Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I dont want to go any more

I dont want to go any more

Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:18 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I dont want to go any more

Is there a black market for unused visas ?
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:27 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Forget the spiders, its the bloody rats that I am freaking out over.
Had a rat every night in my garden/patio this week different rats too, some bloody huge some small :scared:
I dont know what to do about them. Never saw a bloody rat in England and now I am seeing them all the time.
Why they are in my garden I dont know, we are renting in a tiny little brand new complex, no rubbish anywhere and dont even have a bin in our garden.
As for the spiders, I used to lay awake in England worrying about them, not seen one in my house yet but seen a few huntsman and something looking suspiciously like a wolf spider on my patio and they dont freak my out at all now that I am here (weird)
Now stop fretting and get on with that bloody packing, like I told you the other day just enjoy your time and people in England stop wasting time worrying about spiders that you may never see in your house.
We had a rat in our garden back in the UK. It actually looked quite friendly.... We got the pest control in but not before it had tunnelled right around the pond and started nesting.

Haven't seen any rats here though.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

We saw a big fat rat running across the road in front of us the other night driving back from the country. We couldn't help laughing as we had spent most of the journey back looking for roos and it was a blooming great rat that almost caused an accident
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:37 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Of course its on the news every day about the hundreds of spider fatalities, its an unreasonable phobia, we have been here for 21 months, and without a word of a lie, I have seen no more than half a dozen spiders, only one of them in the house, most were outdoors............and were small, just like you would see in the UK. Dont take this the wrong way, but grow up and get realistic.
Blimey, you're doing well. We're down the road from you, and I've had four whitetails indoors this past fortnight! And I've lost count of the house spiders on the patio... Only seen one redback so far, outside.

But apart from one of the whitetails, none was particularly impressive in size - needed a magnifying glass to see the white spots!

I too worried about spiders more for our 8yo than anything else. But if she sees one, she just tells dh or I and we despatch it. Sadly, we've decided that's the sensible thing to do. Don't like it as spiders keep so many other pests under control, but given that our cat likes pulling their legs off for fun, it's probably best.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

We don't kill any spiders but I do get the boyfriend to collect them and take them off down the road to a new home He used to refuse to do it for the big house spiders, but it appears that a bite from one of them can cause sickness and bad headaches which we hadn't been aware of, so now these get removed as well
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:42 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

forget the spiders them cockroaches are something to behold ,and we had a mouse in the toaster which was duly fried to a crisp and stunk to .We got rats in the back garden in the bougain villea LOVELY
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:43 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

just slap um on the Barbie!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:52 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

The reason the Aussie government wants British immigration is to maintain the population of OZ by replacing all the thosands of Aussies that are killed by spiders each year. Wait untill you see a massive tiger snake the size of a log, you will soon lose your fear of spiders.

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Mar 1st 2006 at 1:55 am.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 2:05 am
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

I too am terrified of spiders.

When we were on our reccie both the kids and myself would strip the bed and check for spiders every night for the first few nights but we soon forgot about it. Also I thought I would be terrified to walk around barefoot in the hotel room - again it didn't take long to forget about it. We didn't see any spiders at all in the hotel and I can spot a spider anywhere if there is one!

Obviously the hotel must have had regular sprayings, but then I've been worrying about what spiders there will be in a rented house when we move. The idea of spraying or bombing regularly has eased my mind and I'm just not going to worry over it anymore.

I was going to go to a hypnotist for this phobia but decided against it. As I said before my spider radar is off the scale - if I didn't have the phobia would I become too complacent about these dangerous spiders. At least this way, if there is a spider in the house I will know about it and get someone (not me :scared: ) to deal with it.

Good luck, you will be fine once you are there, I promise you

Cheri x
Old Mar 1st 2006, 2:47 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

might just book the soddin flights and be done with it. cant change my mind then can i!!!!!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 2:50 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Rooksie it sounds like Sam is on target.

You have been through a lot of stress and it's causing you a lot of anxiety. This anxiety aggravates phobias.

Nothing anyone can say right now to logically explain why spiders aren't such a big deal, will calm your nerves.

Work on relaxing in general (massage, nice hot bath, cup of tea).... and then make a plan. I'm surprised they don't sell SpiderStun in cylinders the way they sell pepper spray for use on humans. Get a big handbag and stuff a large can of bug spray in it. I hate to say that, cos spiders are in general great in the environment, catching and eating a lot of other harmful bugs. But if that is what it takes for you.....

Some people Hoover up spiders.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 2:53 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
might just book the soddin flights and be done with it. cant change my mind then can i!!!!!

I reckon its a shame you cant validate and do a holiday trip.

You will see for yourself how it is which will help you make an informed choice.

I know you have sold your house and things are moving quickly, but I reckon 2 weeks on the Gold Coast would help you see things clearly and take you out of a stressful situation.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 2:56 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lor
just slap um on the Barbie!
I meant the spiders not Rookies thread .
Old Mar 1st 2006, 2:59 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

sure you can.

Don't feel trapped.... take control, in whatever form that takes for you. I really think it would be of help to talk to a therapist or psychiatrist. Think of it as immigration consultation, cos it is.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 3:00 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

go on book it quick...you've come this far to not go through with it... xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.