Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I dont want to go any more

I dont want to go any more

Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:34 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I dont want to go any more

Rooksie, I dont think its just the spiders that is bothering you.

Take a look at what you have been through the past couple of months. Your brother is ill, you have got your visa, been to hell and back trying to sell you house, got so wrapped up in the whole migration process that you have forgotten how to think about anything else.

Now its really happening and you are going to leave the place you have called 'home' for somewhere that happens to have something you are frightened of.

You need to take one day at a time and not look any further.

Start trying to find out about therapists that can help you with your fear of spiders.

If you look how many people with spider phobias migrate to Oz and get by just fine.

Please don't give up on your dream, its what you have worked so hard to get.

When you feel like crap, scared of what is to come, and find yourself fighting with Jed, give him a hug because I bet you hes as nervous as you, but in different ways.

I am so looking forward to 'Rooksies updates from Downunder' because the way you write, they would be great.

You have alot of friends on this site, so sound off on here and remember that you worked hard to get the visa, you will have to work harder to make it work.

And until the day comes when you fly out, you take one stage at a time, set yourself small targets, and try and get your phobia sorted out in the UK.

Love Sam

Just found this website for you, its free so worth a try.

http://www.mindfithypnosis.com/spiderphobia.htm

Last edited by Cheetah7; Feb 28th 2006 at 10:41 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:41 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rooksie
I cant handle it any more. Jed and I are arguing non stop and I really am scared out of my wits of spiders. Just their appearance freaks me out completely but those buggers can kill you!!! I'm sure i wont be able to sleep at night because i will imagine them in the bedroom and in the girl's bedrooms. what if you get bitten by a funnel-web in your sleep? i guess that means you dont wake up. well fekk that.

i dont want to go.
Of course its on the news every day about the hundreds of spider fatalities, its an unreasonable phobia, we have been here for 21 months, and without a word of a lie, I have seen no more than half a dozen spiders, only one of them in the house, most were outdoors............and were small, just like you would see in the UK. Dont take this the wrong way, but grow up and get realistic.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:44 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

gets better mate. jed and i fell out this morning (for a change and he was definitely in the wrong ( ). just had a knock at the door and through the glass i could see a man standing holding a bunch of flowers i opened the door with a big grin and they are for next door

bollox.
PMSL sorry but you are so funny

here have these from me
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:53 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
*SLAP !!!!!!!!!*

Pull yourself together woman
ha ha ha , i just read her post and was about to type back what u replied
great minds and that
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:55 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Rooksie is really struggling here to be honest.

Her brother is really ill and everything is happening at once.

Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:57 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

gets better mate. jed and i fell out this morning (for a change ) and he was definitely in the wrong ( ). just had a knock at the door and through the glass i could see a man standing holding a bunch of flowers . i opened the door with a big grin and they are for next door

bollox.
just spat my beer over the screen
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by soapy
just spat my beer over the screen
I know, that bit made me giggle as well.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:02 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Didn`t DollyDaydream go to London Zoo for an aquaint with spiders to help her fear of them??
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks everyone. means a lot.

no doubt jed will come home and ask me if ive got PMT
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Didn`t DollyDaydream go to London Zoo for an aquaint with spiders to help her fear of them??

yup, she went with possoms and i was supposed to go too fekk
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell Jac. You sounded normal on the phone I and first born are terrified of spiders. Have not seen a huntsman or a red back. Had some daddy long legs and two general fat buggers that got squished by hubby's foot. End of story.

You get the house sprayed and they leave you alone (along with any human who has decided you have lost the plot and are not worth knowing )

Just get your ass over here, find something real to worry about and stop drinking and popping whatever pills you are popping.

I think you should send Jed flowers not the other way round
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by possoms
PMSL sorry but you are so funny

here have these from me

thanks mate.

what are the odds of that though eh

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Yes me, DD and GinaUK all went together, I can highly recommend it at the end we all stood there with a Tarantula in our hands
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Bloody hell Jac. You sounded normal on the phone I and first born are terrified of spiders. Have not seen a huntsman or a red back. Had some daddy long legs and two general fat buggers that got squished by hubby's foot. End of story.

You get the house sprayed and they leave you alone (along with any human who has decided you have lost the plot and are not worth knowing )

Just get your ass over here, find something real to worry about and stop drinking and popping whatever pills you are popping.

I think you should send Jed flowers not the other way round

trust you
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:06 pm

thanks mate.

what are the odds of that though eh
what me sending you flowers?? very slim mate, very slim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.