Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I dont want to go any more

I dont want to go any more

Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:54 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I dont want to go any more

Originally Posted by wmoore
Actually I got a fright the other day when a baby gecko climbed up my leg
I bet the gecko was more frightened :scared:
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:54 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Mate this is just nerves, you'll be fine once you arrive

my hair is going greyer by the second and im starting to resemble the mad professor from back to the future!!!!!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:55 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I bet the gecko was more frightened :scared:
I'm amazed he got passed my stinky feet TBH
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
once, up my pyjama leg (long story!!)

Oh pray tell, must be very intriguing or am I just being too curious lol or does it just leave too much to the imagination lol :scared:
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Rooksie]once, up my pyjama leg (long story!!)

hi, you only live once, :scared: spiders are only reincarnated estate agents, nothing to fear just step on them they are full of hot wind .
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:56 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

my hair is going greyer by the second and im starting to resemble the mad professor from back to the future!!!!!
Go and book your flights that'll take your mind of it
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:06 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

This is your dream mate, one you've had for twenty odd years, of course you're nervous.

That's what makes it all the more exciting you're in for a helluva adventure hold on tight and enjoy, you're about to live your dream
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Oh pray tell, must be very intriguing or am I just being too curious lol or does it just leave too much to the imagination lol :scared:

few years ago, when we moved down to torquay, me and the girls (3 and 8 at the time) stayed at my parents house for a week when hubbie moved down before us.

well anyone who has ever stayed with their parents knows that its lights out at 9pm and to bed. me and the girls werent sleepy and were lying in bed when i felt something crawling in my jammy bottoms over my ass!! it was a fekking spider and i had squashed him (poor bas*ard didnt stand a chance against my arse!) . trying to rip my pj's off and trying not to scream and i had spider guts all over my ass!!!

anyway, you had to ask didnt you!!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by possoms
Go and book your flights that'll take your mind of it

gets better mate. jed and i fell out this morning (for a change ) and he was definitely in the wrong ( ). just had a knock at the door and through the glass i could see a man standing holding a bunch of flowers . i opened the door with a big grin and they are for next door

bollox.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:11 am
Account Closed

This is your dream mate, one you've had for twenty odd years, of course you're nervous.

That's what makes it all the more exciting you're in for a helluva adventure hold on tight and enjoy, you're about to live your dream

thanks mate
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:12 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=charlie brown]
once, up my pyjama leg (long story!!)

hi, you only live once, :scared: spiders are only reincarnated estate agents, nothing to fear just step on them they are full of hot wind .

but those big buggers would make a crunching sound. ewwwwww
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:16 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks mate
Just read through this thread...like Fraser said.ou are finally doing something you have fought for and dreamed about.

It has been 'safe' and not really tangible, until now.

You want everything to be right...sure you do!!

The spiders etc, are a fact of life...but do all the prevention bit and it will be ok.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Come up here, it's too laid back for phobias, nobody can be bothered least of all the spiders, snakes, crocodiles - none of we have seen No, not one spider of any size! They are very rare up here I am told. Come on get a grip. I am Sh*t scared of spiders but i came here and to be honest the last one I saw was in Dartford Kent!

Don't beleive everything you read. Try it for ourself!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:22 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant handle it any more. Jed and I are arguing non stop and I really am scared out of my wits of spiders. Just their appearance freaks me out completely but those buggers can kill you!!! I'm sure i wont be able to sleep at night because i will imagine them in the bedroom and in the girl's bedrooms. what if you get bitten by a funnel-web in your sleep? i guess that means you dont wake up. well fekk that.

i dont want to go.

Forget the spiders, its the bloody rats that I am freaking out over.
Had a rat every night in my garden/patio this week different rats too, some bloody huge some small :scared:
I dont know what to do about them. Never saw a bloody rat in England and now I am seeing them all the time.
Why they are in my garden I dont know, we are renting in a tiny little brand new complex, no rubbish anywhere and dont even have a bin in our garden.
As for the spiders, I used to lay awake in England worrying about them, not seen one in my house yet but seen a few huntsman and something looking suspiciously like a wolf spider on my patio and they dont freak my out at all now that I am here (weird)
Now stop fretting and get on with that bloody packing, like I told you the other day just enjoy your time and people in England stop wasting time worrying about spiders that you may never see in your house.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

head in sand before mate but now its all becoming very real :scared:

It sounds to me like this is why you're stressing, your move to Australia isn't just a future plan and dream. It's a reality and it's happening now. It is a huge life changing event, and very daunting, but think on the reasons why you decided to make the move. It's perfectly normal to be afraid of change, but don't let your fears dictate your actions. Share your thoughts and feelings with your hubby, he's the one who really needs to know how you feel and who can support you best. Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.