Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

Wikiposts

How has your day been?

Old Jul 7th 2012, 4:57 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Work is doing my head in. I tell them that I can only work weekdays and in daytime - so what shifts do I get for next week, saturday late morning til evening (at 9-30) and the same on sunday. I have no-one to look after youngSOB, looks like I may have to lose this job. They promised that it wouldn't be a problem and they could fit in around my altered circumstances but it seems that when the chap who employed me left, all the helpfulness/co-operation went with him! Looks like they just want me to beg and grovel again. Meh and pfffffft to the lot of them

Other than that today has been a lovely peaceful Sunday YoungSOB is back to school tomorrow and I'll have a week of nothingness as I have no shifts - I may have no choice other than to get back to sorting/unpacking our stuff which is all still in cardboard boxes I still need to find a cheap cupboard where I can stash away all the stuff that has no other logical place to go and looks messy if left out. Where does one buy stashing cupboards cheaply?
Old Jul 7th 2012, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Where does one buy stashing cupboards cheaply?
Op shops? Bought several nice pieces in good condition from the Salvos

Had a productive day. Planted the plants we got at our Citizenship ceremony. Mowed the front lawn and pressure-washed the front path where the planting took place.
Old Jul 7th 2012, 6:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Me and First Born are doing a Pride and Prejudice marathon and lusting after Colin Firth I'm also having to translate some words for her It also helps to remind her what an awesome mother I am. Mrs Bennet does have her uses after all.
Old Jul 7th 2012, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
A little bit good and a little bit not so good. Got up at 6 to go to the loo and when I stood up I saw a small trickle of blood running down the front of my leg and an area of my healing suture line that's opened. I stopped the bleeding but now there's about a 1/2 cm area of what looks like a bubble. Now I'm going to have to go back to the surgeon again tomorrow. I just got the flipping bandages off on Thursday!

The old man and I are taking our daughter to see Ted this afternoon so looking forward to that. I also felt like playing Masterchef this morning so made the filling for beef & guinness pies and it's in the slow cooker. I won't bother with the crust until we get home from the movies. I also made 2 dozen melting moments and they're just cooling now. I'm going to make lemon filling for them seeing how I've got 2 shopping bags full of lemons and one of limes. Tonight I'm making lime pound cake to take to work tomorrow.
Oh dear....hope you heal up without too many stitches. Are you doing too much??
Food sounds yummy. I'm fasting from midnight, but am preparing a sausage casserole, so that hopefully there will be some for DD and OH tomorrow.

OH doesn't feel well- aching neck and cold. I've sacrificed my wheatpack, as I'm all rheumaticky and am not allowed painkillers. I hope he is ok to come with me tomorrow, as there is no one else. On the other hand, if he is catching, I don't really want him that close>
Old Jul 7th 2012, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back.... Meh
Old Jul 7th 2012, 8:28 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Had a lovely day in Freo with my friend and her little girl, went to Gino's for lunch, then to the park by the Esplanade, I have just got back - now having a cuppa.

Got to wash/straighten my hair - now that is a mammoth task of late, then get stuff ready for work tomorrow but otherwise, just relaxing this evening.
Old Jul 7th 2012, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Just bathed the kids and have made two covers for son's wheat bag. Navy corduroy with red cars. He's happy as a pig in mud (well, he would be if I hadn't just washed all the mud off!)

Now going to make some waterproof pads to put in two of the children's Ready Beds for holiday later in the year. I just figure that if they wet the bed at least I will only have to wash the pads! I am using a couple of old cot waterproof mattress protectors, some flannelette sheeting and Velcro. Hope it works!!!!
Old Jul 7th 2012, 9:52 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

A golden duck but a team win to keep us in the hunt for a semi spot.

Knackered, red wine time ...
Old Jul 7th 2012, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
A golden duck but a team win to keep us in the hunt for a semi spot.

Knackered, red wine time ...
Obviously the new diet effects your play....
Old Jul 7th 2012, 11:21 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Should be a good one... off to some friends for a bbq then watch the tennis final.

I have heard a rumour there may be Pimms and chocolate cake
Old Jul 7th 2012, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rasen78
Should be a good one... off to some friends for a bbq then watch the tennis final.

I have heard a rumour there may be Pimms and chocolate cake
Shirley if its the wimbledon final you should be having strawberries and cream washed down with Verve?
Old Jul 7th 2012, 11:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Shirley if its the wimbledon final you should be having strawberries and cream washed down with Verve?
Don't call her Shirley. Why Verve? Definitely Pimms.
Old Jul 8th 2012, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Don't call her Shirley. Why Verve? Definitely Pimms.
Because, Daphnie, I like Verve only slightly More than I like Pimms... Which is digusting, vomit inducing piss of the devil... Imho
Old Jul 8th 2012, 12:22 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Did bugger all today, had a terrible headache all day. The house looks like a bomb has hit it and I don't know where to start. I didn't even buy any wine today
Old Jul 8th 2012, 12:22 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Obviously the new diet effects your play....
I don't score much whatever I eat

It does, however, affect my pedantry ... Affect ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.