Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Jun 2nd 2013, 11:19 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by OleJanx
My day has been good. Mrs. Janx pissed off to Washington D.C. to see her sister today. I had a nice drive to Thiefrow T5, and an even better, if somewhat noisier drive back!
For the next two weeks, it's just me and the zoo ( a dog and three cats)
I refused to put them in boarding kennels or cattery, so I can do what the hell I want, so long as the place is tidy two days before here return...meanwhile , I'm doing a credible impression of Bob the slob.
Maaarvelous!
Enjoy the zoo
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:23 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Just booked tickets for my daughter and family to visit at Christmas - they're coming for 3 weeks
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:48 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Just booked tickets for my daughter and family to visit at Christmas - they're coming for 3 weeks
excellent
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
excellent
Had to phone up to complete booking, but they charged £200 less than website

(they're be here by 7th Dec but I'll still babysit for you )
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
My first consignment of leaflets has been dropped off- rather damp, as despite instructions they didn't leave it under cover. 9 sets of 302 magazines and leaflets to be counted, sorted, folded and then tomorrow distributed. I'll certainly build up some muscles - and all for $38.80.

Think I've just entered the slave labour market- goodness knows how I'll carry them all. I'll have to divide it into about 6 trips.
We have had the same girl deliver our leaflets for nearly seven years.She uses an old pram to carry them.It is silly money but the exercise will be good and it may lead to something better.You never know.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 2:18 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Had to phone up to complete booking, but they charged £200 less than website

(they're be here by 7th Dec but I'll still babysit for you )
get the last 2 days of the Adelaide ashes test in
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 5:15 am

Turning into a good day today - now have place on gap training course starting 8th July, and the workbook to give me something to do
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I've spent over 3 hours sorting out leaflets- neck and back are now really aching, and I had the wrong number delivered- 3 lots were too many, one lot was missing altogether, and another was 50 short. 20 were so soggy that I've still not managed to dry them out and 6 were ripped to shreds. My havds are black from the ink!!
I have 8 bags full of 25 sets of 8 leaflets. They are all I can manage at one time or they are too heavy to carry. I'll look out for a cheap shopping trolley I think. It will probably take 4-6 hours to deliver them, so I'm working for $4-5 an hour.

OS - that's good news all round- tried to send karma but I have to spread it about a bit before you get any more!!
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I've spent over 3 hours sorting out leaflets- neck and back are now really aching, and I had the wrong number delivered- 3 lots were too many, one lot was missing altogether, and another was 50 short. 20 were so soggy that I've still not managed to dry them out and 6 were ripped to shreds. My havds are black from the ink!!
I have 8 bags full of 25 sets of 8 leaflets. They are all I can manage at one time or they are too heavy to carry. I'll look out for a cheap shopping trolley I think. It will probably take 4-6 hours to deliver them, so I'm working for $4-5 an hour.

OS - that's good news all round- tried to send karma but I have to spread it about a bit before you get any more!!
Thanks Caroline - I'm celebrating with a shandy
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 7:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I was naffed off. Went to Big W and as we walked in we were given leaflets about NEXT online shopping. I hate NEXT, I didn't like it when I lived in the UK, it's still shite now and I don't want their poxy advertising in Big W. I'm sure half the members on here will now be rushing off to Big W though.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I was naffed off. Went to Big W and as we walked in we were given leaflets about NEXT online shopping. I hate NEXT, I didn't like it when I lived in the UK, it's still shite now and I don't want their poxy advertising in Big W. I'm sure half the members on here will now be rushing off to Big W though.
Excuse me if I give it a miss
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 7:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

shite, drove from Newman to Karratha and it's pissing down everywhere, free coffee in Ausky roadhouse though cos she liked my smile so not all bad
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse me if I give it a miss
NEXT= Naff Extremely Xpensive Tatt.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I use to love Next,but I have managed seven years without it.Every time I have gone back I had a quick look but left empty handed.Why is Big W advertising for Next.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 12:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I use to love Next,but I have managed seven years without it.Every time I have gone back I had a quick look but left empty handed.Why is Big W advertising for Next.
No idea. We were confused as well. I could understand Target I guess because they sell the same stuff as Next but not Big W.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.