Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old May 16th 2013, 11:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by itigo
I'll be on crutches for about 6 weeks. Straight leg brace for 2 weeks. MPFL recon is where they use a bit of a tendon (from me) drill a hole in the kneecap and tether it with the tendon......the TTT is where they break the tibia where the patellar tendon inserts and move it into a different position with screws......ooooch!!
Hopefully it'll stabilise my kneecap so it doesn't slide around and out like it does at the moment....
Oh my ****ing god, that sounds beyond horrible. Hope recovery is quick.
Old May 16th 2013, 11:58 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
I'll be on crutches for about 6 weeks. Straight leg brace for 2 weeks. MPFL recon is where they use a bit of a tendon (from me) drill a hole in the kneecap and tether it with the tendon......the TTT is where they break the tibia where the patellar tendon inserts and move it into a different position with screws......ooooch!!
Hopefully it'll stabilise my kneecap so it doesn't slide around and out like it does at the moment....
Erk! Hope it's not as painful as it sounds you get over it quickly
Old May 16th 2013, 1:33 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

I was painting an ensuite today.Started to paint the wall then had to go to the van for something.As I exit the bedroom the Indian owner brushes past me on the way into the room.
I return with roller in hand and walk into the ensuite to find find him sat on the crapper.I make a hasty retreat to the sound of him farting and shouting'don't let me stop you from working'.
I said'I'll give it 10 minutes if you don't mind'.
There was another toilet upstairs and one down but he wanted to dump in the ensuite
Old May 16th 2013, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Weekly z track IM injections are SUCH fun aren't they? Just glad I work with some of the BEST nurses in Australia... One in particular...
Old May 16th 2013, 6:09 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Time is a great healer we are told. This wonderful ideology is told to us by out and out liars.. I feel ever more helpless that I wasn't there to help, only to be a witness to 6ft. under. Notwithstanding how I moved on, I'm still stuck somewhere, mentaly, in 1997. And I still feel like an utter bastard for not being there, even though I doubt I could have changed anything - It's the 'what if? What if? Well, could I have done anything?' situation. I really don't know, but not being about made me feel like an utter shit...I perhaps ( Haaa..) could have paid more attention, but being a young arrogant shit, I was chasing the almighty dollar...and lost more than I thought - would I swap things if I could? Shit , yes, but I was selfish, and paid a far higher price than I expected.
Same happened to me a couple of years ago,tis a real b'stard,got to move on though
Old May 18th 2013, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter had her formal last night - having spent $500 on the ticket, outfit, bag, jewellery, hair and nails, I'm really pleased to say she looked absolutely gorgeous, and had a great time. She said that lots of boys wanted to dance with her- one stepped on her foot though!! Another said she was beautiful- and that was someone else's date!!! At least now she has things so that she can look lovely and get dressed up. It is so nice to see her being confident for once.
Old May 18th 2013, 12:45 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

So happy not to be at work that I'm blitzing the housework.

Cricket tomorrow, at last count we had 5 and 2 maybes, not optimal.
Old May 18th 2013, 8:13 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very tired after getting an unexpected day off. I have to work tomorrow instead though but at least that's time and a half I havent written here much lately just been too tired. The upside is that I'm getting plenty of hours and working six days a week, the downside is that I'm getting very little time with YoungSOB and I'm just so tired! I can't afford to turn down any shifts though as my job is disappearing some time soon so it's all about making hay while the sun shines for now. It's a great feeling at the moment knowing that I can pay my bills as they arrive and I'm saving a bit too for when darker days come. So although life is tiring, at least it's because of some positive things.
Old May 18th 2013, 10:09 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
I'm very tired after getting an unexpected day off. I have to work tomorrow instead though but at least that's time and a half I havent written here much lately just been too tired. The upside is that I'm getting plenty of hours and working six days a week, the downside is that I'm getting very little time with YoungSOB and I'm just so tired! I can't afford to turn down any shifts though as my job is disappearing some time soon so it's all about making hay while the sun shines for now. It's a great feeling at the moment knowing that I can pay my bills as they arrive and I'm saving a bit too for when darker days come. So although life is tiring, at least it's because of some positive things.
That's the spirit,work now while it's there n as you say save for the lean times
Old May 18th 2013, 10:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Hope you managed to do something with the day off other than sleep

I've spent the day building furniture and emptying boxes. Managed to get the young sparks bed rebuilt with only one bolt and capture screw missing. This is good since it actually has well over 100 screws, bolts, pegs, etc and even though it wasn't full dis-assembled, had 51 pieces to assemble with no instructions

But job jobbed - whiskey here I come
Old May 18th 2013, 11:16 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hope you managed to do something with the day off other than sleep

I've spent the day building furniture and emptying boxes. Managed to get the young sparks bed rebuilt with only one bolt and capture screw missing. This is good since it actually has well over 100 screws, bolts, pegs, etc and even though it wasn't full dis-assembled, had 51 pieces to assemble with no instructions

But job jobbed - whiskey here I come
I hope he enjoys sleeping in his new 'bookcase'
Old May 18th 2013, 11:20 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I hope he enjoys sleeping in his new 'bookcase'
It's okay - my flat pack furniture skills are no match for yours
Old May 18th 2013, 11:28 am

It's okay - my flat pack furniture skills are no match for yours
here's a pic - if you ever consider buying one, don't
Attached Thumbnails How has your day been?-bed.jpg  
Old May 18th 2013, 2:43 pm
FREE TIBET

here's a pic - if you ever consider buying one, don't
I won't,i'll just kip in this one when i come to visit
Old May 18th 2013, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I won't,i'll just kip in this one when i come to visit
You'll have to kick the young spark out first

Or share

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.