Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old May 13th 2013, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
True - any advice for an interview in Australia? Is it all the same or anything different I should know about
Dress smartly as first impression counts, don't forget to smile & look in their eyes when they talk to you & don't be too nervous & you should be okay hon, I've only ever had two interviews & got both jobs in different state. second one I never even worked in that industry but she said she liked me because I was confident & had the right face for the job.
I've been with this company for nearly two years & I've was trained into the job & had to get the qualification while working with them.
Old May 13th 2013, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Utterly shit. 16 years ago, the love of my life, who I expected to spend the rest of my life with , decided to overdose whilst I was 4000 miles away in the middle east, unable to see or help in any way.

What an utter pisser.
Old May 13th 2013, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Utterly shit. 16 years ago, the love of my life, who I expected to spend the rest of my life with , decided to overdose whilst I was 4000 miles away in the middle east, unable to see or help in any way.

What an utter pisser.
((((hugs))))
Old May 13th 2013, 10:53 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Good luck with both of those.
Thanks Caroline - first night under the belt but not the best sleep. Need to get used to how it sounds if that makes sense.
Old May 13th 2013, 10:59 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
On time, smartly dressed, and speak in English.
Thanks for that - the on time bit needs some work - arrived half hour early for meeting with RTO about gap training, and he was 10 mins late

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Dress smartly as first impression counts, don't forget to smile & look in their eyes when they talk to you & don't be too nervous & you should be okay hon, I've only ever had two interviews & got both jobs in different state. second one I never even worked in that industry but she said she liked me because I was confident & had the right face for the job.
I've been with this company for nearly two years & I've was trained into the job & had to get the qualification while working with them.
Thanks Fari - I also can't do the job they want me to do straight away as I need to do gap training to get full electricians license, but explained this on the phone and they seem happy to do this - got to be a good sign I hope
Old May 13th 2013, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that - the on time bit needs some work - arrived half hour early for meeting with RTO about gap training, and he was 10 mins late

Thanks Fari - I also can't do the job they want me to do straight away as I need to do gap training to get full electricians license, but explained this on the phone and they seem happy to do this - got to be a good sign I hope

It is very good sign, also always be at least 15 mins early for the interview, more than 15 mins shows you are desperate, you might be but it does mean they need to know.
Also when they ask you, are you going for other interviews tell them yes specially if you are going to their competitive, that's how I've got my first job.
Old May 13th 2013, 11:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What an utter pisser.
Ole, I'm really sorry. Please don't blame yourself for not being there. You could have been 4 miles away and the same thing could have happened.
Old May 14th 2013, 12:31 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

What an utter pisser.
Anniversaries of such things are pretty shite and they don't seem to get any better as the years go by

I hate the end of May through to the middle of June for the same sort of reasons, big hugs to you.
Old May 14th 2013, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Anniversaries of such things are pretty shite and they don't seem to get any better as the years go by

I hate the end of May through to the middle of June for the same sort of reasons, big hugs to you.
Time is a great healer we are told. This wonderful ideology is told to us by out and out liars.. I feel ever more helpless that I wasn't there to help, only to be a witness to 6ft. under. Notwithstanding how I moved on, I'm still stuck somewhere, mentaly, in 1997. And I still feel like an utter bastard for not being there, even though I doubt I could have changed anything - It's the 'what if? What if? Well, could I have done anything?' situation. I really don't know, but not being about made me feel like an utter shit...I perhaps ( Haaa..) could have paid more attention, but being a young arrogant shit, I was chasing the almighty dollar...and lost more than I thought - would I swap things if I could? Shit , yes, but I was selfish, and paid a far higher price than I expected.

Last edited by OleJanx; May 14th 2013 at 2:08 am.
Old May 14th 2013, 4:25 am

Had a phonecall from the removals company - container being delivered on Thursday
Old May 14th 2013, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Had a phonecall from the removals company - container being delivered on Thursday

Yay.
Now don't make yourself too tired before your interview on Friday
Old May 14th 2013, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Yay.
Now don't make yourself too tired before your interview on Friday
I'm so excited Silly huh
Old May 14th 2013, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm so excited Silly huh

Sad, very sad!
Old May 14th 2013, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so excited Silly huh
Not silly at all- it was soooo great to get our container after camping for 6 weeks. I'll second Fari in saying don't rush to unpack everything and make yourself crook for Friday. Unpack a few essentials, then use the weekend to slowly unpack, check things for damage and take photos of anything that is chipped, dented, scratched, warped or otherwise in a worse state than when you packed it, so you can claim.
Old May 14th 2013, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Not silly at all- it was soooo great to get our container after camping for 6 weeks. I'll second Fari in saying don't rush to unpack everything and make yourself crook for Friday. Unpack a few essentials, then use the weekend to slowly unpack, check things for damage and take photos of anything that is, so you can claim.
Thanks Caroline

Not looking forward to rebuilding the young sparks bed - believe it or not it has somewhere around 50+ pieces and 150 ish screws, bolts, etc. Think he could be on his mattress on the floor until the weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.