Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

House selling in the UK and silly offers

House selling in the UK and silly offers

Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:25 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House selling in the UK and silly offers

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I'm spending the summer finishing decorating mine! I bought it as a newbuild in 2005 and still havent managed to paint all of it yet! (allergic to painting, see!) I bought my house for 93k and at the peak of the market it was valued @ 230k, I however, just want about 30k equity out of it, then I'm willing to let it go! Does anyone think I'll manage it!? lol

(3 bedroomed, redbrick semi, huge garden, MAHASSIVE kitchen/dinette and a drive long enough to hold 3 cars! I'll even throw in the dog, for free! lol)
That's an incredible increase in value over just a few years! How much are you asking for it now?

I've just finished redecorating and decluttering between several sets of overseas visitors. Hard work it was. Only a few finishing touches to do now but I'm feeling knackered - survived on Red Bull at work today
Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:28 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=paulry;7710302 One of my sons was very bothered by them. Do you think I should tell him about Moztralia? [/QUOTE]

You might laugh mate but believe me, its no laughing matter if the mossies out here get stuck into you. They can itch for days and you scratch so much you bleed.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:31 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You might laugh mate but believe me, its no laughing matter if the mossies out here get stuck into you. They can itch for days and you scratch so much you bleed.
I know Australian mozzies are the most aggressive that I have ever come across. Learning not to scratch the itch is key
Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:35 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulry
Learning not to scratch the itch is key
Damn sight easier said than done though.

When I first got here I was eaten alive in the first week and reacted very badly to them. I seem to have built up a certain level of tolerance to them now.... they still can itch like Hell, particularly if they get your toes, but I don't seem to be as bad now.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:33 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

That's an incredible increase in value over just a few years! How much are you asking for it now?

I've just finished redecorating and decluttering between several sets of overseas visitors. Hard work it was. Only a few finishing touches to do now but I'm feeling knackered - survived on Red Bull at work today
135 hopefully!
Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:54 am
Banned

135 hopefully!
That seems like a huge drop from the earlier value. I hope you get your asking price

The messages about the housing market seem to be very mixed at the moment. One minute the media is saying the prices have bottomed out and now is the time to buy and the next they are saying the prices still have further to fall. It's a very confusing time for both buyers and sellers.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:03 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

That seems like a huge drop from the earlier value. I hope you get your asking price

The messages about the housing market seem to be very mixed at the moment. One minute the media is saying the prices have bottomed out and now is the time to buy and the next they are saying the prices still have further to fall. It's a very confusing time for both buyers and sellers.
They said on the radio house prices were up 1% in June
Thats about right now we've accepted an offer on our house 40k below the original asking price
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Thats about right now we've accepted an offer on our house 40k below the original asking price
I was just reading about that here
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by tawkins1
It's probably best to try not to think about it. It's similar to buying some goods and then a couple of days later finding the same goods offered cheaper elsewhere.

The main thing is you will soon be able move on with your life which is a big plus
Old Jun 30th 2009, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Jen - we had ours valued at the supposed height of the market (Jan 2008) and then again in March 2009 when we started to get ready to put it on the market. The surveyor valued it a 20% less in 2009 than he had in 2008.

We sold (in 3 weeks) for 5k more than the valuation we were given in March 09.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 4:09 am
Banned

More analysis here
Old Jun 30th 2009, 4:40 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiestar
Jen - we had ours valued at the supposed height of the market (Jan 2008) and then again in March 2009 when we started to get ready to put it on the market. The surveyor valued it a 20% less in 2009 than he had in 2008.

We sold (in 3 weeks) for 5k more than the valuation we were given in March 09.
Aw well at least I won't have to buy a house to hold things up...
Old Jun 30th 2009, 4:40 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Aw well at least I won't have to buy a house to hold things up...
Just take the money and run lol
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:50 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Just take the money and run lol
Jen I love you, but worried that you are quoting and answering your own posts!

We will be losing at least £40k from valuation last year I have read that things are on the up, not noticed it around Stockport (Manchester).

At this moment, we have no visa, no house in about a month and finish work in two and half weeks

No worries

Cooler
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:58 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Jen I love you, but worried that you are quoting and answering your own posts!

We will be losing at least £40k from valuation last year I have read that things are on the up, not noticed it around Stockport (Manchester).

At this moment, we have no visa, no house in about a month and finish work in two and half weeks

No worries

Cooler
You love me!?!?!? SHOOOSH, u'll make Simon jealous lol

I don't think I'm asking much at £135k.....do u!? lol

Anyone wanna buy me hoose?!
Attached Thumbnails House selling in the UK and silly offers-my-house-oct05-1.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.