Happiness

Old Dec 18th 2009, 5:13 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happiness

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Who needs friends
you wouldnt when you already have snow white and yir 6 brothers
Old Dec 18th 2009, 5:28 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No, I'm trying to absorb it, gimme a chance.
Oh good. I thought I'd gone over the top and scared you off.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 5:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Oh good. I thought I'd gone over the top and scared you off.
No, I'll be back later, p8ssed as a rat from the office Xmas Party and I'll answer you then
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Contentment is all we can ask for I believe, happiness comes and goes.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:14 pm

No, I'll be back later, p8ssed as a rat from the office Xmas Party and I'll answer you then
Oh good. You'll be nice and coherent then.

It's just another day in paradise
As you stumble to your bed
You'd give anything to silence
Those voices ringing in your head
You thought you could find happiness
Just over that green hill
You thought you would be satisfied
But you never will-
Learn to be still

We are like sheep without a shepherd
We don't know how to be alone
So we wander 'round this desert
And wind up following the wrong gods home
But the flock cries out for another
And they keep answering that bell
And one more starry-eyed messiah
Meets a violent farewell-
Learn to be still
Learn to be still

Now the flowers in your garden
They don't smell so sweet
Maybe you've forgotten
The heaven lying at your feet

There are so many contridictions
In all these messages we send
(We keep asking)
How do I get out of here
Where do I fit in?
Though the world is torn and shaken
Even if your heart is breakin'
It's waiting for you to awaken
And someday you will-
Learn to be still
Learn to be still

You just keep on runnin'
Keep on runnin' ...
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:20 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

It's just another day in paradise
As you stumble to your bed
You'd give anything to silence
Those voices ringing in your head
You thought you could find happiness
Just over that green hill
You thought you would be satisfied
But you never will-
Learn to be still

We are like sheep without a shepherd
We don't know how to be alone
So we wander 'round this desert
And wind up following the wrong gods home
But the flock cries out for another
And they keep answering that bell
And one more starry-eyed messiah
Meets a violent farewell-
Learn to be still
Learn to be still

Now the flowers in your garden
They don't smell so sweet
Maybe you've forgotten
The heaven lying at your feet

There are so many contridictions
In all these messages we send
(We keep asking)
How do I get out of here
Where do I fit in?
Though the world is torn and shaken
Even if your heart is breakin'
It's waiting for you to awaken
And someday you will-
Learn to be still
Learn to be still

You just keep on runnin'
Keep on runnin' ...
Now we'll hear the singing from the Mountain Bar.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I consider myself a happy person and am satisfied with what I am, what I have and where I am. Then someone says something, writes something, does something and my inbuild paranoid gene flies to the forefront and I wonder if I am really happy or if I'm deluding myself. I hate that feeling. I feel that I should be someone else and that if others don't believe I'm happy then how can I be?

Then the mood passes and i feel that no one knows me as i do and that yes I am happy, I just don't expect to have to have what others do.

Hope that makes sense
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Now we'll hear the singing from the Mountain Bar.
More like the Superbowl later next year...
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:49 pm

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

More like the Superbowl later next year...
You follow NFL?
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by The Bloke
You follow NFL?
Yes. Are you surprised?

Eagles. Doing the Superbowl. Ker-pow!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:25 pm

Yes. Are you surprised?

Eagles. Doing the Superbowl. Ker-pow!
Packers, 49ers and the Bengals myself. Used to play local gridiron for the Warriors and the Centurions when I first came to Brisbane in the early '90s. Made the state team against New Mexico and Arizona All-stars in '95 .
Old Dec 19th 2009, 1:06 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I had a huge learning 'moment' tonight.

Since Mr PPs accident, I find it hard to be the party animal I once was, stopping after a couple of drinks and the later it gets I get really anxious as I want to go home - dont recognise myself to be honest.

My friends drove me home from a party tonight, Ive not long been in - fed the animals, taking absurd delight in how happy they were to see me.

Had my shower, whacked on the aircon, tucked into a piece of chocolate cake Mr PP made me and put on the TV to watch Christmas carols on Channel 7.

No I do not live in a posh area, no we don't have much money to live on, yes perhaps I have become boring and prefer to stay in or at least not out too late.

Its an ordinary life and ordinary suits me, in fact it suits me quite well. I am just waiting for Mr PP to come home and tomorrow he is off so we can spend the day together.

Homesick at the moment thats for sure and I make no secret of that fact, but in answer to the question in this thread, I reckon I am happy with what I have and an ordinary life sounds pretty good as well.

Old Dec 19th 2009, 3:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Not a chance mate, too many cocktails!!!! I lurve my boss!!!!
Old Dec 19th 2009, 5:03 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

I was kind of getting that idea from some of your recent posts

I've spent too many years trying to make everyone else happy, and nowadays I never seem to succeed at that, so now I'm thinking maybe its time for me - but what right have I got to try and make ME happy? I can't see any reason why I deserve it, yet everyone around me seems to think I should be aiming for that mythical state of mind........
Did you find it worked???
TRYING to make everyone else happy?

It's hardly ever worked for me and wether it has or hasn't worked I feel on many occasions that those people I have tried hard to please have taken advantage of me.
People keep telling me I should just please myself but it's hard when you have small demanding children and them and others want your time or want to please themselves which requires your time or something from you
The other side of things for me is i'm not a very happy person when I can't be active and unfortunately my health has knocked me sideways since last June and now there's so much I can't do and I tire easily, I was happy as a relative of the energiser bunny but at 31 i'm not happy sitting on the side lines with the grandparents watching life go by but at this time I have no choice - and thats the problem I haven't a choice and I haven't learnt to accept not living life at full speed, rushing around, having a busy life and I haven't learnt to cope with and accept the tiredness.
I'm sure at some point I will accept it and perhaps when I have my operation and as the younger two get a bit older life will become less demanding on me and I will have more energy, mind you the older two take advantage of my lack of energy and dislike my inability to run them around everywhere.
However I don't like to wish they're life ahead as they are little for such a short time but at the same time I feel so old, like I must be 70 or so, needing a nap after lunch etc. A bad nights sleep really does feel like the end of the world.
Long outings could put me out of action for days.....

It's just something I have to try and accept - i'm still looking for how I can do that. An i'm lucky that a few friends help out a great deal - not always by physically being here sometimes it's just words in a message xx
Old Dec 19th 2009, 5:37 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Happiness is only achievable if you're able to accept that you are where you are and you got what you got, and that you look on the bright side. That's not to say that you have to set your sights low either, you just have to be realistic about reaching them.

I reckon we're all entitled to a little happiness, but not at the expense of others as that leads to happiness tainted by guilt which eventually makes you miserable.

I'm not even pissed and I'm still talking bollox, going home for Christmas today, so I can honestly say I'm over the moon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.