British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Future Uncertain - My experience (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/future-uncertain-my-experience-676816/)

sonlymewalter Aug 24th 2010 9:56 am

Re: Future Uncertain - My experience

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse (Post 8799007)
This guy was a November 2008 applicant same as myself, he posted in the November '08 applicants thread nearly every single post was 'when will we get visa' now I can see his excitement... to come and rip the rest of us off.

No wonder these guys are copping a hiding in Melbourne.... ripping the country off.

Let's get things into perspective. Not all Indian applicants are like this mate:thumbdown:

TiddlyPom Aug 24th 2010 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 8798995)
Perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt, he may be an honest person and on the phone to Centrelink or emailed them telling them that he no longer lives in Australia so could they stop his money please.:o

:ohmy:

If he has no intent to return to Australia, and they're paying him vast amounts of rupees, the money has for all intents and purposes gone. To recover money from another country as we know, is very difficult.
:lol:

I find this hilarious. I mean, to keep his C'link payments up he must be getting his mail forwarded to his home in India, or he's got relatives in Au who are forwarding it... otherwise someone will post it back to C'link with 'Address unknown' on it and then they'll verify if he does indeed live there. When they discover he doesn't, they'll want their cash back, but I would be seriously surprised if from India he decides to set up payment, given that the average wage is 500 rupees... So unless this guy is a millionaire (Why would he want to come to Aus and try to get a job in the first place if he was?), then there's no way he's going to be paying back eight times his monthly salary (disposable) because he simply wouldn't be able to live!

As he says, his attitude wasn't right!

Cheetah7 Aug 24th 2010 9:58 am

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 8799009)
Exactly, he is probably saving up to bring his whole family over:wub:

Bondi beach or Ganges? :unsure:

Can't surf on the Ganges mate:lol:

Ive got wind, and it smells - even my dog has gone away. Just thought I would share.

Oh god how can I produce such gasses without dying?

Cheetah7 Aug 24th 2010 10:01 am

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom (Post 8799019)
If he has no intent to return to Australia, and they're paying him vast amounts of rupees, the money has for all intents and purposes gone. To recover money from another country as we know, is very difficult.
:lol:

I find this hilarious. I mean, to keep his C'link payments up he must be getting his mail forwarded to his home in India, or he's got relatives in Au who are forwarding it... otherwise someone will post it back to C'link with 'Address unknown' on it and then they'll verify if he does indeed live there. When they discover he doesn't, they'll want their cash back, but I would be seriously suprised if from India he decides to set up payment, given that the average wage is 400 rupees... So unless this guy is a millionnaire (Why would he want to come to Aus and try to get a job in the first place if he was?), then there's no way he's going to be paying back twice his monthly salary (disposeable) because he simply wouldn't be able to live.

One word - theft.:frown:

Karma is a bitch and I hope he gets caught, I have decided that as a tax payer, I no longer want to support his family and he will have to rustle up some rupees another way.

Burnt bridges are harder to cross, I would love to see him try and come back to this country, unless plans have been made so it will seem he has never left or lets hope the passport stamps will catch him out.

TiddlyPom Aug 24th 2010 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 8799024)
One word - theft.:frown:

Karma is a bitch and I hope he gets caught, I have decided that as a tax payer, I no longer want to support his family and he will have to rustle up some rupees another way.

Burnt bridges are harder to cross, I would love to see him try and come back to this country, unless plans have been made so it will seem he has never left or lets hope the passport stamps will catch him out.

Note: I miscalculated the average wage by 100 rupees, so have edited my post. It makes all the difference as you can see.

iamthecreaturefromuranus Aug 24th 2010 10:04 am

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom (Post 8799019)
then there's no way he's going to be paying back eight times his monthly salary (disposable) because he simply wouldn't be able to live!

Median Monthly Disposable Salary (After Tax) 462.56 $

That's 462 USD a month. Not rupees. Don't be fooled into thinking that all of India is penniless. There are more rich people in India now than Germany.

TiddlyPom Aug 24th 2010 10:06 am

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus (Post 8799030)
Median Monthly Disposable Salary (After Tax) 462.56 $

That's 462 USD a month. Not rupees. Don't be fooled into thinking that all of India is penniless. There are more rich people in India now than Germany.

Oh god, there's the dyslexia kicking in again. :rofl:

I was looking at Au $ ... 516 after tax. So is he truly going to be sending back $100 Au?

C'mon! I realise there are some extremely rich people in India. If he was one of them, why did he want to come here?!

Edit: $100Au is still 4,157.032.
Given that the average wage is 4,152,734.71 Rp... Is this wrong? You do the maths for me.

iamthecreaturefromuranus Aug 24th 2010 10:11 am

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom (Post 8799033)

I was looking at Au $ ... 516 after tax. So is he truly going to be sending back $100 Au? That's a whole week's wage providing he's earning the average... ?

C'mon!

I don't expect he will be sending a single cent back. He's stolen it and continues to do so. Personally I think that BE has a legal responsibility to report a fraud to the law and hand over all/any personal details they have of this crook.. if they don't then they are aiding a crime. :)

Cheetah7 Aug 24th 2010 10:16 am

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus (Post 8799040)
I don't expect he will be sending a single cent back. He's stolen it and continues to do so. Personally I think that BE has a legal responsibility to report a fraud to the law and hand over all/any personal details they have of this crook.. if they don't then they are aiding a crime. :)

He said he didnt want to take just any job either, so he is obviously not just doing 'any job' in India.

You are so right, he won't pay it back - I pray that he gets caught I really do. You know there is one BE member who posted ages ago about her husband having cancer and going through chemo, they were not entitled to benefits and while her hubby was having chemo, he was still working and struggling - the post was heartbreaking.

Then you have this guy who couldnt find the right job for his talents, went back to India and the Australian government is coughing up for his kids that dont even live here.

Dishonesty and theft does not even begin to cover it.

iamthecreaturefromuranus Aug 24th 2010 10:17 am

I was looking at Au $ ... 516 after tax. So is he truly going to be sending back $100 Au?

C'mon! I realise there are some extremely rich people in India. If he was one of them, why did he want to come here?!

Edit: $100Au is still 4,157.032.
Given that the average wage is 4,152,734.71 Rp... Is this wrong? You do the maths for me.

Median Monthly Disposable Salary (After Tax) 516.33 AUS$
Median Monthly Disposable Salary (After Tax) 4,152,734.71 Rp

Basically an extra $100 a month from Centerlink is like getting a 20% payrise.. clear of tax.

sonlymewalter Aug 24th 2010 10:20 am

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus (Post 8799040)

I am currently taking down his particulars as we speak. Polly is sticking her broom in his arse to obtain top secret info and Moneypenny is hitting him over the head with her handbag, making her dance all over the place.

I have faith he will surrender to centrelink, especially when Sue gets here. Hes a dead man walking mate:unsure:

Pollyana Aug 24th 2010 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 8798995)
Perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt, he may be an honest person and on the phone to Centrelink or emailed them telling them that he no longer lives in Australia so could they stop his money please.:o

:ohmy:

These posts from earlier in the thread tend to indicate that isn't the case.

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79 (Post 8741792)
Does someone know till what time we will receive payments from Centrelink?:unsure:

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79 (Post 8795378)
I am not boasting about anything and I am getting approx. $100/month, if I happen to come back to Australia and Centrelink wants me to return the money, I will readily do so

:)

iamthecreaturefromuranus Aug 24th 2010 10:26 am

That's a bloody good question. Most of those coming from India seem to be in IT and frankly they would probably be better off staying exactly where they are.

iamthecreaturefromuranus Aug 24th 2010 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8799072)
These posts from earlier in the thread tend to indicate that isn't the case.

Speaking from personal experience... if Centerlink do over pay you anything and you are entitled to a tax refund as well... then they just take it straight out of the tax refund. No questions asked, its just taken.

TiddlyPom Aug 24th 2010 10:48 am

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus (Post 8799054)
Median Monthly Disposable Salary (After Tax) 516.33 AUS$
Median Monthly Disposable Salary (After Tax) 4,152,734.71 Rp

Basically an extra $100 a month from Centerlink is like getting a 20% payrise.. clear of tax.

Really? Is that all.

If $100 AU is 4,157.032 Rp, and the average monthly salary is 4,152,734.71 Rp , how is that only 20% payrise?

I am a bit thick when it comes to working out things, so this looks like a whole double salary. One average salary plus one centrelink 'salary' on top.

Either way, it's a lot of money. :eek: