British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Future Uncertain - My experience (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/future-uncertain-my-experience-676816/)

Pollyana Aug 24th 2010 7:18 am

Re: Future Uncertain - My experience

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79 (Post 8798583)
Yep I know there are lot of Indians in Australia and they are friendly with other immigrants. However I have observed that very few professionals are doing work in their respective fields but are stuckup doing odd jobs. This scared me up.... I am trying to gather momentum again so that I could give one more try..

So waht you have done is fine in that you have gone home to gather your thoughts and then try again.
What is NOT fine is that you are no longer a current resident of Australia yet you are claiming benefits to which only residents are entitled.
Speaking as an Aussie taxpayer, I have better things to spend my money on than supporting a family living in India who may never set foot in Australia again.

Cheetah7 Aug 24th 2010 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8798754)
So waht you have done is fine in that you have gone home to gather your thoughts and then try again.
What is NOT fine is that you are no longer a current resident of Australia yet you are claiming benefits to which only residents are entitled.
Speaking as an Aussie taxpayer, I have better things to spend my money on than supporting a family living in India who may never set foot in Australia again.

I agree, I do not want to support his kids, why should I/we?

If I had more information I would grass this guys arse up so fast it would catch fire.

Theft is the word that springs to mind and if he is prepared to do that just to give his family a few bucks that they are not entitled to then is he really the kind of person this country wants?

Jesus christ man, its a hundred bucks, if you need the money that badly in India get another job. That money is not yours and I stand by my decision that I bet you wont pay however much is owing to centrelink back, because if you can afford to do that then you dont need the money now do you?

I hope you get caught, I really do. We had to jump through hoops to get here and prove our honesty, it's no wonder things are getting harder for future migrants when stuff like this happens.

There is nothing wrong with receiving family benifits if you are entitled to them, and you are not - you know this.

sonlymewalter Aug 24th 2010 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 8798837)
........jesus christ man, its a hundred bucks, if you need the money that badly in India get another job. ...............

Hundred bucks:eek:

That buys 500 takeaways in Delhi:lol:

TiddlyPom Aug 24th 2010 9:25 am

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 8798928)

More than that.

Cheetah7 Aug 24th 2010 9:26 am

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 8798928)

It annoys the **** out of me, one one hand he is saying he will pay it back no problem which indicates to me he has the money to cough up if need be and on the other hand he is happily taking the handout from a country he doesnt live in to feed his family.

And you know what? I dont give a shit if he cant afford to feed his family in India, he shouldnt be taking this money.:frown:

How many migrant families struggle to get by on what they earn and they live here and work, raise their families but for whatever reason they find things tough but do things by the book.

500 takeaways :lol::thumbup:

sonlymewalter Aug 24th 2010 9:27 am

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom (Post 8798945)
More than that.

ok, 500 curries, 400 onion bhaji's, 50 chappatis and a cow:lol:

sonlymewalter Aug 24th 2010 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 8798949)
It annoys the **** out of me, one one hand he is saying he will pay it back no problem which indicates to me he has the money to cough up if need be and on the other hand he is happily taking the handout from a country he doesnt live in to feed his family.

And you know what? I dont give a shit if he cant afford to feed his family in India, he shouldnt be taking this money.:frown:

How many migrant families struggle to get by on what they earn and they live here and work, raise their families but for whatever reason they find things tough but do things by the book.

500 takeaways :lol::thumbup:

I know:frown:

I bet he uses it to buy his diwali lights:sneaky:

Cheetah7 Aug 24th 2010 9:33 am

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 8798960)
I know:frown:

I bet he uses it to buy his diwali lights:sneaky:

<snort>:rofl:

I just dont see how $100 can mean that much to him - he doesnt want to live here but happily takes the money, he is supposedly skilled in his area and earning in India.

I wonder how many others do that?

Can I just say that I am having sweet and sour pork for my tea tonight.

sonlymewalter Aug 24th 2010 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 8798966)

I just dont see how $100 can mean that much to him - he doesnt want to live here but happily takes the money, he is supposedly skilled in his area and earning in India.

$100 is lot in India, especially if you go back with no job;)

Put some pork on your fork and enjoy mate:thumbup:

Cheetah7 Aug 24th 2010 9:40 am

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 8798972)
$100 is lot in India, especially if you go back with no job;)

Put some pork on your fork and enjoy mate:thumbup:

But he has a job and it isnt his money and I hope he gets caught for it and I think he has money as he said he will pay it back if they ask.

Mr PP made me my food and I am warming it up in the microwave, you can have some - there is plenty, I shall serve you some in a sec with a cold beer.

TiddlyPom Aug 24th 2010 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 8798966)

I checked how much it would mean to him.

$100 AU is worth 4,157.032 Indian rupees.

If you go here, you'll see the average cost of living in India and then you'll see why it means so much! :rofl:

Cheetah7 Aug 24th 2010 9:49 am

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom (Post 8798983)

If you go here, you'll see the average cost of living in India and then you'll see why it means so much! :rofl:

Perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt, he may be an honest person and on the phone to Centrelink or emailed them telling them that he no longer lives in Australia so could they stop his money please.:o

:ohmy:

sonlymewalter Aug 24th 2010 9:50 am

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom (Post 8798983)

He could buy the country:eek:

man_called_Horse Aug 24th 2010 9:54 am

This guy was a November 2008 applicant same as myself, he posted in the November '08 applicants thread nearly every single post was 'when will we get visa' now I can see his excitement... to come and rip the rest of us off.

No wonder these guys are copping a hiding in Melbourne.... ripping the country off.

sonlymewalter Aug 24th 2010 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 8798995)
Perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt, he may be an honest person and on the phone to Centrelink or emailed them telling them that he no longer lives in Australia so could they stop his money please.:o

:ohmy:

Exactly, he is probably saving up to bring his whole family over:wub:

Bondi beach or Ganges? :unsure:

Can't surf on the Ganges mate:lol: