Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you think they will ever find Maddie?

Do you think they will ever find Maddie?

Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:35 am
Banned

hippsterdip is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do you think they will ever find Maddie?

Originally Posted by KarmaLiber
My eyes are open. I think the Portuguese Police are perverse and antiquated.

mmmm..............good thing that portugal has a crime rate about a fifth of the Uk's (prorated)
mmmm............funny that.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough

please dnt jump down my throat again hipster/but you need to look at all the facts,i dont want to say whats right or wrong im no lawyer!!
i do however work in the medical field myself and its not that easy helping yourself to medication..nor have i ever felt the need to do so b4 you say anything..
This case is very sad as a mum i can only imagine what the mccanns are going through...and if i am wrong(they are guilty) then hey i dont think i am "NAIVE" i think i am a great believer ther is 2 sides to every story.
god be with them at this stressful time
shaz
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:04 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't let hippsterdip get to you, he is trying to wind people up. I have just banned him. He is a previously banned member who has already been banned under the following usernames:
Hippy-Dippy
Brewerboy1
hillbillie
Blewerboy1 and h
harringtongirl
rustytrombone
rustyboy
rustiboy
Izzybelely
issebelely
hippsterdip
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:05 am
Still Learning

KarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hippsterdip
mmmm..............good thing that portugal has a crime rate about a fifth of the Uk's (prorated)
mmmm............funny that.
Mmmm -what is funny is your attitude..quoting stats.,,, to booster your comments.

You are not a lawyer, stop pretending.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:07 am
Still Learning

KarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sue
Please don't let hippsterdip get to you, he is trying to wind people up. I have just banned him. He is a previously banned member who has already been banned under the following usernames:
Hippy-Dippy
Brewerboy1
hillbillie
Blewerboy1 and h
harringtongirl
rustytrombone
rustyboy
rustiboy
Izzybelely
issebelely
hippsterdip
Thanks for that - it explains the bad attitude
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

A lawyer that can't even spell Birmingham
Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:45 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6983604.stm

I don't think the McCanns did it but obviously the Portugese police do.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

There's really no way for any of us on here to know what has happened, is there?
It's natural to assume that the parents would not hurt their children, but it would be naive to believe that no parent would ever harm their child. There have also been cases in the past which have had a lot of media coverage and gone of for ages, and then an early witness turns out to be the perpetrator - Holly & Jessica, for example, and the school caretaker in that case. Equally there have been cases where parents have been found guilty of infanticide and then cleared of all charges later on - like that poor woman whose name escapes me who was put in prison for murdering her baby, on the basis of spurious evidence which was later refuted.
Given the amount of media coverage internationally, I'm sure the police involved will be following every lead and operating as effectively as they are able. They know they are on show with this, they can't afford to mess it up and why would they want to?

Last edited by esperanza; Sep 8th 2007 at 7:12 am.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Bearing in mind that absolutely no one on this forum has the vaguest idea of what exactly has happened and who did the deed, why do so many of you still argue and discuss continually? I honestly don't see why you all put yourselves through it. Yes I know it's a discussion forum but to my mind discussion should be based on facts not heresay or make believe.

I just don't see that it helps anyone, least of all Maddie (dead or alive).
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:45 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Bearing in mind that absolutely no one on this forum has the vaguest idea of what exactly has happened and who did the deed, why do so many of you still argue and discuss continually? I honestly don't see why you all put yourselves through it. Yes I know it's a discussion forum but to my mind discussion should be based on facts not heresay or make believe.

I just don't see that it helps anyone, least of all Maddie (dead or alive).
Because thats the human condition. It is a very emotive subject and all over the world news. Why shouldnt we? I enjoy current affairs and keeping up with world events and news and i also love to discuss the issues involved in the subjects. Isnt that how people learn? This particular subject hits right at the core of most peoples fears for their children. If all discussion was soley based on fact, new ideas would be short on the ground.
I find it laughable (especially on here) to suggest discussion should only be based on fact when a large percentage of discussions on here are based on peoples opinions.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Because thats the human condition. It is a very emotive subject and all over the world news. Why shouldnt we? I enjoy current affairs and keeping up with world events and news and i also love to discuss the issues involved in the subjects. Isnt that how people learn? This particular subject hits right at the core of most peoples fears for their children. If all discussion was soley based on fact, new ideas would be short on the ground.
I find it laughable (especially on here) to suggest discussion should only be based on fact when a large percentage of discussions on here are based on peoples opinions.
I know where you're coming from but in this particular incident, no one knows anything so I can't see that it helps anyone, including you, to go round and round the houses surmising about an unknown. Personally, specifically because it's such an emotive subject is even more reason not to speculate but I guess we're all different. This particular subject is nothing to do with keeping abreast of world events or current affairs, I think (and you obviously don't) that all anyone not in the know is doing is salicious gossip and I find that unpleasant.

I hadn't read this thread since just after it started. I wish I hadn't picked it up again. I will certainly not bother coming back to it. It's not going to teach me anything.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=moneypen20;5287621]

I hadn't read this thread since just after it started. I wish I hadn't picked it up again.

- my thoughts aswell, I looked back in to see if there was anything that I had missed from the news reports and am sadly dissappointed with the attitudes that are appearing.
S xx
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:13 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hippsterdip
No more peverse than the Portugese police, luv!
Actually two things, I am a lawyer by profession and my strongest gut instinct tells me the mother did it.
I have been hearing stories of doctors using stuff from the hospitals they work in for years.
Look I understand my opinion might not be the same as yours but open your eyes-perhaps I am right.
Oh a Lawyer that explains everything, well while we're throwing silly accusations about where were you when Maddie went missing? Where have you been since?

The truth will hopefully come out eventually and I hope whoever took her or if they have hurt I hope they suffer in the worst possible way for it.

As for you until there's rock solid eveidence your sounding a bit like paranoid dillusioned .............. Laywer lol
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:16 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
Hippy-Dippy
Brewerboy1
hillbillie
Blewerboy1 and h
harringtongirl
rustytrombone
rustyboy
rustiboy
Izzybelely
issebelely
hippsterdip
Oops sorry didn't see this bit. Well this explains everything. Well with those names seems liek he has alot of issues of his own so prob just aswell he's been banned lol
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:27 am
G'Day!

FlyingLawyer is on a distinguished road

My eyes are open. I think the Portuguese Police are perverse and antiquated.
Do you want me to start writing about the excellent English justice system?

Before expressing criticism of, or pointing out perceived flaws about other countries legal system people should look closer to home when formulating opinions/comments, we are not much better!

The Law is a complicated field, and to a certain extent I can understand that people are generally suspicious of things that they do not understand.

Regards, and no I am not hipp... Sue can confirm that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.