Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you think they will ever find Maddie?

Do you think they will ever find Maddie?

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you think they will ever find Maddie?

Originally Posted by maggy
My god what an awful thing for poor Maddie and her parents as a mother of 2 kids whom I refer to as my babies 17 and 18 years of age it does not bear to think about what could have happened.

I totally agree if its a peadophile cut the bastards balls off.

I am not what you would call a do gooder so please dont judge me on my next comment and by no means am I saying that if it has been a sick bastard that abducted Maddie that we need to show him mercy.

I worked in the UK for a very high profile child protection service ( residential care ) for 10 years and it broke my heart that I was counselling and parenting children from the ages of 4 years to 18 years of age.

These kids had been sexually,physically and emotionally abused.

I would finish my shift and go home and cry.

I would look at my kids who were infants at the time and think oh my god if any bastard touched them I would kill them.

It was a very difficult job not just in the fact that I was protecting these kids and counselling them but also in the fact that I also had to do family work with the people who abused them MUM and DAD family members, neighbours.

My god how hard it was when I really wanted to bloody strangle the bastards.

What was hard to comprehend was the fact that these poor innocent kids who had their childhoods robbed from them through the people they trusted most eventually forgave them.

I still keep in touch with a few of these kids whom are now mothers and fathers themselves and are great parents but sadly there have been many that I have worked with and counselled that have either committed suicide because they blame themselves for the abuse ( Its bloody heart breaking especially when you have heard their heartbreaking stories and held them whilst they have cried in your arm during the night, whilst promising to always be there for them).

Then I have also dealt with one child in particular a 5 year old who was close to committing a Jamie Bulger senario.

A beautiful but very disturbed wee kid who had been very badly abused.

its so sad and I am not making excuses for anyone because if you abuse, abduct, assault a chiild/Adult then you have to face the consequences and its a very sick person in need of help.

I dont think this post will make much sense as its an emotional subject.

I know if it was my child I would want to kill.

I will continue to pray for poor Maddies safe return to her mum and dad and if we keep posting threads on ex pats about Maddie then we will not forget.

God bless her and pray for a safe return.
Oh Maggy, what a terribly tough job for you. My cousin works as a Forensic Psychiatric Nurse (that's right isn't it? With children?) and the stories she has told are often just so horrific. Dreadful that this happens in the world, but thank goodness there are people prepared to care for them.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knoydart
The people that have her will have gone to ground and will not surface for long time so I dont think they will ever get her back.

I heard on the radio coming to work this morning that some senior police officer thinks that peedophiles would be better cared for in the community and not jail.
Its about time we got real with these ba***ds and gave them some proper Justice.What went wrong with the system that thinks we should show any sympathy at the expense of our children I say eliminate the risk to zero and what ever that takes do it.

If no one wants the job I'll do it.

Frank.
You'll need to get behind me in the queue Frank. I would torture them first before killing them:curse:
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

scatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by M J
Can you just imagine never seeing youre child again and not knowing what happened to them, whether they are alive or not, happy or not? I think its just horrifying to even contemplate. I look at my little one and see how small and trusting he is. Its terrible. Sadly in my job i see all sorts and its awful to see what people will do. The people who have taken her can easily change her identity, change her hair colour, cut it, fake I D's etc. Unfortunately the longer she is missing the less the population will look for her. Look at poor Ben Needham.
I too can only prey that she will be found and returned to her family ... and if not, that she is alive and well and with someone who was just desperate for a child and that she will be looked after and loved.
M J

How true and reading your post brings tears to my eyes, this is just so sad and beggars belief that some one could even contemplate doiubg this, I hoped she just wondered off to find parents and got lost
Old Jun 13th 2007, 11:33 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/2007061...e-a7ad41d.html
Old Jun 13th 2007, 11:34 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Oh My God. Words fail me. I don't even know what to type.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:27 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:48 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to find TV news coverage of this but none of the TV channels here have said anything as yet. I am tuned into Sky News UK but they havent said a thing about it.

I am praying it is a hoax
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:54 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I can't find any coverage of it either.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:11 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

this is the Dutch Article (for anyone who can read Dutch)
http://www.dag.nl/Nieuws/Artikelpagina-Nieuws.htm?c

Basically this is what is said about it in addition to UK article.

I just checked the article in 'De Telegraaf' and it says that
the letter was handed over to the police in Amsterdam. They already handed it over to the authorities in Portugal. The Amsterdam Police received the letter on Tuesday and did forensically check it, like looking for fingerprints.
I'm sorry but this is all it says. It's terrible.

Miranda
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:55 pm
skye

On BBC News UK website.,,,,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6749131.stm

Old Jun 13th 2007, 4:44 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skye
On BBC News UK website.,,,,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6749131.stm
Oooh no. I really hope it turns out to be a hoax
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

I get the imression that the letter has come from a psychic/medium rather than a hoaxer. I really hope it doesn't amount to anything but if she isn't alive and it enables her parents to find her at least they would know. The not knowing must be terrible. If they do find her from this letter at least they could take her home and lay her to rest.

Jules
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:52 pm
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by jules29
I really hope it doesn't amount to anything but if she isn't alive and it enables her parents to find her at least they would know. The not knowing must be terrible. If they do find her from this letter at least they could take her home and lay her to rest.

Jules
Yes I agree the not knowing must be awful.
If she is found dead at least they can grieve.
For now though they have to believe she is alive and being looked after. Anything else is too awful to contemplate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.