Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you think they will ever find Maddie?

Do you think they will ever find Maddie?

Old Jun 13th 2007, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

allthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to all
Default Re: Do you think they will ever find Maddie?

I think that the longer this all goes on then the less likely they will be to be able to find her. My heart goes out to the family and I just can't imagine what it must be like. I look at my little ones and hold them that bit closer and thank god it wasn't us. The not knowing must be the worst. It breaks my heart to think about it and I hate the way the world has become. Not much good as a post, but it is so difficult to put into words how I feel about this without having to think too deeply about it if you know what I mean.

Jacky xx
Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

maccy124 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope and pray that the little girl is ok. But now after all this time i can't see a positive outcome, i think it is so sad that she may have been taken by a paedophile, killed or abused. I just hope that she has been stolen by a family that don't have children of their own. I still pray she will be found wherever she is, in order to give the family closure on this horrible event.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Madeleine 'sightings' in Malta. I hope some good news comes from this
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/2007062...d-dba1618.html

Leigh
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:19 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
Madeleine 'sightings' in Malta. I hope some good news comes from this
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/2007062...d-dba1618.html

Leigh
I saw that on the news this morning too. I really hope it comes good.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:36 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she is found soon, and alive, but I fear she may already have passed on from this world Even if this is the case, finding her remains would help the parents accept the permanence of their loss.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:42 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just thinking of all those sightings of Ben Needham in Greece over the years...
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:46 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly, i am not sure these sitings will turn out to be correct. Children at that age can look very similar. I imagine there are thousands and thousands of little long haried blonde girls who will look very similar to poor Maddie
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:57 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Sadly, i am not sure these sitings will turn out to be correct. Children at that age can look very similar. I imagine there are thousands and thousands of little long haried blonde girls who will look very similar to poor Maddie
I agree with you but this one just MAY be different, I hope so anyway. The lady who reported the sighting called in to GMTV this morning and said the girl looked like she was wearing a black wig. She was with an arabic looking man and when she fell over, he spoke to her in a broken english accent and all that could be heard was "....get up..." The caller said he didn't speak to her in a way that showed any affection.

I've got this vision in my head for the first time ever today of her Dad at a press conference saying, "we always knew we'd get her back". Lets hope that come true.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:05 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

maybe it is just me, but what I don't understand is if I thought I saw her, I would do something there n then ewven if it meant following them whilst someone went for help...I am pretty certain that if it was at all innocent, then those involved would fully understand once explained to....hey but that's just my opinion..... Ems x
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by smiling4
maybe it is just me, but what I don't understand is if I thought I saw her, I would do something there n then ewven if it meant following them whilst someone went for help...I am pretty certain that if it was at all innocent, then those involved would fully understand once explained to....hey but that's just my opinion..... Ems x

Ems

We were saying the same thing this morning. Would you really just stand, stare and then go and report it to the police station which could be miles away? I'm with you, I'm that hard faced I would actually make an excuse to get closer and check out her distinctive eye. Could never live with myself knowing I could've done something there and then. Each to his own. I pray these sightings will have a positive outcome.

Di x
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:12 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by True Blue Toffee
Ems

We were saying the same thing this morning. Would you really just stand, stare and then go and report it to the police station which could be miles away? I'm with you, I'm that hard faced I would actually make an excuse to get closer and check out her distinctive eye. Could never live with myself knowing I could've done something there and then. Each to his own. I pray these sightings will have a positive outcome.

Di x
Di....my thoughts exactly...could be someone looking for attention, which is really sick, if that's how they go about trying to get their 15 minutes of fame! I do hope that maybe it is a positive sighting, but like you, would not be able to carry on thinking I had not done anything about it there and then.....Ems x
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:49 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Just thought I would jump in here. We have just got back from Portugal, quite close to where they were staying and were very surprised how few the posters etc. were. We saw only 3 altogether, 1 in a garage, 1 on a car and 1 in a shop. You would have thought they would be everywhere. One thing though there seemed to be an awful lot of police around stopping the odd lorries and vans, maybe for Maddie, but if so why didn't they stop everyone.
Our opinion was not much going on there at all, although we looked at every child going past and would definitely have followed them or even snatched her back if it was her.

Nicky
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6251266.stm

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...272677,00.html
Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Fingers crossed the family get some news of her soon - good or bad - it must be awful not knowing
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going to Spain in a few weeks and I will definitely be keeping my eye out for Madeline, however, I really don't think if she is still alive that her captors would be flaunting her out in public whilst the case has been so high profile.

I really feel for the family they need closure, be it good or bad, how they could possibly function for the rest of their lives just wondering, it doesn't bear thinking about

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.