Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you find Australia boring/dull?

Do you find Australia boring/dull?

Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:10 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Do you find Australia boring/dull?

Originally Posted by mono
So you actually think the history is as interesting in Australia? You actually think that the museums and galleries of Aus are of the same standard as those in the UK? You think the countryside of Aus has all the same qualities as the countryside in the UK?

If not, then you have to agree that I have a point.

If you do think that though then you are the uneducated one.
l think the OZ countryside is more interesting then the UK. Theres a greater variety from tropical islands, rainforests, snow capped mountains, green farmland, rolling hills, eucolptsus forests and the outback desert.

Last edited by mohogony; Feb 7th 2010 at 2:15 am.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:17 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by mohogony
l think the OZ countryside is more interesting then the UK. Theres a greater variety from tropical islands, rainforests, snow capped mountains, green farmland, rolling hills, eucolptsus forests and the outback desert.
I'll have to stick around for the reply to this.....

Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:17 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

So you actually think the history is as interesting in Australia? You actually think that the museums and galleries of Aus are of the same standard as those in the UK?.
Actually they are if you want to be academic about it. They portray the essence of "Australian" history. But your point is subjective and not based on view of the learning provided but on conceived impression.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:22 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

So. What do people think of the Australian megafauna?
Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:27 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Not being a fan of it myself, I do actually find it boring...

Much more interesting things about...

Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:40 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mohogony
Where are you from?
Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Some of it is quite intelligent, almost worth buying it a pint to hear its views on life here among the immigrants

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 7th 2010 at 2:50 am.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:50 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Where are you from?
Ambrosia?
Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Ambrosia?
The Land of Rice Pudding?
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The Land of Rice Pudding?
http://www.squidoo.com/billy-liar?ut...=Shawna-Tayler

"Billy doesn't just dream of becoming a movie star or winning the pools. His daydreams are on a far grander scale and he has invented a whole country called Ambrosia. In Ambrosia he can - depending on his mood - be the world's greatest lover, single-handedly save the country from invasion or have his entire family beheaded."

Keith Waterhouse novel

It actually means "food of the gods" from mythology
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

So if you like football, museums, galleries, country walks, history and culture you'll find all of the above in equal measure/quality in Australia, will you?

Idiot.
Any more name calling and this thread will be closed and posting priviledges suspended. It is not necessary and will not be tolerated.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My own personal view? Australia is not boring but these threads sure as hell are.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:22 am
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just point out a key distinction that people have been incorrectly exploiting, please.

I never said ''I am bored''; I have lots of hobbies and interests.

I said ''I find Australia boring'', in that I do not find life here stimulates and interests me. My hobbies are hindered through living in Australia, not aided.

And whoever it is who thinks Aussie museums equal British ones....what the f***???!

Melbourne Museum is okay but is nothing like as interesting as the British Museum or the Imperial War Museum. Nowhere the depth and breadth.

Yet to find an art gallery or exhibition as stimulating as the National Gallery or the National Portrait Gallery either.

Don't where you people have been going to, though I very much suspect that a lot of the most impassioned Aussie lovers are the type of person who'd prefer to go fishing each and every weekend rather than visit a gallery or museum.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:26 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Don't where you people have been going to, though I very much suspect that a lot of the most impassioned Aussie lovers are the type of person who'd prefer to go fishing each and every weekend rather than visit a gallery or museum.
So what if people prefer fishing to going to a museum. Does it make you better than me because you prefer going to a museum. I don't give a monkeys kahunas if someone prefers living in the UK to Australia, what pisses me off beyond belief is that persons assumption they are superior to me because they do. You are in that camp along with the other doomers. We are all different, build a bridge and get over it.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:27 am
Account Closed

Can I just point out a key distinction that people have been incorrectly exploiting, please.

I never said ''I am bored''; I have lots of hobbies and interests.

I said ''I find Australia boring'', in that I do not find life here stimulates and interests me. My hobbies are hindered through living in Australia, not aided.

And whoever it is who thinks Aussie museums equal British ones....what the f***???!

Melbourne Museum is okay but is nothing like as interesting as the British Museum or the Imperial War Museum. Nowhere the depth and breadth.

Yet to find an art gallery or exhibition as stimulating as the National Gallery or the National Portrait Gallery either.

Personally I was never a great fan of museums. To me it seemed like a theft. I am not knocking them, they are essential.
I much preferred to walk around a place such as the Roman Forum or Ephesus and try to imagine and feel the history soak into me.
This of course doesn't bolster the Australia 'argument'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.