Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you find Australia boring/dull?

Do you find Australia boring/dull?

Old Feb 7th 2010, 12:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you find Australia boring/dull?

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Queenslanders and brits are the one and same as far as im concerned.
You won't be wanting a beer later on then
Old Feb 7th 2010, 12:21 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You won't be wanting a beer later on then
Not unless you proclaim yerself as WELSH
Old Feb 7th 2010, 12:21 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BAY

If you do then you must be a boring person ... yawn
See post #44
Old Feb 7th 2010, 12:22 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Not unless you proclaim yerself as WELSH
OK, you can drink with the superior part of me, I'll keep the other bit under wraps
Old Feb 7th 2010, 12:23 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
OK, you can drink with the superior part of me, I'll keep the other bit under wraps
Please do
Old Feb 7th 2010, 12:25 am
Home and Happy

Please do
Old Feb 7th 2010, 1:03 am
Just Joined

chris and tracy is an unknown quantity at this point

No, but I guess it depends where you are and where you came from. We left Poole (mis-sized UK town) for Melbourne and it is definitely much less dull in Australia. That said, in our travels round Aus, the cities are fantastic but the towns all seem to have a kind of outback/frontier feel to them. So it really does depend where you are.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 1:16 am
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Whats your problem mate ? This just shows you up as being an uneducated fool.
So you actually think the history is as interesting in Australia? You actually think that the museums and galleries of Aus are of the same standard as those in the UK? You think the countryside of Aus has all the same qualities as the countryside in the UK?

If not, then you have to agree that I have a point.

If you do think that though then you are the uneducated one.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 1:18 am
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil52
I agree...I got bored in perth and I am not a boring person...
It's the people who get all uppity and stressy and come out with shit like ''you must be boring and stupid if you find Australia dull'' that get me.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 1:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
I'd say that only boring people get bored anywhere
That's a lazy, cliched response that sounds good but doesn't work in reality.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 1:39 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Plenty of new stuff to learn about. Plenty of new things to see.

Nope. Not dull for me.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 1:42 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I am off work and essentially unemployed and have no income. I'm not bored.
Suicidal but not bored
Old Feb 7th 2010, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

What I don't get though, if somebody is bored somewhere surely that person should do one of the following:

Stay where they are and try to do something about it, find interesting places nearby, make new friends to do things with etc.

or

If it really is the place which is dull move somewhere with more happening.

Isn't doing nothing the worst thing which can happen? you won't get the time you spent bored back.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:06 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
See post #44
Sorry couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread. Too boring.

Mono is obviously a troubled , unhappy person, who finds amusement starting threads like this one. He needs help in finding true happiness
Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:06 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by mono
So you actually think the history is as interesting in Australia? You actually think that the museums and galleries of Aus are of the same standard as those in the UK? You think the countryside of Aus has all the same qualities as the countryside in the UK?

If not, then you have to agree that I have a point.

If you do think that though then you are the uneducated one.
When you came here did you really think that Australia had the same museums and galleries as the UK ?

Because a person does not complain about what Australia has or hasn't, does not mean they are saying it is better than the UK.

They just accept that Australia is different to the UK, a little bit like they expected it might be when they came here ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.