Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Did the UK do the right thing in voting to leave the E.U.

View Poll Results: Brexit the aftermath, did the people of the UK vote correctly ?
Yes
40.95%
No
50.48%
Not more bloody navel gazing for gawd sakes !!!
8.57%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Did the UK do the right thing in voting to leave the E.U.

Old Apr 30th 2017, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Did the UK do the right thing in voting to leave the E.U.

My experience prior to leaving the UK was that all the over 65's were patting themselves on the back and all the under 25's were moaning that pensioners had ruined their lives!

Only time will tell, nobody has a clue whether it will be good or bad
Old Apr 30th 2017, 1:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steven9818
My experience prior to leaving the UK was that all the over 65's were patting themselves on the back and all the under 25's were moaning that pensioners had ruined their lives!

Only time will tell, nobody has a clue whether it will be good or bad
Ther under 25s should have taken it more seriously when they had the opportunity to is my take on that. Lowest turnout by age group, blaming everyone else as usual.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Ther under 25s should have taken it more seriously when they had the opportunity to is my take on that. Lowest turnout by age group, blaming everyone else as usual.
Oh yes. A lot of blaming from that group going on.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

If the under 25 truly, really cared for a European future, they should have gotten off their PS4 and Xboxes and gotten out to vote.

This generation worldwide excels and thrives on a misguided sense of self entitlement and thinks the whole world owes them a living.

So sayeth the bitter old fart (i.e. moi) who's way over the hill...
Old Apr 30th 2017, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xizzles
If the under 25 truly, really cared for a European future, they should have gotten off their PS4 and Xboxes and gotten out to vote.

This generation worldwide excels and thrives on a misguided sense of self entitlement and thinks the whole world owes them a living.

I think if the older generation are to blame for anything in all this it's for attempting to cure the younger generation of their entitled ingratitude by making them earn their own freedoms and privileges. Could probably argue that this is bloody minded, but this is one arsehole of a generation coming up haha.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xizzles

Totally agree. If the u25's had bothered to vote we would probably still be in the EU. But they didn't vote and that's the end of it!
Old Apr 30th 2017, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steven9818
Totally agree. If the u25's had bothered to vote we would probably still be in the EU. But they didn't vote and that's the end of it!
Vote is a vote. The leavers were declared winners. What if's, speculation and after thought polls by the BBC mean nothing.

Moving on.

On the bright many of the decisions can be made locally, without the power hungry EU at the helm.