Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Wikiposts

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

SAM_1976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: England v India, who is going to win

Unfortunately, it was anything but a close series. England absolutely annihilated the Indians!!!!

Let's see what the ODI Series holds!!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:31 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAM_1976
Unfortunately, it was anything but a close series. England absolutely annihilated the Indians!!!!

Let's see what the ODI Series holds!!
Should be a little closer, most of the Indians seem unable to get out of Slogaball T20 mode.

It'll be a bit of a laugh now the main event has ended.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 9:19 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Should be a little closer, most of the Indians seem unable to get out of Slogaball T20 mode.

It'll be a bit of a laugh now the main event has ended.
Come on Ireland!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 10:12 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
Come on Ireland!
The team or the England Captain for the day?
Old Aug 31st 2011, 6:32 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The test in Galle is shaping up to be a good one.

Lyon got a wicket with his 1st ball in test cricket - well done that man.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 6:41 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The test in Galle is shaping up to be a good one.

Lyon got a wicket with his 1st ball in test cricket - well done that man.
He'll be dropped for the next Test then, they have to try all the spinners before the year is out ...

Copeland also trundled in for a debut wicket ... SL 54/3 at Lunch ... The very definition of a 'Result Wicket' I'd wager ...
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:14 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

He'll be dropped for the next Test then, they have to try all the spinners before the year is out ...

Copeland also trundled in for a debut wicket ... SL 54/3 at Lunch ... The very definition of a 'Result Wicket' I'd wager ...
Sure, but as Australia are rebuilding, they need to try out new blood and this kind of tour is the time to do it.

Definitely will get a result.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:18 pm
Mostly Harmless

Sure, but as Australia are rebuilding, they need to try out new blood and this kind of tour is the time to do it.

There is trying out new blood and there is being on a permanent spinner transfusion machine.

I guess if anywhere is going to give confidence to a young spinner it will be on a deck that has been turning right-angles from Day 1 ...

Oh, Johnson has a wicket LBW ... Oh no he doesn't ... No ball ... What a shame, what a shame, what a shame ...
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:20 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe there's no commentary on the ABC.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

That's a disgrace.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:24 pm
Mostly Harmless

Wait until they break into the Top 3 Test Nations, you might get an update at the end of play then. Until then, back to the swimmers
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:27 pm
Mostly Harmless

Missing the dulcet sounds of Tony Greig? No? Well, here they are accompanied by some low-def video:

http://www.webcric.com/live-cricket-streaming-7.htm
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:38 pm
Demi-God

Missing the dulcet sounds of Tony Greig? No? Well, here they are accompanied by some low-def video:

http://www.webcric.com/live-cricket-streaming-7.htm
Well found, but I'm afraid I have to let that one through to the keeper. Hate TV cricket, give me radio any day.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:41 pm
Mostly Harmless

Well found, but I'm afraid I have to let that one through to the keeper. Hate TV cricket, give me radio any day.
I'm with you there ... Give me the pictures but radio commentary is the ideal ... In sync preferably.

I'll keep it streaming or I may miss today's 4 byes from Johnson ...
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:49 pm
Demi-God

I'm with you there ... Give me the pictures but radio commentary is the ideal ... In sync preferably.

I'll keep it streaming or I may miss today's 4 byes from Johnson ...
Not really fussed about pictures. They're handy to see the techniques of the players, but after that I'm happy with the radio. Least you can be doing something useful, TV just locks you down to lethargy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.