Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Nov 12th 2013, 9:19 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I saw him knock out the bloke at gully once

I seriously hope this is all bollocks, but the selectors obviously think they see something we don't, so the best we can hope for is that he crumbles and gets pointed and laughed at again.
Pup put in a good word & desperately wanted him in the side. Maybe he has special talents for fixing glass backs.................................look no hands
Old Nov 12th 2013, 10:53 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Fly like cattle, play like donkeys-----let us begin.

May I say before we commence this test next week, no matter what's said all I want is a bloody good series of cricket, obviously I'd like England to win, but to go down fighting is equally as honourable. I'll see anyone who's going at the WACA and SCG, for some good fair sport and a laugh, oh and beer.

You all live in a convict colony, a convict colony, a conv...shit
Go down fighting? Fook that, Eng/SA will win!

Originally Posted by ProudVIC
Mitchell Johnson has been in form in recent times, bowling 150-155km/hr and injuring batsmen.

The English really don't know that much about his ability as a fast bowler because they have only seen him in his worst form.

He was the most brutal fast swing bowler in the world when he started out in international cricket.

I'll never forget the South African series a while back (in South Africa) when he smashed Kallis' helmet grid into his face, sending him off the field with blood streaming off him and then turned Boucher's stumps into kindling in the space of a few balls.

I've also seen enough innings where he has massacred the order and basically won the game himself. Also some brilliant batting performances in amongst it and some ridiculous athletic efforts in the field over the years.

Unfortunately for him and the Australian team, he has developed mental weakness issues for much of his career, but at this stage of his life he is starting to get over it.

I know he is considered a laughing stock in England, and rightly so the way he has performed in Ashes series, but if he gets his old form back, and from all reports he is showing signs of this atm, then it would be pretty foolish to take him lightly.

Hopefully the hot dry weather continues in Perth for the next month or so and we get a return to the famous WACA pitches of old, in which case Johnson will be downright scary to face.
Wise, considered, words but Johnson is mentally flawed and will be a liability.

Too much time in the tat(t)oo parlour and talking to his mum/mother in law and not enough time in the nets.

He is shot, he'll buckle under the slightest pressure and his selection shows the depths of desperation amongst the injury-prone Australian bowling "attack". Powder-puff flat track bullies to a man.

Siddle/Harris try hard but ultimately they are like most Australians ... Big on bravado and chat but woefully short on any kind of subtlety and skill.

Their masters will prevail once again, and no shame in that for they are still learning their natural place in life.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

oasisinau is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully the hot dry weather continues in Perth for the next month or so and we get a return to the famous WACA pitches of old, in which case Johnson will be downright scary to face.

Can't really see this happening, then the game will be over in 3 -4 days and TV will lose too much revenue. I think the pitch will be as flat as and Johnson will probably self destruct......again, along with the rest of the Oz cricket team.

Go England!
Old Nov 12th 2013, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

You all live in a convict colony, a convict colony, a conv...shit
Thankfully you only hear that dribble from the cheap seats.

Hey, did anyone tell you the convicts were English
Old Nov 12th 2013, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Siddle/Harris try hard but ultimately they are like most Australians ... Big on bravado and chat but woefully short on any kind of subtlety and skill.

Their masters will prevail once again, and no shame in that for they are still learning their natural place in life.
Holy smoke, give them a few Ashes and they think they're Hilter. Typical English confidence - up and down like a yoyo

I'll stay true to my word. England for the last Ashes, Oz for this.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 12:02 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I cant see Australia suddenly becoming that much better in the space of a few months and I cant see Johnson doing too much, its all very well being fast but no good if you just spray it all over the place.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

225 years ago Poms used to be sent down under to be flogged. Nowt's changed!

Let's just wait and see what happens eh?
Old Nov 12th 2013, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
Thankfully you only hear that dribble from the cheap seats.

Hey, did anyone tell you the convicts were English
the cheap seats are where it's at man , and the bar.

They WERE English but God punished them for their mid-deeds and made them Australian

Originally Posted by Beoz
Holy smoke, give them a few Ashes and they think they're Hilter. Typical English confidence - up and down like a yoyo

I'll stay true to my word. England for the last Ashes, Oz for this.
I'm sure you'll be taking centre stage if you win, which you won't so nurrr

Originally Posted by chris955
its all very well being fast but no good if you just spray it all over the place.
Have you ever been told this by a woman, or in a medical capacity?

Originally Posted by OzTennis
225 years ago Poms used to be sent down under to be flogged. Nowt's changed!

Let's just wait and see what happens eh?
Good luck may the best team win

ball and chain, ball and chain, we came here with our backpacks, you tour ball and chain
Old Nov 16th 2013, 8:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone going to the Gabba and fancy a meet, beer, water, slap with wet kipper?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=815338

Deadvim you are expected...........

Anyone going please read this link - thats a serious request, they are so anal about their bag restrictions......

http://www.thegabba.com.au/About-Us/...-of-Entry.aspx

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 16th 2013 at 8:03 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 7:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Anyone going please read this link - thats a serious request, they are so anal about their bag restrictions......

wimmin???cricket??? what's going on? has the world gone mad??
Old Nov 18th 2013, 7:53 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

"Lenses with a total-focal strength of greater than 200mm are not permitted into the venue."

Do they have any idea how small that is?

Even on an SLR, that's only 4.5x normal 1:1 type magnification - and your typical compact can do more.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Will see you there.

Old Nov 18th 2013, 6:08 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
"Lenses with a total-focal strength of greater than 200mm are not permitted into the venue."

Do they have any idea how small that is?

Even on an SLR, that's only 4.5x normal 1:1 type magnification - and your typical compact can do more.
Thats ridiculous, a 200mm lens is nothing nowadays. They will be stopping the Mexican wave next.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 7:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

wimmin???cricket??? what's going on? has the world gone mad??
Love my cricket, ever since 1981 when I got pished warching Botham and then fell off the school bus
Old Nov 18th 2013, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well Brisbane is boring according to KP. Can't say I disagree.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226762872291

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.