Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Don't get too excited about the beer sir .pretty sure when the cricket is on only mid and light for sale nowadays in fact pretty sure afl is mid only as well come to think of it unless of course you belong to a corporate group )

A good FULL days cricket would be a bonus

Forecast 2 -1 England
Its alcoholic and will wet the whistle And I guess if its not fuull strength then we might all be awake at the end of the day - even you, Bobby

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yeah, I believe so. We have other plans to visit and get real beer.

Will take a brolly too.
Definitely! Storms are forecast - small chance tomorrow, but much greater chance on the three days after that. They could quite possibly be sudden and strong and contain hail (that's the word we had a work today)
Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:00 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Look, sheet, if I make it into my seat for the first ball of the first Ashes Test it will be a result, seriously.

Previous years have not gone well for a variety of reasons ...

Win toss, bat first, bat well is the way to go ... Or failing the toss thang take a shedload of wickets.

Ah, don't matter, a glorious English victory awaits whatevva.
No excuses accepted, you WILL make it by lunchtime

Old Nov 20th 2013, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
He'll either be unveiled as a genius, or confirmed as a joke, on that we agree. We just disagree on which outcome is most likely

Back on the footy, I just went on the BEx forum in an alternate reality where England won 4-0, and you wrote go figure eh?
Anyone with over 200 test wickets and a test century is not the laughing matter the BA make out; if you weren't worried about him you wouldn't highlight him so much methinks. He bowled well and with serious pace (i.e. averaging over 90 mph) in India. Time will tell how he goes.

So a high profile set of 2 friendlies at Wembley prior to the WC meant nothing and the crowd and the commentators weren't pissed off at England losing? England weren't really missing anyone (Baines for Cole?) and Germany had 4 or 5 1st choice players rested (Lahm, Ozil, Neuer, Muller, Sweinsteiger etc) and were playing away.

Back to back defeats for the 1st time since 1977; it was a poor set of performances and not encouraging for the WC; news that not being top 8 in world means no seeding and a relatively easy passage to knockout phase like previous WC's put a further dampener on things. Funny bit at the end when the German fans sang 'Football's coming home' as a riposte to booing their anthem too.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone figure out the session times? All I can see is it starts 10am Bris time. I guess that's 11 for those who have opened their minds to daylight saving. Or is that 9am? When is lunch and tea?
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Anyone with over 200 test wickets and a test century is not the laughing matter the BA make out; if you weren't worried about him you wouldn't highlight him so much methinks. He bowled well and with serious pace (i.e. averaging over 90 mph) in India. Time will tell how he goes.

So a high profile set of 2 friendlies at Wembley prior to the WC meant nothing and the crowd and the commentators weren't pissed off at England losing? England weren't really missing anyone (Baines for Cole?) and Germany had 4 or 5 1st choice players rested (Lahm, Ozil, Neuer, Muller, Sweinsteiger etc) and were playing away.

Back to back defeats for the 1st time since 1977; it was a poor set of performances and not encouraging for the WC; news that not being top 8 in world means no seeding and a relatively easy passage to knockout phase like previous WC's put a further dampener on things. Funny bit at the end when the German fans sang 'Football's coming home' as a riposte to booing their anthem too.
You misunderstand me, I was saying that had we won you would have said that it was meaningless, ie you take any opportunity to have a dig. This aint a problem, as long as you realise you're obsessed

Speed is no guarantee of directional control, ask richard hammond
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
Can anyone figure out the session times? All I can see is it starts 10am Bris time. I guess that's 11 for those who have opened their minds to daylight saving. Or is that 9am? When is lunch and tea?
Just leave the tv on all day and don't move, sounds like a plan to me
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:31 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No excuses accepted, you WILL make it by lunchtime

I'll be there.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Just leave the tv on all day and don't move, sounds like a plan to me
I'm with clients all day. I'm hoping to sneak out and get the hour in before or after lunch. The question is, when is lunch and how does it relate to the rest of the east coast.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:36 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I'll be there.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:39 pm
Home and Happy

I'm with clients all day. I'm hoping to sneak out and get the hour in before or after lunch. The question is, when is lunch and how does it relate to the rest of the east coast.
Session 1: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: 12:00pm - 12:40pm
Session 2: 12:40pm - 2:40pm
Tea: 2:40pm - 3:00pm
Session 3: 3:00pm - 5:00pm

Apparently! (don't shoot the messneger if they're wrong!!)

Thse are Brsbane times, Queensland time is currently an hour behind the rest of the east coast. (time at present 7.39 here, 8.39 elsewhere)
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Session 1: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: 12:00pm - 12:40pm
Session 2: 12:40pm - 2:40pm
Tea: 2:40pm - 3:00pm
Session 3: 3:00pm - 5:00pm

Apparently! (don't shoot the messneger if they're wrong!!)

Thse are Brsbane times, Queensland time is currently an hour behind the rest of the east coast. (time at present 7.39 here, 8.39 elsewhere)
Thanks Polly. Where did you find that info?
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:27 pm
Home and Happy

Thanks Polly. Where did you find that info?
http://www.sportal.com.au/cricket/th...1189tmm7j3y3w6

random site that came up on google!! Sounds fairly accurate though
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Could do with winning the toss this morning. I assume that whoever wins the toss will bat first I think.

England win the toss and be 150/1 at lunch please......
Old Nov 20th 2013, 10:13 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie aussie aussie !!!!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2013, 10:31 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Aussie aussie aussie !!!!!!!
Out! Out! Out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.