Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Dec 16th 2013, 6:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Sorry, what? This is an alternate reality even bigger than the Twilight Zone. I think you need to get out more and read what the English commentators were all saying before England arrived here.

Better team? Seriously? Try telling that to Botham and everyone else who predicted an epic England victory.
It's what you do, if you can't see that is an actual reality then it's not my problem. 1 bloke predicted 10 - 0, 1, yet you think 65 million said it. Show me a pre-serires prediction in the Aussie press that you were gonna win
Old Dec 16th 2013, 6:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chris955
Exactly, I have Aussies friends saying to me 'well what are you saying now then?' I am saying we werent up to it this time so we will get them back next time. Its a game therefore its important not to make it more than that. Australia won, well done, it was deserved.
I actually don't need you to agree with me to validate my point of view fella, just because it suits your anti-Aus agenda. Our Englishness is the only thing we have in common.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 7:09 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I actually don't need you to agree with me to validate my point of view fella, just because it suits your anti-Aus agenda. Our Englishness is the only thing we have in common.
Not my problem.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 7:27 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

This is like watching bald men fight over a comb.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 7:27 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Originally Posted by OzTennis
See also who soiled opposition - collapses, Clarke, Warner, Johnson, Lehmann, bogans, convicts, superiority of the English support etc.
The Barmy Army is notorious for this, and they've been in fine form with the insults this series. They claim to uphold the spirit of the game, but they refused to applaud Watson's century.

Comments from some Aussies at the WACA today:

Wow.... Barmy Army are really in full voice! I actually just heard a pin drop....on the outfield
pretty tame out here from the soap dodgers, not much cheering going on
And from an England fan:

Think barmy army have been big let down this series
Old Dec 16th 2013, 7:32 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed
Old Dec 16th 2013, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Well I was hoping to be entertained by falling wickets this eve, instead being entertained by some pretty good Stokes batting. Oz losing their discipline here.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Beoz
Well I was hoping to be entertained by falling wickets this eve, instead being entertained by some pretty good Stokes batting. Oz losing their discipline here.
this test is the best yet, there's alot to be said for batting out a draw, but more to be said for having a dig. I'll enjoy Sydney whatever the result but having something to play for is always better bet ya a beer that there's a seagull on the pitch
Old Dec 16th 2013, 8:23 am
Account Closed

ha I'm actually bald lol, bloody mods

The Barmy Army is notorious for this, and they've been in fine form with the insults this series. They claim to uphold the spirit of the game, but they refused to applaud Watson's century.

Comments from some Aussies at the WACA today:

And from an England fan:
comments from one or two people yet you tar us all with the same brush, if that's the way you want it then that's fine, ball and chain, I shagged Matilda, cheating bad sports Aussies blah blah blah

comments from an Aussie fan
we're all thieves and rapists, we even hate ourselves

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Dec 16th 2013 at 8:32 am.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 9:15 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

5 for 251 at stumps. This has not been the Johnson slaughterhouse people predicted. I think we'll struggle to get those last 5.

Stokes has been very impressive.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

What's a comb?
Old Dec 16th 2013, 9:19 am
Account Closed

5 for 251 at stumps. This has not been the Johnson slaughterhouse people predicted. I think we'll struggle to get those last 5.

Stokes has been very impressive.
thanks very much, my tv's broken
Old Dec 16th 2013, 10:37 am
Fighting my corner

I think Haddin's spectacular catch off Root deserves some recognition:

Somebody should email this to Prior.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I think Haddin's spectacular catch off Root deserves some recognition:

http://img.acianetmedia.com/i/dq5a.jpg

Somebody should email this to Prior.
It was. Haddin and Prior are in many ways a barometer of team performance.

What wasn't so clever was Root reviewing. He seemed to get a feather touch in the 1st innings and genuinely didn't know it; this time poor review, maybe he thought he just hit the ground, who knows. Might come back to haunt that lost review; lets face it, England are half way there thanks to some decent fight from 4 or 5 batsmen. All to play for tomorrow, not likely England will survive as 1 wicket and there's not much left. Stokes very impressive, both Adelaide and Perth as well.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 11:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OzTennis
It was. Haddin and Prior are in many ways a barometer of team performance.

What wasn't so clever was Root reviewing. He seemed to get a feather touch in the 1st innings and genuinely didn't know it; this time poor review, maybe he thought he just hit the ground, who knows. Might come back to haunt that lost review; lets face it, England are half way there thanks to some decent fight from 4 or 5 batsmen. All to play for tomorrow, not likely England will survive as 1 wicket and there's not much left. Stokes very impressive, both Adelaide and Perth as well.
YAWNfor gods sake if we lose we lose, if we win kin brilliant this is less interesting than an evening with William Haigue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.