Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Dec 16th 2013, 8:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Originally Posted by OzTennis
No, I'll tell you what's more boring than spending an evening drinking Haig's with Wm Hague:

We are the army, the Barmy Army, we are ...... for hours on end. It spoils the viewing on TV, goodness only knows what it's like to be near it at the ground when trying to watch the cricket.
Oh I say dear boy that's dashed bad form must be awful brushing shoulders with the great unwashed what what. For the most part the army is good for the game, it's meant that the game isn't simply for members like your good self

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Don't worry, it wasn't heard much on Monday. Most of those who didn't leave early were to demoralised to chant.
mate it was 47 degrees there and like being in a wok, we left at 4 and watched the rest in the lucky shag, pretty sure others left for the same reason.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Dec 16th 2013 at 8:53 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair, I did a day at Trent Bridge last series. By 4 o'clock I has to seek shade. I felt like a piece of toast.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 2:12 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

I reckon if we don't take two wickets within the first session—including Stokes'—we are looking at a draw or a loss for Australia.

Stokes is just fantastic, blocking like a champ.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 2:23 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ededed
You clearly don't have the commentary of Slater, Warne or Taylor. 3 more one-eyed, stupid, self-opinionated tw@ts don't exist in the world of commentary. Dreadful. Biased to the point of being racist. Botham may be a chop, but these 3 are in a different league. Arseholes. Thank God for mute, and TMS.
Try ABC radio with Jim Maxwell and Terry Alderman, I reckon that they would be better if they opened both eyes. After 25 years living in Western Australia it is this type of commentary that has encouraged me to support England in Cricket. Don't even get me started on Rugby Union with Gorden Bray and that complete muppet Chris Hendy.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 2:29 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon if we don't take two wickets within the first session—including Stokes'—we are looking at a draw or a loss for Australia.

New ball, new threat
Old Dec 17th 2013, 2:53 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

England need 500. On a pitch that has cracks the size of the gap between Merv Hughes' ears. Seriously? You have to be the most pessimistic Aussie I have ever encountered. Are you sure you aren't a Kiwi?
Old Dec 17th 2013, 3:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

If England win this, it will be the greatest test win - ever
Old Dec 17th 2013, 3:31 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
If England win this, it will be the greatest test win - ever
England $8 for the win, $26 for the draw
Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:00 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Magnificent century from Stokes. This game is slipping away from Australia. Looks like my earlier prediction was on target:

Originally Posted by Evangelion
England have been putting more runs on the board with each innings. 251 is their highest to date. If they can hit that, they can reach 300+ and that means Clarke needs a hefty margin to stay safe.
At this rate even 502 isn't safe. Australia's heading for a terrible upset.

Really disappointed by Johnson, this is supposed to be the one place where he shines. He's taken a couple of wickets and restricted scoring, but it's not even close to what we saw at the Gabba and Adelaide.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:26 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Magnificent century from Stokes. This game is slipping away from Australia. Looks like my earlier prediction was on target:

At this rate even 502 isn't safe. Australia's heading for a terrible upset.

Really disappointed by Johnson, this is supposed to be the one place where he shines. He's taken a couple of wickets and restricted scoring, but it's not even close to what we saw at the Gabba and Adelaide.
Slipping away? 3 wickets left (including an injured Broad) and 170-odd needed?

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?
Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:40 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

This could be the greatest test comeback ever…. wait!
Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:46 am
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

England all out for 353. Australia have won the Ashes.

I'm feeling a little more optimistic now.

Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie win back the Ashes, end of thread, just two dead rubbers in Melbourne and Sydney now.

2 years and we will be back playing another Ashes series.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 5:04 am

England all out for 353. Australia have won the Ashes.

I'm feeling a little more optimistic now.

Jesus.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice
Default Is Australia now united?

Is Australia now united?

The rivalry that unites Australia:

http://www.bandt.com.au/news/adverti...-pm-and-rocker

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/2013/...ites-australia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.