Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Comfortably numb......

Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:37 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Awww thats not on, hows poor Rasen78 going to get warm now, we were relying on you

Still ffffffffffreeezing here. 4oC in the kitchen!! Most restless sleep with the 2 rugrats in the bed with me

Bernie, still holding out for a hero
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:01 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
Still ffffffffffreeezing here. 4oC in the kitchen!! Most restless sleep with the 2 rugrats in the bed with me

Bernie, still holding out for a hero
Rugrats have their uses
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Rugrats have their uses
I always knew they had to be good for something
Old Dec 8th 2010, 6:31 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

I always knew they had to be good for something
good for emptying my bank balance

however, 4cans of Royal Marine in hanging outside window ready for the footie

COME ON YOU GUNNERS

oh and bloody smilies not working for me again
Old Dec 8th 2010, 6:35 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
good for emptying my bank balance

however, 4cans of Royal Marine in hanging outside window ready for the footie

COME ON YOU GUNNERS

oh and bloody smilies not working for me again
The one did in that post - maybe they are just not showing on your screen? I have that issue on the work pc sometimes, something to do with the filter not allowing certain scripts apparently

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 8th 2010 at 6:37 am.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 6:45 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

The one did in that post - maybe they are just not showing on your screen? I have that issue on the work pc sometimes, something to do with the filter not allowing certain scripts apparently
i typed that one in instead of using the pane next to me. also i'm on my own laptop. had the same snag last night, hoped the reboot might cure it but maybe not
Old Dec 8th 2010, 6:46 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Heating now hopefully sorted so I am getting a little more toasty. May take a while to properly thaw out tho
Old Dec 8th 2010, 6:48 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by rasen78
Heating now hopefully sorted so I am getting a little more toasty. May take a while to properly thaw out tho
Old Dec 9th 2010, 6:26 pm
Home and Happy

Rant time....switch off now if not interested.......

There is only one pub within walking distance of my place (17 minutes....anywhere else is at least an hours walk) - it ain't wonderful but it was pretty good, showed the cricket, some football, and has always had a pretty good music video screen playing the whole time. Two bars separated by a wall so the great unwashed of north Brisbane could yell, flirt, scream and do whatever to each other one side while the other side was relatively civilised. Bernie and I have spent many happy hours (and more than a few $$$$) in here.
They have tried recently to get the younger 20s market - we now have two nights with girlies running round in bikinis that are too small and leave nothing to the imagination, screaming blokes on a loudspeaker doing meat raffles with meat that looks well dodgy etc.....
So I come in today and they have removed the music screen, all the fake beams and Irish signs and everything that made it bear any resemblance to a pub rather than a plastic & chrome Aussie pit..........and when I asked what they are doing with the place, my friend behind the bar said she's not sure - except for the fact the wall is coming down and it will be just one huge bar That will be one huge pub then, and absolutely no way of escaping the noise......
Woe betide anyone who crosses me tonight, I have lost my local, seriously not happy.......... :curse:
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:46 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Rant time....switch off now if not interested.......

There is only one pub within walking distance of my place (17 minutes....anywhere else is at least an hours walk) - it ain't wonderful but it was pretty good, showed the cricket, some football, and has always had a pretty good music video screen playing the whole time. Two bars separated by a wall so the great unwashed of north Brisbane could yell, flirt, scream and do whatever to each other one side while the other side was relatively civilised. Bernie and I have spent many happy hours (and more than a few $$$$) in here.
They have tried recently to get the younger 20s market - we now have two nights with girlies running round in bikinis that are too small and leave nothing to the imagination, screaming blokes on a loudspeaker doing meat raffles with meat that looks well dodgy etc.....
So I come in today and they have removed the music screen, all the fake beams and Irish signs and everything that made it bear any resemblance to a pub rather than a plastic & chrome Aussie pit..........and when I asked what they are doing with the place, my friend behind the bar said she's not sure - except for the fact the wall is coming down and it will be just one huge bar That will be one huge pub then, and absolutely no way of escaping the noise......
Woe betide anyone who crosses me tonight, I have lost my local, seriously not happy.......... :curse:
sympathies, a decent local makes wherever you live.

none of the locals near my flat in bath have sky sports so i have to WALK into town to watch footie

perhaps you should change career and start your own pub, decked out the way you like it
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:55 am
Home and Happy

sympathies, a decent local makes wherever you live.

none of the locals near my flat in bath have sky sports so i have to WALK into town to watch footie

perhaps you should change career and start your own pub, decked out the way you like it
Thought about that years ago with my then partner, trouble was we reckoned we'd drink all the stock and be bankrupt in a month
Old Dec 10th 2010, 4:06 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Thought about that years ago with my then partner, trouble was we reckoned we'd drink all the stock and be bankrupt in a month
as you're on your own that should be at least 2 months now

could always employ a manager and just enjoy the atmosphere when off shift at the regular job
Old Dec 10th 2010, 4:10 am
Home and Happy

as you're on your own that should be at least 2 months now

could always employ a manager and just enjoy the atmosphere when off shift at the regular job
I suspect I might find the Barfly popping up from Melbourne for a free holdiay quite often, him and me together should put paid to any profit pretty fast

Guess the manager idea is feasible though, as long as the turnover could support their wages.........
Old Dec 10th 2010, 4:12 am
Shiny Arse Know All

I suspect I might find the Barfly popping up from Melbourne for a free holdiay quite often, him and me together should put paid to any profit pretty fast

Guess the manager idea is feasible though, as long as the turnover could support their wages.........
barfly as manager then, definitely no profit
Old Dec 10th 2010, 4:28 am
Home and Happy

barfly as manager then, definitely no profit
Would make for an interesting life! Definitely no profit, but i reckon we'd have great fun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.