Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Comfortably numb......

Old Apr 13th 2011, 3:16 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by GingerDom
SO how did you get out there? Family? Work? Married a "Bruce"?

I am desperate to get out there, but don't qualify through the Skills list
My OH skills were on the skilled list at the time of applying. So we came out on a 136 visa. We started applying in March 2006 and got the visa in October 2006.

I still have all the paperwork from it, it takes up two lever arch files!

Best thing I ever did was join this site. The information I gathered was invaluable and I don't know if we would have got the visa if it weren't for BE.

I think the skills list has changed quite dramatically since we got our visa, though. So I'm not sure if his skill would still be on there (he was a ceiling fixer).
Old Apr 14th 2011, 4:57 am
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You haven't missed a meet, never fear - I would love to get to Nottingham and meet up with Rasen and Sailor, but I can't see it happening on this trip! Few family-type things to sort out, need to see how things go .....

You got it baby!!!

Its hard to explain, but I know in my heart now after nearly 8 years - I land at Heathrow and I have tears in my eyes, cos I'm home Going back, I land at Brisbane and its...."how long this time, when can I leave!"

I guess it is something I can't understand. I mean I am just so desperate to get to Oz. Yes I have a reason, what with my Sister being over there, but I have lost confidence and faith in this country and it is just too difficult for a single Guy to get on the Property ladder and to earn a decent wage.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 4:58 am

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
My OH skills were on the skilled list at the time of applying. So we came out on a 136 visa. We started applying in March 2006 and got the visa in October 2006.

I still have all the paperwork from it, it takes up two lever arch files!

Best thing I ever did was join this site. The information I gathered was invaluable and I don't know if we would have got the visa if it weren't for BE.

I think the skills list has changed quite dramatically since we got our visa, though. So I'm not sure if his skill would still be on there (he was a ceiling fixer).

Hurrah for BE then?
Old Apr 14th 2011, 5:14 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

You haven't missed a meet, never fear - I would love to get to Nottingham and meet up with Rasen and Sailor, but I can't see it happening on this trip! Few family-type things to sort out, need to see how things go .....

You got it baby!!!
Aw it would be lovely to meet you too Polly. We will definintely need to sort something out for next time Or maybe we can take a slight detour if we manage a recce/validation trip
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:17 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

You got it baby!!!

Its hard to explain, but I know in my heart now after nearly 8 years - I land at Heathrow and I have tears in my eyes, cos I'm home Going back, I land at Brisbane and its...."how long this time, when can I leave!"

I'd take fog over pollen and err.. other emissions..
Old Apr 14th 2011, 6:38 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
I'd take fog over pollen and err.. other emissions..
have a curry last night then

mut have been nuclear strength
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:41 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
have a curry last night then

mut have been nuclear strength
Not curry but the early starts does for my guts - my fellow commuters this morning must have felt they were on the way to Auschwitz...and not cos of the crushedness
Old Apr 14th 2011, 9:20 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
Not curry but the early starts does for my guts - my fellow commuters this morning must have felt they were on the way to Auschwitz...and not cos of the crushedness
right boilers been serviced so off to get some new trainers. Apparently lardy arsed matelots running on treadmills mean the old ones need replacing
still have next week off
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:41 am

right boilers been serviced so off to get some new trainers. Apparently lardy arsed matelots running on treadmills mean the old ones need replacing
still have next week off
Howdy Doody Doo Everyone
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:47 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Originally Posted by GingerDom
Howdy Doody Doo Everyone
G'day, kids in bed, chilli brewing, Fosters at the ready, weeks leave
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:56 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Presume the wicked witch is in the pub watching the Forrest game, 1-0 up already
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Presume the wicked witch is in the pub watching the Forrest game, 1-0 up already
No, I'm with the family this week so I'm listening on the laptop with a cup of coffee First goal was like a dream, but we've fallen apart since then 2-1 down at HT
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:52 am
Shiny Arse Know All

No, I'm with the family this week so I'm listening on the laptop with a cup of coffee First goal was like a dream, but we've fallen apart since then 2-1 down at HT
just eaten a mound of chilli wraps

can't see Forrest coming back as they can't score away from home
Old Apr 15th 2011, 8:05 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

just eaten a mound of chilli wraps

can't see Forrest coming back as they can't score away from home
I know, if we'd kept that lead we'd have been OK but I doubt very much we'll come back now.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 8:58 am
Home and Happy

I know, if we'd kept that lead we'd have been OK but I doubt very much we'll come back now.
As predicted
Now crying into me cider, reckon thats goodbye to any chance of the playoffs, but I shall channel the rest of this weekend's energy into three little words :Come on Watford"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.