Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Comfortably numb......

Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Well educated by my british masters
How about your British mistresses? Didn't they teach you anything
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:20 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Well educated by my british masters
That doesn't make sense!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:27 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well my intrepid chipmunk has braved our new office environemnt with me, we are sat in a room the size of Mission Control at NASA, fully fitted out with impersonal glass and chrome and its horrible

Good point appeared to be the tv screen on the wall facing the desk...but apparently we don't have the sports package on Foxtel any longer so that's stuffed that up unless someone can do some fast talking with the boss
Bad points are - the desk is too small, the chair is uncomfortable and so long you have to sit with your knees up to your neck! The pc screens are wide but not not very tall so its a very strange view, not even close to being square The lights turn themselves off after 10 minutes unless you keep walking around; once they go off you have to walk down a step and across the room to reactivate them.....guess who will be first to FALL down the step in the dark forgetting its there - even the light above the desk goes off and you have to walk across the room to reactivate it! We are too far from the kitchen to access it during a night shift and there's nowhere to keep any coffee of food even if we wanted to

And its SPOOKY. Bad feeling about the place; talking to one of the Facilities guys the other night he told me that before this place was built it was an old rubbish dump, the kind of place where the undesirables of Brisbane dumped bodies they wanted to get rid of in a hurry Guess that explains the "nasty ghost" who inhabits the old building, and may well explain the presence of some very evil vibes in this new one......

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 27th 2011 at 11:29 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:31 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
That doesn't make sense!
Don't worry mate i stumped em,i left school thick as shit
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:31 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well my intrepid chipmunk has braved our new office environemnt with me, we are sat in a room the size of Mission Control at NASA, fully fitted out with impersonal glass and chrome and its horrible

Good point appeared to be the tv screen on the wall facing the desk...but apparently we don't have the sports package on Foxtel any longer so that's stuffed that up unless someone can do some fast talking with the boss
Bad points are - the desk is too small, the chair is uncomfortable and so long you have to sit with your knees up to your neck! The pc screens are wide but not not very tall so its a very strange view, not even close to being square The lights turn themselves off after 10 minutes unless you keep walking around; once they go off you have to walk down a step and across the room to reactivate them.....guess who will be first to FALL down the step in the dark forgetting its there - even the light above the desk goes off and you have to walk across the room to reactivate it! We are too far from the kitchen to access it during a night shift and there's nowhere to keep any coffee of food even if we wanted to

And its SPOOKY. Bad feeling about the place; talking to one of the Facilities guys the other night he told me that before this place was built it was an old rubbish dump, the kind of place where the undesirables of Brisbane dumped bodies they wanted to get rid of in a hurry Guess that explains the "nasty ghost" who inhabits the old building, and may well explain the presence of some very evil vibes in this new one......
sounds like you need someone to Risk Assess the place, I'm available for a suitable fee

no sports sounds like sour grapes post Ashes to me !
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:35 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry mate i stumped em,i left school thick as shit
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:58 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
sounds like you need someone to Risk Assess the place, I'm available for a suitable fee

no sports sounds like sour grapes post Ashes to me !
You could be right there! We are going to open negotiations by telling the Firies next door that there is no more sport....that should cause a strike and a quick rectification of the issue
Definitely need risk assessments! I'm currently typing with only the light of the monitor as ALL the lights have gone out including the desk spotlights Also the "easily adjusted monitors" seem to need three screwdrivers and some brute force applied in order to move them up and down.....the way we use them that should shorten their life by several years
Old Feb 28th 2011, 12:03 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

You could be right there! We are going to open negotiations by telling the Firies next door that there is no more sport....that should cause a strike and a quick rectification of the issue
Definitely need risk assessments! I'm currently typing with only the light of the monitor as ALL the lights have gone out including the desk spotlights Also the "easily adjusted monitors" seem to need three screwdrivers and some brute force applied in order to move them up and down.....the way we use them that should shorten their life by several years
buggered if I'm going all the way to Oz to cover for a loafing firemans strike surely they can pay for it with their second jobs, or is that just our lot
Old Feb 28th 2011, 12:11 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
buggered if I'm going all the way to Oz to cover for a loafing firemans strike surely they can pay for it with their second jobs, or is that just our lot
Ah we know from past experience that if the Firies want better TV packages, they get them (they have more money than us) - then we pigging back off their systems

Really don't like this room though, it has some real shivery vibes in places back to my old lair for a while methinks.......
Old Feb 28th 2011, 3:36 am
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Ah we know from past experience that if the Firies want better TV packages, they get them (they have more money than us) - then we pigging back off their systems

Really don't like this room though, it has some real shivery vibes in places back to my old lair for a while methinks.......
Howdy Gang
Old Feb 28th 2011, 3:49 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by GingerDom
Howdy Gang
Morning

Hows tricks?
Old Feb 28th 2011, 3:54 am

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Morning

Hows tricks?

Hey Polly

I am good taa. How's you?
Old Feb 28th 2011, 3:58 am
Home and Happy

Hey Polly

I am good taa. How's you?
Oooh not so bad, currently working from two offices which is at least giving me plenty of exercise overnight trailing round corridors in the dark!
Counting down to four days of good fun with my bestest ever pal, follwoed by three weeks of bliss and shopping on the chilly side of the world. But we've time for a couple of cyclones before that
Old Feb 28th 2011, 4:26 am

Oooh not so bad, currently working from two offices which is at least giving me plenty of exercise overnight trailing round corridors in the dark!
Counting down to four days of good fun with my bestest ever pal, follwoed by three weeks of bliss and shopping on the chilly side of the world. But we've time for a couple of cyclones before that

Blimey what is it that you do?? Professional Ghostings? he he

Oooooooooooo shopping? For what may I ask?
Old Feb 28th 2011, 4:59 am
Home and Happy

Blimey what is it that you do?? Professional Ghostings? he he

Oooooooooooo shopping? For what may I ask?
Naaa, disaster (mis)management We are supposed to be testing all the equipment in a new office but everytime I try and do something it fails so I have to trail back to the old one!

Shopping? For anything I can lay my hands on! Food mostly, especially crisps and twiglets, decent cider, and new clothes, shopping here isn't with the effort so I pack it all into a very short time over there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.