Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Comfortably numb......

Old Feb 8th 2011, 12:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Fairly easily last night. Damn possum woke me up!
Twasn't my little tribe, they were all out on the back porch nibbling apples and chattering to each other
Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:31 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Twasn't my little tribe, they were all out on the back porch nibbling apples and chattering to each other
They'd be better applying for the vacant morning slot at TALKsport - oops, too late - Keys & Gray have just landed the gig!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...gray-talksport
Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:41 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
They'd be better applying for the vacant morning slot at TALKsport - oops, too late - Keys & Gray have just landed the gig!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...gray-talksport
You are JOKING The possoms should've gone for it, they talk far more sense
Old Feb 9th 2011, 4:38 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV Questions and Answers

Threads merged - numerous small threads, all with very similar questions; merging them saves "those ïn the know" answering the same questions repeatedly
So i got my PR mmmmmmmm say,january 2012 and then went back to the uk for say mmmmm nearly 5 years BUT left my boardies sunnies thongs and a few pairs of underpants,a few condoms at a mates place,would that show enough committment to returning to Australia,oh and promised to eat a lot of twisties and drink piss weak beer in covent garden walkabout

Please help as im now very confused and disorientated.

Thankiy u dear,Bernie mustafa beer ami alki.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 4:45 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
So i got my PR mmmmmmmm say,january 2012 and then went back to the uk for say mmmmm nearly 5 years BUT left my boardies sunnies thongs and a few pairs of underpants,a few condoms at a mates place,would that show enough committment to returning to Australia,oh and promised to eat a lot of twisties and drink piss weak beer in covent garden walkabout

Please help as im now very confused and disorientated.

Thankiy u dear,Bernie mustafa beer ami alki.
Might have more luck promising to drink piss weak beer in Fortitude Valley, but its a start!

Unfortunately stashing your precious possessions at a mate's place won't in itself get you a RRV, maintaining a bank acocunt (with money in) should help, and filing tax returns during your absence. As long as you are back in Aus as a resident by the end of the 5 years, so before Jan 2017, you can then stay for the rest of your life.
You will only have an issue if you want to leave again, and THEN you will have to show that you are now committed to living here - job, somewhere to live, wife and kids etc. Then you either need to meet the requirements for citizenship or get a RRV. If you've not been back long, maybe only 6 months or so, DIAC may only grant you a 3 month RRV on that occasion.

And NOW I know whats in those boxes in my spare room

See you in the pub in 40 days Mr Bernie mustafa beer ami alki
Old Feb 9th 2011, 4:50 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Might have more luck promising to drink piss weak beer in Fortitude Valley, but its a start!

Unfortunately stashing your precious possessions at a mate's place won't in itself get you a RRV, maintaining a bank acocunt (with money in) should help, and filing tax returns during your absence. As long as you are back in Aus as a resident by the end of the 5 years, so before Jan 2017, you can then stay for the rest of your life.
You will only have an issue if you want to leave again, and THEN you will have to show that you are now committed to living here - job, somewhere to live, wife and kids etc. Then you either need to meet the requirements for citizenship or get a RRV. If you've not been back long, maybe only 6 months or so, DIAC may only grant you a 3 month RRV on that occasion.

And NOW I know whats in those boxes in my spare room

See you in the pub in 40 days Mr Bernie mustafa beer ami alki
I will take that as a yes,oh thank you,you are so nice,you give inspirattion where once there was a curry belly.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 5:00 am
Home and Happy

I will take that as a yes,oh thank you,you are so nice,you give inspirattion where once there was a curry belly.
Yes, you can come back and claim yer boardies and thongs as long as you are ion Australia before the date on your visa label. When you get it it will say something like "Multiple entry permitted, must not enter after January 15th 2017". You have to be back in Australia by that date or it expires!
Old Feb 9th 2011, 6:58 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you can come back and claim yer boardies and thongs as long as you are ion Australia before the date on your visa label. When you get it it will say something like "Multiple entry permitted, must not enter after January 15th 2017". You have to be back in Australia by that date or it expires!
so condoms are gone already? :-P Ppl deserv 2 know. Dear.
Mustabin Drinkin
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:14 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by newjersey
so condoms are gone already? :-P Ppl deserv 2 know. Dear.
Mustabin Drinkin
The condoms could still be in the boxes - I'm not unpacking them to check, but the boxes were in the room my dodgy neighbour stayed in for a few nights, he might have pinched them The underpants are for sale on ebay, reckon I can make a killing, specially if his visa expires and he can't get back in to claim them first!!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:04 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

I present the half time footie score COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Comfortably numb......-scoreboard1.jpg  
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:23 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
I present the half time footie score COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!!!!
I know nothing about soccer but why does that picture say full time
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:39 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Drink.

Gobshite.

F eck off.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:40 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Drink.

Gobshite.

F eck off.
Ah darling you have returned.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:42 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Ah darling you have returned.

hic
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:48 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Drink.

Gobshite.

F eck off.
A*rse

Drink

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.