Comfort food?

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfort food?

Originally Posted by alan and sam
oh yes!!!! but with custard not ice cream!!!! lovely on a cold winters night, tucked up infront of tv!!! with a bottle of wine of course!!!

fantastic!!!

or homemade steak pie, fresh veg and home made roast pots!!

home made lasagne, home made curry!!!

gosh i could go on and on and on!!!!
with all that home made food we're coming to yours for Christmas dinner
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 4:05 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
with all that home made food we're coming to yours for Christmas dinner

But you promised that P would cook!!!!

OK all to mine!!!! woohoooo stay the night too! :scared:
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
But you promised that P would cook!!!!

OK all to mine!!!! woohoooo stay the night too! :scared:
Paul says you're all welcome - your mother too !!

Or we could do ours for the afternoon and yours for the evening

Mind you, would help if one of us had somewhere to live :scared:
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 4:09 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

spotted dick for me
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by possoms
spotted dick for me
you feeling better now then ?
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

spotted dick for me

What is spotted dick?
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
What is spotted dick?
a sweet suet pudding with currants and sultanas and then steamed
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
What is spotted dick?

here you go:
http://thefoody.com/pudding/spotteddick.html

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 4:42 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

spotted dick for me
Is that contagious?
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to nominate something my gran used to cook ... jugged hair with redcurrant jelly and mashed potatoes the like you've never known.

I think my dad's side of the family were a bit upper class (but without the money, if that makes sense?) but I never worked that out until I was older. My gran was an incredible cook.
I only had the hare once, but it was the most amazing tasting thing.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 9:38 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
I have to nominate something my gran used to cook ...

My grans home made ravioli, risotto, and any of her pasta dishes (yum yum)
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sme
My grans home made ravioli, risotto, and any of her pasta dishes (yum yum)

Hmmm ... Italiano!

My gran also used to cook bananas with bacon for breakfast... done in the slow cooker. Just delish. Esp with croisants.
I don't believe they were that well off but they did ok, but they always ate well. She was a master creator of devine soups which I guess, being so cheap to create, she kept costs down. Baked her own bread too. There was always a mini loaf waiting for us each when we got there.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 4:59 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Fresh warm croissant with ham and melted cheese
Old Aug 4th 2006, 5:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ransi
Fresh warm croissant with ham and melted cheese

Or just fresh warm croissant and a big latte....
Old Aug 4th 2006, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iPom
Or just fresh warm croissant and a big latte....
and on a slightly different note, according to this weeks First magazine these 5 main meals are at the risk of extinction.

1. Bath chaps -pickled pig's cheeks rolled in breadcrumbs (sounds yuck)
2. Jugged hare - boiled hare served with blood and port sauce
3. Brawn - jellied pig's head
4. Squirrel casserole - squirrel stewed in English cider
5. Bedfordshire clanger - scrag end of mutton or bacon served withkidneys and fruit

can't say i've had any of the above

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.