Cheap specs

Old Jun 3rd 2006, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheap specs

For all you glasses wearers out there, can I suggest checking out this great site? My mate ordered and received a pair last week $29 USD.

www.goggles4u.com

You enter your prescription and head measurements or suchlike, choose your frame, choose the glass coating.

(I promise that I have no links to this business whatsoever!!)
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 9:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap specs

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
For all you glasses wearers out there, can I suggest checking out this great site? My mate ordered and received a pair last week $29 USD.

www.goggles4u.com

You enter your prescription and head measurements or suchlike, choose your frame, choose the glass coating.

I would love to give it a go, but I'm not brave enough
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 9:20 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

www.goggles4u.com

Thanks for that - I'll check them out. Certainly worth a try at that price!!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I would love to give it a go, but I'm not brave enough

I completely understand!

My mate only tried it cos the site was suggested by the consultant opthalmologist to us while we were with him on placement.

I'll need a new eye test first before trying it out.....wear glasses for driving....last test was 5 yrs ago.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Has anyone given these guys a go yet?
Old Sep 7th 2006, 7:03 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Cheap specs

www.goggles4u.com

At that price, it's definitely worth a try.

I'll consider them for my next pair. Thanks.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:02 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Its defo worth a try I just paid $1000 for glasses and shades for the kids and new prescription shade for hubby....and that was getting $500 off FFS
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:49 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

www.goggles4u.com

We were recommended
http://www.netoptical.com.au/catalog/index.php

for contact lenses and there is also that British fella that started his own cheap specs site that sells direct was in daily mail and on TV etc.

http://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/
Old Sep 7th 2006, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

www.goggles4u.com

But they can't test your PD.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 4:13 pm

Question Re: Cheap specs

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
But they can't test your PD.
Sorry for being ignorant but what's your PD?

We are assuming that you have had your prescription done by a reputable optician first then get the gear after.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Sorry for being ignorant but what's your PD?

We are assuming that you have had your prescription done by a reputable optician first then get the gear after.
your PD is your interpupillary distance.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:53 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Cheap specs

We were recommended
http://www.netoptical.com.au/catalog/index.php

for contact lenses and there is also that British fella that started his own cheap specs site that sells direct was in daily mail and on TV etc.

http://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/
That British one looks great!

I love their returns policy:

We know that you'll be delighted with your new glasses. If not we'll give you your money back and punish the person who served you. Or you can save this person from their fate and ask them to help you choose a free replacement pair.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:11 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
That's what worries me. Had some from Dolland and Rubbish years ago and they didn't measure - blinding migraine followed because the lenses weren't set right for the eyes
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
The UK sight does tell you how to do that I do believe. And with the contact lenses you are getting the same prescription as you would have got anyway.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The UK sight does tell you how to do that I do believe. And with the contact lenses you are getting the same prescription as you would have got anyway.

Ditto goggles4u. U get the same product that you would otherwise have, as it is made to exactly the same prescription, same measurements etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.