Cheap specs

Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:26 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap specs

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
www.goggles4U.com

Yes, they seem to come from Pakistan. and yep, they do the transition lenses.
Put my sensible head back on as I've had two coffee's now and woke up so I put it in google and found it. Look reasonable OK in pics. Did you just do a US to AU $ convert to get rough price before ordering? I know it was going to cost about $750 for my son to get new transitions here and can't remember if that was including frame or not.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

mattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nice

You would divide the us dollar by 0.8 that gives you roughly the price in oz dollar. Hope this helps.

Julia.xx
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
I meant to start a thread about eyetests and frame and lens prices over in oz but as yet havent gotten around to it. I intend to get my dentist to do any work needed done before I go and get my eye exam and check all is well with my eyes before I go also as I am not sure whether this is covered under health insurance in Oz or not.
What is everyone else doing? Or should I start another thread?

I got a free eye test a few months ago, just went into the opticians and gave them my medicare card. Obviously depends on the optician as not all do bulk billing
Old Apr 24th 2007, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy
I got a free eye test a few months ago, just went into the opticians and gave them my medicare card. Obviously depends on the optician as not all do bulk billing
My sons was free not sure about me as havn't had one yet.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

mattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nice

If you have a medicare card you are entitled to one free eye test every two years.

Julia.xx
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by mattandjulia
If you have a medicare card you are entitled to one free eye test every two years.

Julia.xx
Every two years okey dokey will keep that in mind.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:17 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting for specs hope I havent been conned lol...how long do they take to arrive?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting for specs hope I havent been conned lol...how long do they take to arrive?
My friend here in Norwich ordered them on a Tuesday and received them the following Monday night.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:41 am

Maybe it's those jam jar bottoms you ordered, they need extra grinding you know.
Old May 1st 2007, 4:55 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Maybe it's those jam jar bottoms you ordered, they need extra grinding you know.
That'll be it! Didn't think of that
I think I may just send them an email....just in case x
Old May 1st 2007, 7:52 am

That'll be it! Didn't think of that
I think I may just send them an email....just in case x
Still not showed, there's always one... .
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:02 am
Here at last!

Originally Posted by annqldau
Still not showed, there's always one... .
I have received my 3 pairs of glasses today and I am very pleased with them.
Only thing is that as you cannot try them on before hand to see if they suit you.....one pair I dont like the frame at all. But it is my fault and I cant send them back if I just dont like them. Still cost around £40 for three pairs they are almost disposable at those prices...not that I would.
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I have received my 3 pairs of glasses today and I am very pleased with them.
Only thing is that as you cannot try them on before hand to see if they suit you.....one pair I dont like the frame at all. But it is my fault and I cant send them back if I just dont like them. Still cost around £40 for three pairs they are almost disposable at those prices...not that I would.
That's wonderful that they have arrived safely. I guess that the pait that you dont like could be kept as a spare in the car?

Old May 2nd 2007, 1:03 am
Here at last!

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
That's wonderful that they have arrived safely. I guess that the pait that you dont like could be kept as a spare in the car?

Yeah thats what I thought. I am hoping to be able to wear my contact lenses more in Oz though to be honest. Not sure how it will go with the heat??
I currently have the moist disposibles! I love them they are so comfy but would I be able to buy them online too? I may just get a contact lense check up next month before I go to make sure they are still ok!
Old May 4th 2007, 12:49 pm

Yeah thats what I thought. I am hoping to be able to wear my contact lenses more in Oz though to be honest. Not sure how it will go with the heat??
I currently have the moist disposibles! I love them they are so comfy but would I be able to buy them online too? I may just get a contact lense check up next month before I go to make sure they are still ok!
I was wearing contacts for short time in UK but seem to be having more problems here with them more hayfever related than heat though I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.