Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia for the World Cup!

Wikiposts

Australia for the World Cup!

Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:30 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia for the World Cup!

i just cant stand why they want u to lose????
i always thought watchin a team of underdogs was the game.
please dont take that the wrong way.
if Oz gets to the next round........anything can happen and i hope it does
Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
We would all be millionaires, if we could predict football results though soapy.

Hmmm maybe not...

Basically I read Wifebeaters comments as him more wanting Aussie to lose, rather than beleiving from my own particular stance that he was incorrect. I honestly felt he was wrong, and the other nights events have proved that.

Lots of English football supporters want Aussie to lose, I take this from the Australian stance as a huge compliment. I think it's based on what they know deepdown, is inevitable.

Having said all of that, I'm not sure how I will feel being a ardent football fan, about my country of choice, beating my country of birth and formation.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:31 pm
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold

Hey least we play fair unlike Australia, dirty sods.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:32 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turtletom
pish !!!!
thats all i have to say
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy
pish !!!!
thats all i have to say
I could do with some pish.....this is all getting very serious on this forum
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:36 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
nah, some people are not clever enough cas lol

im just off to sink a few beers before the next match.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by soapy
nah, some people are not clever enough cas lol

im just off to sink a few beers before the next match.
STAY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE BOY!!!!!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Hi Caz..... yes it is to a small extent.

The reason I reckon soapy, is Football is the last bastion of UK sport, UK people really beleive deep down that this will never change.

The fact that Aussie is the only commonwealth country to ever beat England on its home soil, has rocked their world.

As for Aussie being dirty, horses for courses, We may (aussie hat on now boy this is confusing) well get through to the 2nd round playing "tough football" bit like a together championship team, beating a premiership team and being confident before hand.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

Hi Caz..... yes it is to a small extent.

The reason I reckon soapy, is Football is the last bastion of UK sport, UK people really beleive deep down that this will never change.

The fact that Aussie is the only commonwealth country to ever beat England on its home soil, has rocked their world.

As for Aussie being dirty, horses for courses, We may (aussie hat on now boy this is confusing) well get through to the 2nd round playing "tough football" bit like a together championship team, beating a premiership team and being confident before hand.

suppose I'll have to either put up or shut up

(I'm watching it too...and don't know who to go for....Spain probably!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:04 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by turtletom
Double pish, you got a lot of maturing to do yet young Tom.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:39 am
Account Closed

GO IVORY COAST !!!!!!!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 5:28 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Australia for the World Cup!

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
He's not untouchable. He's just flawed. I've got him sussed now.
Mate, you must have the patience of a bloody saint.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 5:28 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

Make way for Carrick. Lampard had a hell of a lot of passes go astray v T&T, Gerrard's performance I feel was Passable, Crouch worked his nuts off.
It's true; I heard they examined him in the locker room afterwards, and his nuts were nowhere to be found.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 5:30 am
Fighting my corner

Lightbulb Re: Australia for the World Cup!

I'm hoping for a damn good match tonight, and for once I can really support one team. Argies v Serbia and Montenegro. Let the underdogs bite their frigging nuts off.
Well, they went for the bite - but appear to have missed.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 5:33 am
Fighting my corner

Lots of English football supporters want Aussie to lose, I take this from the Australian stance as a huge compliment. I think it's based on what they know deepdown, is inevitable.
Right on the money. We know that we're going to lose at the end of the day, but we also know that we'll put up a good fight and it will make for an exciting few games.

The current "We hope they lose" sentiment is a tremendous compliment, because it actually implies that we're capable of winning.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:30 am
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold

Pish!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.