Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia the cheap and beautiful according to the daily mail

Australia the cheap and beautiful according to the daily mail

Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia the cheap and beautiful according to the daily mail

Originally Posted by spuddyo
And what kind of visa do they have ?
No one knows, it's a secret. They're obviously not BEers, I think I'd remember someone with 12 kids.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spuddyo
And what kind of visa do they have ?
No one seems to know, considering the amount of times this has already been mentioned. Could be a skilled of some kind (all we know is he worked for a paper mill, but not his job), it's also possible (though I don't think it's the case) that one of them has an Australian-born parent.

I had a quick look to see if any other article mentioned about visa, but couldn't find anything - only that the decision to move was made in May 2010 so that might indicate possible visas if it took around 1½-2 years to be granted.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:16 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

More details here on Nigeria news on line: http://uk.onlinenigeria.com/headline...-children.html
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
More details here on Nigeria news on line: http://uk.onlinenigeria.com/headline...-children.html
There are no more details there that I can see, the only difference is that the article vaguely refers to a part of the Australian visa system within the main body rather than in a side box.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just used the estimator on the Family Assistance website, and they could potentially be getting more than $2,000/fortnight if eligible and if one of them is working with an income of around $40,000. A bit more if they rent, but I've presumed they have sold their house and will be buying here.

Must get my wife to push out several more children...
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Have just done a bit of snooping and it seems he came on QLD SS.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Have just done a bit of snooping and it seems he came on QLD SS.
Don't think they ask for any proof of finances or anything, so I guess as long as the kids are all still dependent there's nothing in the rules to prevent it. Never seen anything on the DIAC site limiting the number of childen. Would be interested to hear how they get on though.

Pity they never posted on here, would have been some great threads "What level of income will we need to survive on with 12 kids, and should we ship anything or buy it all new?
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:31 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Don't think they ask for any proof of finances or anything, so I guess as long as the kids are all still dependent there's nothing in the rules to prevent it. Never seen anything on the DIAC site limiting the number of childen. Would be interested to hear how they get on though.

Pity they never posted on here, would have been some great threads "What level of income will we need to survive on with 12 kids, and should we ship anything or buy it all new?
Quite cheap when you consider 14 get a visa for the same price as 1.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 11:23 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Australia the cheap and beautiful according to the daily mail

A family of 14 who refused to claim benefits has turned its back on Britain and flown to Australia in search of a brighter future.
The family also received child tax credits and child benefit of £617 a month.
Well done Daily Mail. Well done.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 11:47 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Quite cheap when you consider 14 get a visa for the same price as 1.
Isn't it just!!! Will cost them a bomb for stuff like schooling though, won't it? Wonder if they factored those little things into the equation?

And as Vash has pointed out, I like the way that child benefit suddenly isn't a "benefit"
Old Apr 11th 2012, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

DM - terrifyingly inaccurate for a change
Really hope it works out for them though - they'll do wonders for the 'one for him, one for her and one for Australia' thing - shoring up some couples who chose not to have any kids
Old Apr 11th 2012, 9:19 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by abi31
DM - terrifyingly inaccurate for a change
Really hope it works out for them though - they'll do wonders for the 'one for him, one for her and one for Australia' thing - shoring up some couples who chose not to have any kids
May surprise you but my choice not to have kids has absolutely nothing to do with allowing someone else to have a houseful Almost a shame that Queensland is one of the States that doesn't insist on proof of funds when dishing out sponsorship.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 9:24 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

May surprise you but my choice not to have kids has absolutely nothing to do with allowing someone else to have a houseful Almost a shame that Queensland is one of the States that doesn't insist on proof of funds when dishing out sponsorship.
Too true,what with me being a flatshare boy,i could buy Queensland
Old Apr 11th 2012, 9:26 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Too true,what with me being a flatshare boy,i could buy Queensland
Probably get Tassie with your leftover change as well
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

I was kidding - it's why I said 'chose' - it's down to the individual. No idea how the state pension system works in Oz but even if it's nonexistant everyone might be thankful for those 12 kids in the future when they're using the proud ethic handed down by their father and working hard to contribute into a system designed to help everyone (infrastructure etc) - as long as they don't all also have 12 kids each they're very likely to contribute far more than they ever cost the state I know me and mine have

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.