Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia the cheap and beautiful according to the daily mail

Australia the cheap and beautiful according to the daily mail

Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:18 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia the cheap and beautiful according to the daily mail

i can only wish the kids will grow up to be useful members of the society instead of developing into troublemakers.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abi31
I was kidding - it's why I said 'chose' - it's down to the individual. No idea how the state pension system works in Oz but even if it's nonexistant everyone might be thankful for those 12 kids in the future when they're using the proud ethic handed down by their father and working hard to contribute into a system designed to help everyone (infrastructure etc) - as long as they don't all also have 12 kids each they're very likely to contribute far more than they ever cost the state I know me and mine have
The State pension system is means tested - the majority of British migrants will receive a pension from the UK which puts them above the limit to get an Aus pension.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Quality journalism at its finest

Loving the table of costs half way down the article.

5 bed house from $150,000

Food for 14 $400 a week.

Doesnt mention dental costs for some reason

Oh boy

Good luck to the family, (realise its not your article), and cover up that freckled skin!!!! protect protect protect the UV here is mental.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...home-grim.html
How dare you doubt the daily mail!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI
Old Apr 13th 2012, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

empty will become famous soon enough

£700 for a newspaper and a Twix.

Are you serious, can you elaborate?
Old Apr 13th 2012, 5:14 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by empty
£700 for a newspaper and a Twix.

Are you serious, can you elaborate?
I think that was quite clearly intended as a joke! I thought it was funny.

The fact that DM readers felt the need to go town with the negative ratings on it shows what a humorless bunch they are!
Old Apr 14th 2012, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

Only just watched that youtube clip - totally hilarious and love the eye roll he was doing. Reminds me of a Russell whats-his-face (blond one not Brand) skit where he sings about all the things DM says gives you cancer to we didn't start the fire. In fact, hang on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZTeSxWdk1g

and it's Howard
Old Apr 14th 2012, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Bugger, late to the party, but was going to ask the same question... When did child benefit amd child tax allowance cease to be a state handout????

Having said that... This is the kind if family that WILL make a go of it, regardless of shite journalism...

Good old aussie battlers already.... With the added benefit of bringing 12 future tax payers to help keep me when I'm old and decrepit!!!!
Old Apr 15th 2012, 12:58 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 15th 2012, 1:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
That is really irritating
Old Apr 15th 2012, 2:50 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That is really irritating
What I find really disturbing... and what I'd like to bring to your attention... is the way her sleek hair has separated.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 12:05 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brissybee
What I find really disturbing... and what I'd like to bring to your attention... is the way her sleek hair has separated.
+1 looks like she's trapped in time on a ghost cruise ship where she has to sing the same song over and over for eternity.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 1:09 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
+1 looks like she's trapped in time on a ghost cruise ship where she has to sing the same song over and over for eternity.
That's a really annoying thought.

What's also irritating is that one of her bra straps has slipped and is showing. And in her repetitious state she can't fix it up.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 1:14 pm
Not actually a squirrel

Btw, for those who care, channel nine news Brisbane is promoting that it is, tonight, doing a story with the big family Englishman.

I want to see how he's going to pay for all this...
Old Apr 15th 2012, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee

Btw, for those who care, channel nine news Brisbane is promoting that it is, tonight, doing a story with the big family Englishman.

I want to see how he's going to pay for all this...

Family benefits, should cover it well and truly, up to $9000 PER kid if you get A B and rent allowance.

I wonder if current affair or whatever the show 9 has, will have picked up on that little point.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth

What the hell is that, so annoying, but you have to keep watching

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.