Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia the cheap and beautiful according to the daily mail

Australia the cheap and beautiful according to the daily mail

Old Apr 9th 2012, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australia the cheap and beautiful according to the daily mail

Quality journalism at its finest

Loving the table of costs half way down the article.

5 bed house from $150,000

Food for 14 $400 a week.

Doesnt mention dental costs for some reason

Oh boy

Good luck to the family, (realise its not your article), and cover up that freckled skin!!!! protect protect protect the UV here is mental.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...home-grim.html

Last edited by jad n rich; Apr 9th 2012 at 10:00 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia the cheap and beautiful according to the daily mail

Originally Posted by jad n rich

Food for 14 $400 a week.

Oh boy

Pick up the phone Jad...

It says 100,000 and up. This might be true if the FX was closer to the historic average...just..or they googled the cheapest weatherboard place.

I see they have visited Majorca and Disney? They are classic candidates for suburban QLD, indeed suburban Australia if you believe the critics on the board.

He was on GBP38k a year - not a bad wage perhaps.

And if he has a dozen kids, he is entitled to claim for 12 UK benefits in respect of them. Silly man.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Apr 9th 2012 at 10:05 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Pick up the phone Jad...

It says 100,000 and up. This might be true if the FX was closer to the historic average...just..or they googled the cheapest weatherboard place.

I see they have visited Majorca and Disney? They are classic candidates for suburban QLD, indeed suburban Australia if you believe the critics on the board.

He was on GBP38k a year - not a bad wage perhaps.

And if he has a dozen kids, he is entitled to claim for 12 UK benefits in respect of them. Silly man.

100,000 where? some peanut farming town 600 mile ooop west of the dizzy lights of brisvegas

I hope the family love brisbane, but the costs the DM has quoted are a mile and marathon from reality.

I wont get onto benefits again, did that earlier but after my google I worked out up to $9000 per child. My only regret is I arrived with 3kids not 15 Still its a cold night, these fleece pyjamas are darn attractive....
Old Apr 9th 2012, 10:21 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Australia once. it cost me £700 for a newspaper and a Twix. I caught the next plane back. On arriving back at Heathrow the same two products cost me £1.10. Rip off Britain is not so bad after all.
- mowhawk1, worcester uk, 10/4/2012 20:06

Old Apr 9th 2012, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I went to Australia once. it cost me £700 for a newspaper and a Twix. I caught the next plane back. On arriving back at Heathrow the same two products cost me £1.10. Rip off Britain is not so bad after all.

That was me....

Nah - not really. I almost logged on but chickened out.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bcworld

I love the DM reader comments I am sure they are done by the same people who do VIZ magazine
Old Apr 9th 2012, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I love the DM reader comments I am sure they are done by the same people who do VIZ magazine
You'll know if you find a Top Tip contribution copied in by mistake.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
You'll know if you find a Top Tip contribution copied in by mistake.

I thought the top tip was how to feed 14 on $375 a week, the 2 teens left at home can scoff that in one weekend
Old Apr 9th 2012, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It was a struggle, but yep you can find a house in queensland for that price.

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...kall-110091521

It even has a media room ( scroll down the piccys)

You beaudy
Old Apr 9th 2012, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

It was a struggle, but yep you can find a house in queensland for that price.

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...kall-110091521

It even has a media room ( scroll down the piccys)

You beaudy
I love that the bucket in the bath is matching the blue coving.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Food for 14 $400 a week.

Oh boy

Good luck to the family, (realise its not your article), and cover up that freckled skin!!!! protect protect protect the UV here is mental.

April Ist was over a week ago.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I love that the bucket in the bath is matching the blue coving.

This property is hot, I did forget to mention its a little way from brisbane, but to get the 5 beds in the price bracket, I had to go out a little. 962 klms to be exact, however we must remember petrol is so much cheaper here.

Third from last picture, what the heck is the thing in the corner???

Last edited by jad n rich; Apr 9th 2012 at 11:01 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

This property is hot, I did forget to mention its a little way from brisbane, but to get the 5 beds in the price bracket, I had to go out a little. 962 klms to be exact, however we must remember petrol is so much cheaper here.
I suppose its listed as needing a little tlc.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I suppose its listed as needing a little tlc.

No.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 11:33 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

No.
Kitchen and bathroom have been 'renovated'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.