Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia the cheap and beautiful according to the daily mail

Australia the cheap and beautiful according to the daily mail

Old Apr 10th 2012, 12:58 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia the cheap and beautiful according to the daily mail

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Oh gawd, hes back, I forgot Swan street ( and the rest of WA) shuts down at 5pm.
5:30pm
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
What types get sponsorship? I didn't. My ego is deflated..

...tell a lie I did get a state nomination..best email I ever sent...
I meant the type of people to organise the move of their huge family around a tourist visa.

Last edited by fish.01; Apr 10th 2012 at 1:10 am.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Frankly I would rather read the daily mail.
hmm....let me make this quite clear...it was the sort of paper you would pick up - for kicks....for kicks...when there was plenty of time, and the entire array of papers was laid out...and breakfast was provided...and there was all morning...
even the Sun was sometimes worth scurrying for...one thing it does have going for it...meatier than the Sun and Mirror, less heavy-going (perhaps) than the broadsheets..although even they have dumbed down..

...I always found myself reading it with a bemused air...but also by turns with barely disguised disgust...

As DM is so derided in these 'ear parts...I wonder whether anyone would admit to taking it as a regular (and serious) paper on their return to the UK. And how many people were innocently oblivious to it until they read these boards. 'Have you been reading the DM again' is a classic refrain..

That would be like trying to bring down a hot air balloon by suckin on a straw
I am wounded...I don't have an ego... I've just had a good life...
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
I meant the type of people to organise their move of their huge family around a tourist visa.
They can't have come on a Tourist, they wouldn't have got in with one way tickets, not 14 of them. You'd have to be bloody good friends to be prepared to put all 14 of them wouldn't you? It's not your usual 'hey borrow my spare room for a week or so' scenario

Even the incompetent 'journalists' at the DM should have been able to ask them what Skilled visa they were coming on.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
5:30pm
Gee...I must have found the only effing street in Perth then where stuff stays open til 'late'.

The name escapes me now.

I will be back there next week. Different hotel. Different opportunity.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
They can't have come on a Tourist, they wouldn't have got in with one way tickets, not 14 of them. You'd have to be bloody good friends to be prepared to put all 14 of them wouldn't you? It's not your usual 'hey borrow my spare room for a week or so' scenario

Even the incompetent 'journalists' at the DM should have been able to ask them what Skilled visa they were coming on.
Doubt they really care about that detail. Asking about where the hell they found friends like that might have been more up the DM's alley
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

hmm....let me make this quite clear...it was the sort of paper you would pick up - for kicks....for kicks...when there was plenty of time, and the entire array of papers was laid out...and breakfast was provided...and there was all morning...
even the Sun was sometimes worth scurrying for...one thing it does have going for it...meatier than the Sun and Mirror, less heavy-going (perhaps) than the broadsheets..although even they have dumbed down..

...I always found myself reading it with a bemused air...but also by turns with barely disguised disgust...

Translated as Badge being quite short, used to nip down the corner store and buy the sun for the page 3 birds and the daily mail because the sheer size of the Times and Observer made him look shorter than he really is. And the ego couldnt be 'avin that even if reading the Times makes one look brainy.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:21 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Yep, that sounds about right, flatshare to granny flat at 50 - more, and more failure in life.
Yer too funny brother
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Translated as Badge being quite short, used to nip down the corner store and buy the sun for the page 3 birds and the daily mail because the sheer size of the Times and Observer made him look shorter than he really is. And the ego couldnt be 'avin that even if reading the Times makes one look brainy.
It was I who barracked for the new sized broadsheets...they arrived in time for me to get the boat over here.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Can we quit with the moronic personal insults please. Apparently you're all grownups. I would hate to close an amusing thread just because the children don't know (want) to play in a civilised manner.
Had a lovely evening out for my birthday, love reading this on my return,
Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by northernbird
Had a lovely evening out for my birthday, love reading this on my return,
We have a full house, and you're not implicated...Happy Birthday.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:22 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

We have a full house, and you're not implicated...Happy Birthday.
Completely and utterly pissed as the proverbial fart!
Old Apr 10th 2012, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

You'd have to be bloody good friends to be prepared to put all 14 of them wouldn't you? It's not your usual 'hey borrow my spare room for a week or so' scenario
It does say in the article the "family will initially stay with friends Frank and Mandy Tucker in Brisbane until Dave can find work and a house big enough for their brood".
Old Apr 10th 2012, 5:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
It does say in the article the "family will initially stay with friends Frank and Mandy Tucker in Brisbane until Dave can find work and a house big enough for their brood".
I know, I was just wondering how big Frank and Mandy's house is
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:04 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

And what kind of visa do they have ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.