Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia is 20 years behind the UK.....and here's why...

Australia is 20 years behind the UK.....and here's why...

Old May 17th 2007, 8:17 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia is 20 years behind the UK.....and here's why...

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Exactly.
If you like it, stay.
If you don't like it, go.
End of.
Not exactly though is it? can you not comment like I did that it is indeed behind but still like it here?

Of course you can.
Old May 17th 2007, 8:20 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rebabaros
no, i never once meant or indicated that you were a troll
however when you start a thread entitled "australia is.....and heres why" then of course people are going to take exception to that, it is particularly unfair to those who are looking at moving here, you are giving an unfair generalization about the whole of the country, thats all i meant, and nothing else.
Opinions are like arseholes - we all have one and they all stink!

The OP is entitled to his opinion, no-one expects you to agree however. A sensible recourse, would be to state YOUR opinion and then go on to debate the two in an adult manner!!
Old May 17th 2007, 8:31 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
A sensible recourse, would be to state YOUR opinion and then go on to debate the two in an adult manner!!
You've changed!
Old May 17th 2007, 8:33 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by rossifumi
You've changed!
Don't we all.
Old May 17th 2007, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Lets all have a happy thread calm thoughts, happy thoughts, deep breaths, in out in out, imagine the ocean washing over your toes, the possums on your lawn, the pellicans on the pier, the dolphins, the white sands the sparkling ocean, what we all came for.

WTF happened to this fourm toys out the pram, blouses off, handbags out and thats just the men.
Old May 17th 2007, 8:35 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
You've changed!
absolutely - judging by some of his older posts, Fluffy and the word adult are not 2 words I would have put in one sentence
Old May 17th 2007, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by northernbird
absolutely - judging by some of his older posts, Fluffy and the word adult are not 2 words I would have put in one sentence
See, this is the problem with these forums - judging people without actually knowing them.

I AM actually a reasonable, mature, intelligent person (shock, horror)......in the past I have enjoyed the odd 'wind-up' on here to pass the time of day. Can't be bothered with it anymore - we fly to OZ in 107 days, 2 hours, 14 minutes and 20 seconds...........much more important things to be worrying about!
Old May 17th 2007, 8:48 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

See, this is the problem with these forums - judging people without actually knowing them.

I AM actually a reasonable, mature, intelligent person (shock, horror)......in the past I have enjoyed the odd 'wind-up' on here to pass the time of day. Can't be bothered with it anymore - we fly to OZ in 107 days, 2 hours, 14 minutes and 20 seconds...........much more important things to be worrying about!
get a grip fluffy the addition of a smiley indicated to most folk that it was a bit of a joke, the stress of those last weeks must be getting to you.
Old May 17th 2007, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by northernbird
get a grip fluffy the addition of a smiley indicated to most folk that it was a bit of a joke, the stress of those last weeks must be getting to you.
I know it was a joke and it was taken in such a way!

If I had thought you were being offensive I would have let you know it! You know me!
Old May 17th 2007, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Not that your counting eh
Old May 17th 2007, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
That is true. I love my new home and the aussies, but they do seem to forget that they excel at sports that, on the whole, nobody else on the planet gives a shit about - swimming, cricket, netball!!!, AFL etc...
In my books, along with rugby union and league, I am obliged to admit they are proper sports the rest of the world *should* care about - and am losing out on.
Old May 17th 2007, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I guess you missed the comments from the sports obsessed Poms after England won the Trinations ODI series this summer.

The reality is that Aus, like the UK, will televise the sports in which its competitors are doing well before it will televise other sports and events. If you don't believe me, just look at how much coverage curling gets when there's a British team doing well.

actually very true. Remember the victory parade when England won the 2003 World Cup!

The problem lies with the tabloid media in Australia.
Old May 17th 2007, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
Not that your counting eh
Much!!!
Old May 17th 2007, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Brewerboy1
Which brings ne to my point-You don't have to be a Yokel to like Australia.
I regard myself as well travelled and cultured and still like Australia.
There might be things about Australia you don't percieve.
Here's for Brewerboy...and I thought you hated the joint. How wrong could I be....
Old May 17th 2007, 9:05 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Are you ignoring me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.