Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Aussie newsreaders 'World Record!'

Aussie newsreaders 'World Record!'

Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:38 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie newsreaders 'World Record!'

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I read posts like these and have to wonder why you then get arsey when people argue back. I also have no idea why you want to post on this forum, granted you feel the need to give the other side of the coin which I have no issue with, but why do you feel the need to get embroiled in so many threads that seem to make you so angry ?
Well I don't go out spoiling for a fight, but if someone makes half witted remarks then it's just in my nature to respond at times. I'm actually not an angry person but it's equally true I don't suffer fools glady. People need to read these posts of mine within the context in which they were posted, not as isolated events.

I think I started posting on this thread in response to something Arkon said. Sometimes I even try to help people on the OZ forum, if I'm able to; believe it or not.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:45 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Fair play to MD09 I have not read anything I dont agree with in this tread. On person knowledge and experience on "skin Cancer" I would say NZ is far worse on the basis of 95% of my NZ family are being treated whereas 35% of my Oz side of the family.
Crikey, 95% or 35% both still very bad numbers in my opinion. I think about 0% of my family in the UK have had them. Whilst skin cancer is not the fault of either Aus or NZ it is very much the fault of the people that get it, unless your a child in which case the parents are to blame. Wear a hat, glasses, long sleved shirt and plenty of slap and stay indoors.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:47 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Well I don't go out spoiling for a fight, but if someone makes half witted remarks then it's just in my nature to respond at times. I'm actually not an angry person but it's equally true I don't suffer fools glady. People need to read these posts of mine within the context in which they were posted, not as isolated events.

I think I started posting on this thread in response to something Arkon said. Sometimes I even try to help people on the OZ forum, if I'm able to; believe it or not.
KC you have said nothing wrong in my view. It's hard to stay silent when people like MD are making such blatently untrue coments and getting all menstural over any bad comment about Oz.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:56 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
KC you have said nothing wrong in my view. It's hard to stay silent when people like MD are making such blatently untrue coments and getting all menstural over any bad comment about Oz.
Thanks Arkon. You are quite right mate.

He was spewing a lot of drivel and I noticed he failed to respond to my counter argument about the very poor life expectancy of the indigenous people of Australia.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:02 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

My counter argument about the very poor life expectancy of the indigenous people of Australia.
Bad all over ... isn't it ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3746162.stm
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:03 pm
Jedi Princess

Crikey, 95% or 35% both still very bad numbers in my opinion. I think about 0% of my family in the UK have had them. Whilst skin cancer is not the fault of either Aus or NZ it is very much the fault of the people that get it, unless your a child in which case the parents are to blame. Wear a hat, glasses, long sleved shirt and plenty of slap and stay indoors.
OZ definitely has hotter temps and I think worse ozone depletion than NZ. A lot who have gotten melanoma here inadvertently brought it on by growing up in the 70s and 80s in the days before strong sun safe messages I think. Others (younger ones usually) by seeking that 'perfect tan'. There was a time when ozone depletion was worse in NZ, from memory.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

You mean he was being serious - and not taking the Mickey Bliss.

Funny how you can get the wrong impression in print
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:08 pm
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by Hutch
A lot has to do with poverty and poor diet, tobacco and alcohol consumption, lack of exercise and failing to seek/lack of adequate healthcare. In OZ life expectancy of Aboriginal men is like mid 50s.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:13 pm
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
You mean he was being serious - and not taking the Mickey Bliss.

Funny how you can get the wrong impression in print
No doubt he thought he was being very humourous. Simple banal humour with a derogatory slant is classic ockerist behaviour.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:29 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt he thought he was being very humourous. Simple banal humour with a derogatory slant is classic ockerist behaviour.
What would you say classic kiwi behaviour was?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:44 pm
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

Yo bro, I just had meself a nice feed of fush and chups! And It only cost me sex dollars. No worries but cuz, the Australian govt just paid for it.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:57 pm
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by MD09

Yo bro, I just had meself a nice feed of fush and chups! And It only cost me sex dollars. No worries but cuz, the Australian govt just paid for it.
So you found a pic of some mongrel mob loser ... aren't you clever
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:00 pm
Jedi Princess

Well we don't as a rule run people down in order to feel better about ourselves... that's a practice reserved for the emotionally insecure and psychologically immature, of which Australia seems to have a rather large portion
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:02 pm
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

So you found a pic of some mongrel mob loser ... aren't you clever
Yep, and here's another one just to show it wasn't a fluke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.