Aus police

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:18 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aus police

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Since the police in NI has changed to the PSNI BB you and I both know they have strived to be more representative of the whole community, so much so that many Protestants have been turned down in favour of Catholics joining up.
PS but my fear now is that the protestant community will know not trust the police either and here we go again
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:00 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

It does sometimes seem personal BB, but I'm thick-skinned so...

All of us had negative experiences during 'The Troubles', all of us were affected, some worse than others...we all had very different experiences, dependent on where we lived, how we were brought up etc. Personally, even now, I don't look at a police officer and think 'I wonder what religion they are?!', I just hope that they are going to do their job as best they can, to protect myself and those around me.

I dont wish to get into any sort of debate about this, particularly on an open forum, all I can say though is, that I truly hope that we never return to those dark old days, and that the events of this last 6 months, do not continue.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

I presumed, having read the platform story that it was an offence to spit in public in that region, thus the officers insistence on it being cleaned up, and my saying I'd ask the girl to use a tissue instead. If it's not an offence then I guess I was wrong eh...
Assuming that spitting in public is an offence then the officer would presumably have had a range of sanctions available to him - verbal warning, on the spot fine etc. I very much doubt that publicly humiliating someone is included in that list of options. Yes, you did say later that you would have asked the girl to use a tissue but only after first replying

"All power to the peeler (Norn Irn word for police officer) on the platform"
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:09 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

It does sometimes seem personal BB, but I'm thick-skinned so...

All of us had negative experiences during 'The Troubles', all of us were affected, some worse than others...we all had very different experiences, dependent on where we lived, how we were brought up etc. Personally, even now, I don't look at a police officer and think 'I wonder what religion they are?!', I just hope that they are going to do their job as best they can, to protect myself and those around me.

I dont wish to get into any sort of debate about this, particularly on an open forum, all I can say though is, that I truly hope that we never return to those dark old days, and that the events of this last 6 months, do not continue.
Dont want a debate either but let's just say my family/friends suffered big time time at the hands of the RUC,something i will never ever forget nor forgive,funny enough as i was off round the world fighting proper terrorists.

But it's really nothing personal,i like to think we can all have a laugh at our religion/culture be we orange/green or polish
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:14 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoveactually
Assuming that spitting in public is an offence then the officer would presumably have had a range of sanctions available to him - verbal warning, on the spot fine etc. I very much doubt that publicly humiliating someone is included in that list of options. Yes, you did say later that you would have asked the girl to use a tissue but only after first replying

"All power to the peeler (Norn Irn word for police officer) on the platform"
'All power to the peeler (Norn Irn word for police officer) on the platform, if I did that here in Norn Irn that girl and all of her mates would start spitting on me'

Taken out of context; I meant all power to him, in the respect that he spoke out, not that he made her clean it up with her sleeve!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:17 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Dont want a debate either but let's just say my family/friends suffered big time time at the hands of the RUC,something i will never ever forget nor forgive,funny enough as i was off round the world fighting proper terrorists.

But it's really nothing personal,i like to think we can all have a laugh at our religion/culture be we orange/green or polish
Suffered big time ourselves mate, not going into detail here, but I'm sure you can imagine.

Sure we're all friends now apparently...lol

Really though, I'm not bitter, I'm trying to move on, as are majority of the rest of this province, but then when things like the 3 murders back in March happen, it makes you question things....
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:26 am
FREE TIBET

Suffered big time ourselves mate, not going into detail here, but I'm sure you can imagine.

Sure we're all friends now apparently...lol

Really though, I'm not bitter, I'm trying to move on, as are majority of the rest of this province, but then when things like the 3 murders back in March happen, it makes you question things....
Like i said no debate,but yer old predecessors guilty of a few murders themselves, just like the horrible conflicts i found myself in no ****** won shit and everybody suffered.So hopefully people will move on. Think the national anthem for the north should be 'If u tolerate this then yer children will be next'(Manic street preachers)listen and learn. I wish you good karma
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

'All power to the peeler (Norn Irn word for police officer) on the platform, if I did that here in Norn Irn that girl and all of her mates would start spitting on me'

Taken out of context; I meant all power to him, in the respect that he spoke out, not that he made her clean it up with her sleeve!
You should be a politician not a teacher
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:53 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by hoveactually
You should be a politician not a teacher