Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is anyone going to watch the Olympic opening ceremony live?

Is anyone going to watch the Olympic opening ceremony live?

Old Jul 28th 2012, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Nanna9 will become famous soon enoughNanna9 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is anyone going to watch the Olympic opening ceremony live?

Thankyou Pollyanna...I was not aware that I had posted on the wrong site and I do apologise for that......I probably should not be here anyway...so it is best that I vamoose......The opening ceremony was for me as good in a totally different way as Beijing and better than ours in 2000; however I still think the Cauldron lighting in Australia with Cathy Freeman in fire and water was the best I have seen. I also though last night's was brilliant...Cheers.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 12:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nanna9
Thankyou Pollyanna...I was not aware that I had posted on the wrong site and I do apologise for that......I probably should not be here anyway...so it is best that I vamoose......The opening ceremony was for me as good in a totally different way as Beijing and better than ours in 2000; however I still think the Cauldron lighting in Australia with Cathy Freeman in fire and water was the best I have seen. I also though last night's was brilliant...Cheers.
Cathy Freeman lighting it in at Sydney was fantastic, remember watching that, I was always a big fan of hers
Old Jul 28th 2012, 1:20 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Perfect description

Packet of gravel sir? Or would you prefer some of those large pointy ones?
Oh def pointy ones please
Old Jul 28th 2012, 1:43 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Cauldron lighting is always tricky, generally works best under a full moon as the shadows fall right then
i didn't realise you were a participant!

Old Jul 28th 2012, 1:57 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Oh def pointy ones please
Make the whole event more exciting don't they!!

Originally Posted by commonwealth
i didn't realise you were a participant!

http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads...g-ceremony.jpg
How much did Bernie sell you that pic for? I told him not to release it
Old Jul 28th 2012, 2:11 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

How much did Bernie sell you that pic for? I told him not to release it
had to trade my Quidditch ticket.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 2:39 pm
Home and Happy

had to trade my Quidditch ticket.
At least he put a good price on it then
Old Jul 28th 2012, 2:48 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I quite enjoyed the highlights, anything that soundtracks Pink Floyd as the climax gets my vote.

I particularly liked the fact that they featured some of the stadium construction workers at the end during the flame running. Something about that got me.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 2:55 pm
Daffyd Duck

Originally Posted by Nanna9
The opening ceremony was for me as good in a totally different way as Beijing and better than ours in 2000; however I still think the Cauldron lighting in Australia with Cathy Freeman in fire and water was the best I have seen. I also though last night's was brilliant...Cheers.
Sydney set the standard in 2000, from the ceremonies to the quality of the venues, after a forgettable Atlanta 1996. It brought life back to the Olympics.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 2:56 pm
Daffyd Duck

At least he put a good price on it then
such a gullible muggle bernie is
Old Jul 28th 2012, 4:47 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

such a gullible muggle bernie is
If muggle i am then muggle i be
Old Jul 28th 2012, 5:01 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
If muggle i am then muggle i be
I'm sure you've been called worse
Old Jul 28th 2012, 5:05 pm
FREE TIBET

I'm sure you've been called worse
They only get one chance
Old Jul 28th 2012, 11:21 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I quite enjoyed the highlights, anything that soundtracks Pink Floyd as the climax gets my vote.

I particularly liked the fact that they featured some of the stadium construction workers at the end during the flame running. Something about that got me.
+1. Shame they didn't do the finale really instead of Mr Mainstream, but of course, impossible....I would have loved the whole ceremony to be closed by Careful with that axe, Eugene.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 11:23 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
+1. Shame they didn't do the finale really instead of Mr Mainstream, but of course, impossible....I would have loved the whole ceremony to be closed by Careful with that axe, Eugene.
Or they could progressively build a wall during the pole vault ... I'd pay to see that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.