Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is anyone going to watch the Olympic opening ceremony live?

Is anyone going to watch the Olympic opening ceremony live?

Old Aug 1st 2012, 1:07 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone going to watch the Olympic opening ceremony live?

Originally Posted by chris955
They didnt actually supply the gas.
There's plenty of time for the Australians to supply all of Britain's gas - no need to hurry.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 1:18 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we still have a fair bit but I'm sure it might come in handy one day. Apparently we 1000 trillion cubic feet of shale gas and are, I think, the 4th largest producer of natural gas so we should be OK for awhile but it's good to know we can rely on the colonies in the future if needed

Originally Posted by Zen10
There's plenty of time for the Australians to supply all of Britain's gas - no need to hurry.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 1:25 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we still have a fair bit but I'm sure it might come in handy one day. Apparently we 1000 trillion cubic feet of shale gas and are, I think, the 4th largest producer of natural gas so we should be OK for awhile but it's good to know we can rely on the colonies in the future if needed
Australia is ranked 12 and has 1.64% of global reserves and 22 million people, and UK is ranked 40 and has 0.15% and 64 million people. UK oil and gas are dwindling fast. The shale gas reserves are excellent news for the UK and fingers crossed they come to fruition.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 2:14 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

shale gas = fracking
Old Aug 1st 2012, 2:42 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we have all got enough gas to last us well into the future. The shale gas is there, it's just a case of getting it out

Australia is ranked 12 and has 1.64% of global reserves and 22 million people, and UK is ranked 40 and has 0.15% and 64 million people. UK oil and gas are dwindling fast. The shale gas reserves are excellent news for the UK and fingers crossed they come to fruition.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:46 pm
Banned

I think we have all got enough gas to last us well into the future. The shale gas is there, it's just a case of getting it out
UK proved gas reserves are 292,000,000,000 as of 2010. Not sure of its annual consumption but I know it only has a few short years of gas left - without calculating for growth (ha ha - UK economy and growth, etc). "Probable" reserves are quite high and the shale gas discovery is very good news indeed for British jobs and also energy security.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:50 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Makes sense - Australia has more of the stuff than nearly anywhere else.
I think your confusing gas with hot air
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:53 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by cresta57
I think your confusing gas with hot air
Oh there's plenty of that too. They will be the world's largest exporter of hot air by 2018.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 8:15 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

UK proved gas reserves are 292,000,000,000 as of 2010. Not sure of its annual consumption but I know it only has a few short years of gas left - without calculating for growth (ha ha - UK economy and growth, etc). "Probable" reserves are quite high and the shale gas discovery is very good news indeed for British jobs and also energy security.
is that in cubic feet or millimeters?

thr world is full of shale gas. however, it's not easy and may be costly to mine them. ever heard of the word "fracking"?
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 10:17 am
Banned

Originally Posted by commonwealth
is that in cubic feet or millimeters?

thr world is full of shale gas. however, it's not easy and may be costly to mine them. ever heard of the word "fracking"?
That's a Battlestar Galactica term isn't it?

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx

Last edited by Zen10; Aug 2nd 2012 at 10:22 am.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Japonica

Just woke up here in time to see the Canadians march in. Poor Simon Whitfield. How much did they have to beg him to carry the flag in?

(Canadians have a superstition that whoever carries the flag in loses the gold medal...spectacular cases of this in the past with our figure skaters).
Very sad but SO true - simon had a bad fall and is disqualified - really a shame.....