Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Old May 13th 2007, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Originally Posted by Brewerboy1
She would have been found.
What if she wandered off and someone then took her..... I know she would have been found otherwise
Old May 13th 2007, 1:10 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

hang on, back up, are they saying that the parents went out for the evening and left the patio doors unlocked because of the risk of fire??!!!

is it just me or is this the a CRAZIEST thing you ever heard!?!?!!!!!!

WTF????????????

thats like saying "oh well, if theres a fire, the kids can let themselves out!!!!!"

Hello..........?????
Old May 13th 2007, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
sadly mate, i dont think they heard you
SORRY - I just had to make that last point. It's a very painful subject and I didn't want to get drawn into it... I now retire and hope beyond hope that she is found.
Old May 13th 2007, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by The Crow
SORRY - I just had to make that last point. It's a very painful subject and I didn't want to get drawn into it... I now retire and hope beyond hope that she is found.
wasnt referring to you mate
Old May 13th 2007, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

hang on, back up, are they saying that the parents went out for the evening and left the patio doors unlocked because of the risk of fire??!!!

WTF????????????

thats like saying "oh well, if theres a fire, the kids can let themselves out!!!!!"

Hello..........?????
Fraid so -- 'The McCanns and all their friends on the holiday left their patio doors open throughout the evenings for fear of fire.'
Old May 13th 2007, 1:14 pm
Banned

Brewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I think for the first time I 've felt that a kind of mafia on here exists whereby if you don't support stupid insuations like "Maddie's parents took a risk. The rest of us never risk our child's safety - ever" then you're shouted down.

The whole argument sounds so uninformed as to be childish.

Talk about a mob mentality
Also very stupid-what occured was highly irregular. Paedophiles general target the children of the poor and marginalised , it seems odd in the extreme
that they have gone for the child of an upper-middle class family, ensuring plenty of attention and sympathy. Something one would have thought they wouldnt want.
Old May 13th 2007, 1:15 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brewerboy1
ADHD...........is that fatal??? once upon a time it was called "full of beans" or just "not that bright".
Nothing like psychologists and social services 'do-gooders' to created imaginary illnesses then use them to persecute people with.
Haven't got a clue what you are on about mate, my point was that social services leave children with irresponsible parents regardless of the concequences. This is my opinion about the above family, not Maddies.
If you want to argue with everyone you need the 'Take it outside' forum.
J x
Old May 13th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I also don't think many of us are saying that they should have thought about their children being abducted - I think most of us would be more worried about the children waking up and finding themselves alone and the distress that would follow that. .
Hardly - some posts have referred to kids waking up and being afraid.

Many have not. Most of the baying posts have focused on the risk to the child from abduction

"Regarding the parents actions, all was said before and I entirely agree, their fault"

"It's the sort of stupidity that could be regarded as aiding and abetting for gods sake - you don't give the evil gits opportunity like that"

"If this had been half an hour, perhaps she wouldn't have been abducted. But then again, wouldn't this equate the whole episode to a game of Russian roulette with your kids?"

"Its up to the parents to understand this and make sure that their children are safe so these sickos can't gain access to them.""

"If they hadn't of left her she wouldn't have been taken from the room, simple."

etc etc etc and these are just some of the ones which have been explicit.
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

Originally Posted by denise6372
Sorry I can't agree, I certainly don't feel ashamed for condemning them let's just remember how this little girl went missing in the first place. I feel dreadfully sorry for them because I cannot imagine what their pain must be like, but I'm sure they have enough guilt on themselves without us piling it on them as well.

Denise
I have thought long and hard about replying to any other posts on this thread. Quite simply I can not stand back and read the above without wanting to scream!!!!

You feel sorry for them, but you'll condemn them anyway? You are very sorry, but it's all their fault?

You are right... they have enough guilt.... so why are people continuing to say they are to blame???? What's the purpose?????????

Fraid so -- 'The McCanns and all their friends on the holiday left their patio doors open throughout the evenings for fear of fire.'
words fail me
Old May 13th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

WTF????????????

Hello..........?????
Jesus, you've really got it in for these poor people haven't you...?

What about the fact that they see - somewhat more sensibly than a lot of people on here - that the risk of fire (and I assume that you have no idea whether there are smoke detectors, sprinklers or whatever in the room?) the risk of fire being somewhat greater than the once in 17 year risk of abduction?

And the fact that they leave the doors unlocked means that if the alarm goes, someone from the outside - i.e. the parents - could actually get entry somewhat more quickly than if they were fannying around with a key.
Old May 13th 2007, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

wasnt referring to you mate
What a surprise...
Old May 13th 2007, 1:27 pm

Jesus, you've really got it in for these poor people haven't you...?

What about the fact that they see - somewhat more sensibly than a lot of people on here - that the risk of fire (and I assume that you have no idea whether there are smoke detectors, sprinklers or whatever in the room?) the risk of fire being somewhat greater than the once in 17 year risk of abduction?

And the fact that they leave the doors unlocked means that if the alarm goes, someone from the outside - i.e. the parents - could actually get entry somewhat more quickly than if they were fannying around with a key.
or what about the fact einstein that they could have eliminated all of those risks by taking their children with them in the first place. feel free to continue to post drivel but you wont get a response out of me. youre giving me a twitch.
Old May 13th 2007, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

And a 3 year old from the inside could get out... and anyone else could get in.
Old May 13th 2007, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

On reflection I have to say, my previous condemnation of the parents on another thread was thoughtless and uncaring.

Hindsight is 20/20 vision. Most of us make our child rearing mistakes and get away with them. If Maddy has been taken, rather than wandering off, it is likely that any child could have been the victim.

There but by the grace of God go I.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.