Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Old May 13th 2007, 3:06 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

I think you all make valied points to some extent put please this thread is for Maddie if you can look at this pic and carry on then you should be completely ashamed
Attached Images  
Old May 13th 2007, 5:54 pm
Aussie wannabe!!

LoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really nice

Originally Posted by acbh2
I think you all make valied points to some extent put please this thread is for Maddie if you can look at this pic and carry on then you should be completely ashamed

WELL SAID!!

I AM SICK OF ALL THE ARGUING ON HERE! I DONT CARE WHO IS TO BLAME THATS NOT WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT SO UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING COMPASIONATE TO SAY ABOUT THIS POOR CHILD THEN SHUT UP FFS BEFORE IT GETS CLOSED!!

(now i'll stand back so no doubt some of you insensitive arguementitive peeps can throw stones at me!!)
Old May 13th 2007, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so upset about poor Maddy. She's the same age as my Daisy and I keep thinking how scared she must be. I'm not particularly religious, but I am praying for her safe return.
Old May 13th 2007, 6:22 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i am so sorry i have not added to this thread but to my shame i dont read or watch bad news ...

i just wanted to say how sorry i feel for the little girl and her family...i to will have a little prayer tonight..

marcus
Old May 13th 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't going to enter back into this thread because personally I am quite embarrassed to be a part of it.

But, somebody raised a good point at work today that I hadn't considered. Why if somebody broke into the room to take a child did they take the 3 year old. Wouldn't they have been more likely to take one of the babies who wouldn't tell anybody who they were or look scared of the person they were with? Probably nothing but I just found it odd. Maybe, if the door wasnt locked she did wake up and go looking for her parents. Still, even if thats the case the outcomes looking more bleak by the day.

It's all terribly sad and personally I think people should stop using this thread for playground squabbles.
Old May 13th 2007, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I wasn't going to enter back into this thread because personally I am quite embarrassed to be a part of it.

But, somebody raised a good point at work today that I hadn't considered. Why if somebody broke into the room to take a child did they take the 3 year old. Wouldn't they have been more likely to take one of the babies who wouldn't tell anybody who they were or look scared of the person they were with? Probably nothing but I just found it odd. Maybe, if the door wasnt locked she did wake up and go looking for her parents. Still, even if thats the case the outcomes looking more bleak by the day.

It's all terribly sad and personally I think people should stop using this thread for playground squabbles.
You've probably answered your own question. The three year old was older, pretty........horrifying thought
Old May 13th 2007, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daisylilymum
You've probably answered your own question. The three year old was older, pretty........horrifying thought
is there any more news on Maddy?
Old May 13th 2007, 9:37 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
is there any more news on Maddy?
Not as far as I have heard. Ive been flicking to the news channel.

I know the reward is massive now.
Old May 13th 2007, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Not as far as I have heard. Ive been flicking to the news channel.

I know the reward is massive now.
Do you really think a reward is relevant? I mean, if someone was involved and came forward, they wouldn't get it anyway?? Anyone who wasn't involved would have come forward anyway, surely?
Old May 13th 2007, 10:18 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daisylilymum
Do you really think a reward is relevant? I mean, if someone was involved and came forward, they wouldn't get it anyway?? Anyone who wasn't involved would have come forward anyway, surely?
To be honest, I dont think it will make a difference, unless a neighbour or someone spotted her and reported it.

Its looking doubtful but miracles do happen.

Heres to a new week and to finding Maddy.
Old May 13th 2007, 10:25 pm
Banned

Brewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud of

To be honest, I dont think it will make a difference, unless a neighbour or someone spotted her and reported it.

Heres to a new week and to finding Maddy.
Rarely does I crime occur without someone not involved finding out. This one is truly bizarre.
Old May 13th 2007, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Professional Princess;4776132]To be honest, I dont think it will make a difference, unless a neighbour or someone spotted her and reported it.

Heres to a new week and to finding Maddy.[/QUOTE

the perpetrators could have cut her hair and dyed it and she could so easily look quite different to the poster pictures
Old May 13th 2007, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=TruBrit;4776173]

the perpetrators could have cut her hair and dyed it and she could so easily look quite different to the poster pictures
She has a very distinctive eye though.
Old May 13th 2007, 10:30 pm

[QUOTE=TruBrit;4776173]

I know what you mean.

They must have had their eye on her. Wasn't it mentioned on the news about a guy taking pics of someones little girl and the father had a go at him?

And something about a woman acting suspiciously.

I suppose there is alot we don't know that the police do.

She just seems to have disappeared into thin air.
Old May 13th 2007, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
On reflection I have to say, my previous condemnation of the parents on another thread was thoughtless and uncaring.

Hindsight is 20/20 vision. Most of us make our child rearing mistakes and get away with them. If Maddy has been taken, rather than wandering off, it is likely that any child could have been the victim.

There but by the grace of God go I.

Thank you for that very honest comment.

Lou

Last edited by Louise M; May 13th 2007 at 11:30 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.