Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Old May 12th 2007, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Originally Posted by borehamwood
he, he,he give it a butchers, fu** me a aussie speaking east end,bet he walked past the bow bells once,so if it's in the paper you must be right.

Australian Rhyming Slang

Old May 12th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
You can challenge my opinion all you want but the fact is your talking **** and every other mother on this thread knows it.

I don't take offence at what you say, I take offence that someone can be so ignorant as to a child's welfare.

You know, you are really are talking ****, if you weren't then I would be seeing loads of people posting and agreeing with you.

I'm going to bed now, please go away and think before you type in future!
I love a reasoned arguement...."You are talking ****/**** so go away"

The fact is that all I have ever said in this thread (apart from that I am not a cat lover) is don't judge/condemn the parents.

I think you'll find that there are people who also share that opinion and have stated so here.

Why are you so angry about that?

Last edited by Pollyana; May 12th 2007 at 2:31 pm. Reason: language
Old May 12th 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wren
I love a reasoned arguement...."You are talking shit/crap so go away"

The fact is that all I have ever said in this thread (apart from that I am not a cat lover) is don't judge/condemn the parents.

I think you'll find that there are people who also share that opinion and have stated so here.

Why are you so angry about that?
I guess because I am of the belief that you don't abandon your kids and go out for the night.

I'm going to bed and I think we should agree to disagree as I don't think were going to see eye to eye on this one.
Old May 12th 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

I think we do see eye to eye on the core issue. What I object to is people pouring salt on the wound.

Good night.
Old May 12th 2007, 2:33 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

The reward has gone up to £2.5m - somethings got to give soon, surely. im getting obsessive checking out sky news website
Old May 12th 2007, 2:39 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
The reward has gone up to £2.5m - somethings got to give soon, surely. im getting obsessive checking out sky news website
Do you have any 'news' you'd like to share with the group? Hmmmm?

(What's the code for the peering over my glasses smiley?)
Old May 12th 2007, 5:52 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

You know what it doesn`t matter what anyone`s opinion of the parents is, it doesn`t matter now what the parents did or didn`t do, none of it counts, it is insignificant now, it`s too late for that. What counts is that a little girl is probably very alone and scared right now (if she is still alive which I pray she is). Does anyone think that Maddy will be thinking she doesn`t want to go back to her parents because they failed her?? Personally I reckon she will be terrified and crying for her mum and dad - perhaps that`s what we should be focusing our minds on right now. Our opinions don`t matter, we all have them but perhaps this isn`t the time to be arguing about who is right or wrong.
Old May 12th 2007, 6:02 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

And however it is worded, its not right and if you did it here, social services would be knocking on your door.
Doubt it PP, from my experience social services need a rocket up the bum to get them to do anything, and I talk from experience.

I've had to remove children from homes for there safety (I'm a copper), let social services know and the problem is they DON'T want to know.

I had to speak to a social worker once, and so I knew who I was chatting to I asked her for her name, she wouldn't give it to me, what does that tell you?

Many an hour spent looking after children when I'm meant to be catching crooks etc.
Old May 12th 2007, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by russmcp
Doubt it PP, from my experience social services need a rocket up the bum to get them to do anything, and I talk from experience.

I've had to remove children from homes for there safety (I'm a copper), let social services know and the problem is they DON'T want to know.

I had to speak to a social worker once, and so I knew who I was chatting to I asked her for her name, she wouldn't give it to me, what does that tell you?

Many an hour spent looking after children when I'm meant to be catching crooks etc.
You've got a point - I've worked in various capacities with young people (for the youth service, with voluntary projects, etc.) and SS aren't necessarily very forthcoming.
Old May 12th 2007, 6:18 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Not forthcoming, you're damn right there! Before people think I'm having a pop at the people that work for social services (or the ones at the bottom of the pile) it's the system thats up the creek.
Old May 12th 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by russmcp
Not forthcoming, you're damn right there! Before people think I'm having a pop at the people that work for social services (or the ones at the bottom of the pile) it's the system thats up the creek.
I have friends who are social workers - they admit their dept. is stretched (to say the least). I did some training towards becoming a social worker, but a year in realised it really wasn't the profession for me (not knocking it, rather I wanted to strangle some of the people I was on the course with and it really depresses me that such people are likely working in the field now )
Old May 12th 2007, 7:02 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dottyspots
I have friends who are social workers - they admit their dept. is stretched (to say the least). I did some training towards becoming a social worker, but a year in realised it really wasn't the profession for me (not knocking it, rather I wanted to strangle some of the people I was on the course with and it really depresses me that such people are likely working in the field now )
I hope I am wrong but I dont feel that she is alive. If she had been kidnapped they would have found her by now. Like I said I hope I am wrong on this but I fear it is too late.
Old May 12th 2007, 7:28 pm
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future

....I would just like to say a friend of mine whom I knew back in 95 we both went to a centre with our kids .....at that time I had two children and so did she, a little girl amanda who was 2 and a new baby ashley 9 months , my two aaron who was also 2 and harley who was 10 months mine and her two all played together.

As time went on we lost contact ,I had another two kids..bumped into her once she had another child then...........On the news 3 years ago I heard that a house fire broke out didnt think anything of it, then i heard three childrn died in the house fire....................to find it was hers............I was devastated all i could do was put flowers at the police guarded house, and a letter to her how sorry i was.i stood there amongst thousands of flowers and messages.looking up at a house with blacked out windows from the smoke and teddies lines up still on their bedroom window ledges.

It was little amanda aged 10 and ashley 8 and their fourth sister aged 2 who died, the third child a boy was the only survivour which was the little baby she had the last time i saw her...............he was six when his brother and sisters died....................

and you know why they died because my friend left them in the house for 20 minutes to pop to her neighbours for something, and apparently the younger boy found a lighter in the house and lit it, and whooosh THE HOUSE DIDNT TAKE LONG TO INGNITE..................my point is that you turn your head for a second anything can happen.We can all blame each other for things ......but nothing can change the guilt someone can have for mistakes they make..........life is full of fear, full of wierdos, fate, who knows what can happen to us in life, but we must all take a note from this all we can do is be more vigilant, be more fearfull,as the macanns never thought this would or could happen................and nor did my friend think her 3 kids would die before her..JUST TO POP NEXT DOOR..............I look at my kids and am thinking that ashley and amanda would be thirteen and eleven now...............I am afraid anything can happen in this life, like one of you said turn your head for a second and something could happen, it Is far more silly to leave kids on there own as look what happened to my friend kids.............but the parents macanns have learnt from their mistake they have lost their presious maddie.hopefully not forever.

hope you are still around maddie and happy birthday to you where ever you maybe.

p.s I agree with rachel on things said as no matter how safe you think your kids will be they shouldnt be left ..period.... and wren on whats being said regarding yes we can turn our head and things can happen in a split second however sometimes its out of our hands and not our fault.....what rachels saying is you just do not leave 3young kids asleep to go and eat a meal the other side of the hotel!.......even though you both disagree on whats been said to each other I see what you both are saying ....

.. I am not hear to condem the parents they know they shouldnt of left them, sometimes in life we learn from mistakes we make, its a real shame its taken a lesson in mistakes to loose a precious daughter .......p.s and to wren I love cats!!!!.... I am with rachel there !!!!! and all animals for that matter and I dont eat them or wear them.!!vegan is me ......and my little british blue cat gracie is due he kittens today I will call one.......... maddy .....x

Last edited by graciebluecat; May 12th 2007 at 9:19 pm.
Old May 12th 2007, 7:38 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Its so true, on a walk home from school when I was 10 a man tried to drag me into his car it was only because I screamed so loudly and sat on the floor like a lead brick that he let go, got back in his car & drove off. A walk I had been doing for years became horrible and occassionly I do wonder what would have happened.........I think this is why I am overly vigilant (sometimes paranoid ) now I have children! It is the experiences we have in life that shape us if only we could have them then rewind the clock.......Maddy and many others would be safe

I hope that somebody was so desperate for a wee girl they took her for their own, still not right but a better ending than the one I just don't want to think about. Lets hope she is safe and well xx
Old May 12th 2007, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

OMFG

someone explain to me why in the last few house 5 or 6 extra pages have appeared and please someone correct me if i'm wrong but most of those last said pages are argueing.

Could we please let it alone about where the blame should flippin lie, it's not about blame throwing blame or shouting about whose right and wrong blah blah isn't going to change the fact a gorgeous little 4 yr old girl is missing. Hell is you know someone whose nipped out and the kids are home go ad drag them back home and put a pic of maddie in their hands.

Lets face it as a parent your still only human, everyone makes mistakes or what could be considered a mistake by other people, some parents think mannersare important others don't hence why we have gobby sh*ts running round the streets.

I should think if and I pray it happens Maddie is given back to her parents tomorro I doubt they would let her or her siblings out of their site again.

Do some of you come in here after a long day and need to rant or something???
I don't understand what good it does saying OMG id never do that - ok then hopefully you'll never go through this.

The McCanns are obviously going through hell the mum looks dreadful, the dad seems to be holding it together a little better. But who can blame them falling apart?
As a parent you can always do more, I know cause this was a nightmare I had after my 6 yr old got out of my fathers garden and decided he wanted to come home and see me, except I was at work - by the time I went to pick him up they were frantic, I ran round the village calling his name running in and out of shops as it apparently hadn't been long so I assumed he hadn't got far I rang the police who had just had a call from a lady who found him and thank god she did cause he was almost hit by a car
He came bounding out of that police car as happy as larry cause he'd met a real policeman and had milk and biscuits with a lovely lady.
But before I knew where he was all sorts went through my head every second of every minute he was missing. I am wary even at their age of letting any of them out of my sight all the kids their age play out here, mine only play out front if i'm out watching them i'm overly cautious and have been ever since. My 6 yr old was 3 at the time

Maddie's been gone too long and I hope with all my heart she is returned safe to her mum and dad brother and sister.
Nobody deserves to go through that and I hope when found she won't be too traumatised for it.

Jen

Last edited by JenJen; May 12th 2007 at 9:30 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.