Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Originally Posted by vikgrif
new to this forum, Canadian born and lived and educated in Britain all my adult life, thinking of moving to Australia......OMG...not sure now after reading the orig post.....I have never had any probs with anyone while in Britain... seem to know I am not American...sometimes Irish ?? so have to ask myself how I will be welcomed in OZ?
All nationalities are well received in Aus, people who expect Aus to conform to their ideals rather than vice versa may not be so welcome, same goes for the UK and most other countries. Try to turn up in, e.g. China and tell the locals how to behave.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
je ne comprend pas...
Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
your French spelling isn't great either
Originally Posted by kmthor
yes TiddlyPom your french sucks
Well considering French is a 2nd language to TiddlyPom I think there's a bit of leeway.

Kmthor, what's your excuse?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:31 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Not bad guys ,you have fed the TROLL for ten pages.....mm
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

GoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of light

this is the only form of acceptable racisam

this is the only form of acceptable racism

Lost In Translation

Today's word is ................. Fluctuations

I was at my bank today; there was a short line.

There was just one lady in front of me, an Asian lady who was trying to exchange yen for dollars.
It was obvious she was a little irritated . . . She asked the teller, "Why it change? Yesterday, I get two hunat dolla fo yen. Today I only get hunat eighty? Why et change?"

The teller shrugged his shoulders and said, "Fluctuations."

The Asian lady says, "Fluc you white people too"
ROFLMAO

now I cant see clearly to read the rest of the thread
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:47 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Chinese heritage

Last edited by kmthor; Jan 20th 2011 at 10:54 am.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:53 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LouiseR
Well considering French is a 2nd language to TiddlyPom I think there's a bit of leeway.

im quite sure TP is well aware im taking the piss. unlike some others who choose to even post for other people as well as check there English and grammar ..your a legend

Last edited by kmthor; Jan 20th 2011 at 11:00 am.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Chinese heritage
You'll be fine. Great integrators the Chinese.... well the ones I've seen and mix with are.

Our Chinese trainee doctor at our Work (Aus Post) is a fantastic bloke. He is actively and purposely learning local customs and colloquialisms. Really going out of his way to do it. I reckon its one of the main reasons he is working with us. So he can build a successful practice amongst Aussies as well as Chinese.. It's a Chinese medicine course he is on.

A little story We actually caught him waiting outside the bosses office yesterday... 5 meters from the door, hands folded down low, stiff upright, waiting to catch the bosses eye, he actually gave a tiny bow when he did.... all to find out what shift he was on today. We took him aside and told him that maybe ok where you are from and amongst your peers mate.... but here you just waltz in.... he gave a little smile and despite that going against years of upbringing and culture, I reckon he will give it a go. He is very keen to do things the Aussie way... amongst Australians at least. He certainly took the message onboard without insult and with a acknowledging smile.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

im quite sure TP is well aware im taking the piss. unlike some others who choose to even post for other people as well as check there English and grammar ..your a legend
I think you mean their. And I don't feel the need to check everyone's grammar. Just jumped up little gets like you
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:15 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Just accept the irony.

All that singing and dancing gets irritating pretty damn quick.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by LouiseR
I think you mean their. And I don't feel the need to check everyone's grammar. Just jumped up little gets like you
and again thanks teach
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:16 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Here's free American society in action. Let it be a lesson to all of us and a shining example to aspire to.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wDdNiYA4zw...SA.groping.jpg
Sorry, Dean but I got the full body feel-up at Heathrow last year. Not even offered the option of a private room, just felt up by a woman at security so not just an American thing.
Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Go to Vietnam and get a proper head massage. That will definitely do the trick...

Probably cheaper than the haircut as well.
I've booked my sister and I into a spa in Hanoi when we go...2.5 hours including massage, facial, pedicure, manicure...all for the equivalent of about $18 AUD.
Originally Posted by vikgrif
new to this forum, Canadian born and lived and educated in Britain all my adult life, thinking of moving to Australia......OMG...not sure now after reading the orig post.....I have never had any probs with anyone while in Britain... seem to know I am not American...sometimes Irish ?? so have to ask myself how I will be welcomed in OZ?
Australians (and pretty much everyone else I've come across) seem to want to hear all about Canada. A lot of people think I sound Irish.
Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
With open arms. We love Canadians because they're not Americans.
In the immortal words of Sallly Field... I can't deny the fact that you like me... right now... you like me. Thank you
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

and again thanks teach
No worries and it's Mrs not Ms.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:51 am
Banned

SHHHHHH

BURMA

Last edited by kmthor; Jan 20th 2011 at 12:25 pm. Reason: being a smart arse
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:57 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Not bad guys ,you have fed the TROLL for ten pages.....mm
You still here?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

SHHHHHH

BURMA

not the 1st time tonight no-one can understand you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.