Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Old Jan 20th 2011, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
when you say 'very tight' do you mean the same as my definition of 'very tight'?
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to find that out. You can tell they know how to make a bloke happy... well the ones at our Hairdressers seem to be capable.

Blokes are always bringing gifts in to them. One time I was there, some old Italian bloke brought in a whole set of Negliges... whereupon the Ladies held them up against themselves, just to let the fellows imagination run riot... hence guaranteeing plenty more gifts in the future. They certainly know how to "play" their cliental.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BILDER
I am an American, born to British father and an Aus mother, and every time I visit Australia I get some type of hassle. I was in Sydney at Tetsuyas (if anyone's been, they know it is amazing!). My girlfriend and I were eating and we weren't being obnoxious and loud (as I know many Americans truly are), but we pay and leave, and as we are leaving the party at the table next to us yells at top of his ruddy lungs "F*uck you, you Yank! F*uck off, we're full." I reply in poor French and notify the maitre d', and he says, " there is nothing we can do about that as he is entitled to free speech, and he doesn't seem to have disturbed many patrons"(!) In fact, many people applauded him. It has been a few weeks since this occurrence, but my gf and I are still somewhat traumatized.
I am not sensitive, in fact we are quite thick skinned but that was beyond rude!
I don't mean to paint all Australians with the same brush, but I do find anti-American sentiment quite pervasive. Any country that still uses racial epiphets in common day speech is truly a little backward. It is a pity because Australia is probably the most beautiful country in the world.
Its coz your not Oprah!!!..just sayin..lol
Old Jan 20th 2011, 5:28 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to find that out. You can tell they know how to make a bloke happy... well the ones at our Hairdressers seem to be capable.

Blokes are always bringing gifts in to them. One time I was there, some old Italian bloke brought in a whole set of Negliges... whereupon the Ladies held them up against themselves, just to let the fellows imagination run riot... hence guaranteeing plenty more gifts in the future. They certainly know how to "play" their cliental.
sounds great, where are they?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
It's standard. You can refuse it but it doesn't go well if you do.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-UqM56e-kRA
Anyone planning a trip to America anytime soon?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 6:10 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had a head massage, from a very cute, very tight Vietnamese woman... that did the triick.
Did it have a happy ending? (watch until end.. .not that you need encouragement)
Old Jan 20th 2011, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a head massage, from a very cute, very tight Vietnamese woman... that did the triick.
Go to Vietnam and get a proper head massage. That will definitely do the trick...

Probably cheaper than the haircut as well.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 6:16 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Go to Vietnam and get a proper head massage. That will definitely do the trick...

Probably cheaper than the haircut as well.
Bus fare might add up to a fair bit though.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

One time I was there, some old Italian bloke brought in a whole set of Negliges...
Wasn't this one was it?

Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
Wasn't this one was it?

http://i56.tinypic.com/2w74u2r.jpg
Hehe, I reckon the facial expression was about the same.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:40 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BILDER
I am an American, born to British father and an Aus mother, and every time I visit Australia I get some type of hassle. I was in Sydney at Tetsuyas (if anyone's been, they know it is amazing!). My girlfriend and I were eating and we weren't being obnoxious and loud (as I know many Americans truly are), but we pay and leave, and as we are leaving the party at the table next to us yells at top of his ruddy lungs "F*uck you, you Yank! F*uck off, we're full." I reply in poor French and notify the maitre d', and he says, " there is nothing we can do about that as he is entitled to free speech, and he doesn't seem to have disturbed many patrons"(!) In fact, many people applauded him. It has been a few weeks since this occurrence, but my gf and I are still somewhat traumatized.
I am not sensitive, in fact we are quite thick skinned but that was beyond rude!
I don't mean to paint all Australians with the same brush, but I do find anti-American sentiment quite pervasive. Any country that still uses racial epiphets in common day speech is truly a little backward. It is a pity because Australia is probably the most beautiful country in the world.
iv seen this type of thing first hand and i hear anti Americanism all the time it is very common place hear. i put it down to poor education and just plain ignorance. if you try and engage any of these people in a debate they either

1. have never been out of OZ it was just what they saw on tv
2. cant put a sentence together himself but heard his mate say it
3. wants to resort to violence

if it makes you feel better if been all over the world and iv never seen such a big collection of dumb, uneducated people than those in oz.. there not all the same but stone a crows there shit load.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmthor
iv seen this type of thing first hand and i hear anti Americanism all the time it is very common place hear. i put it down to poor education and just plain ignorance. if you try and engage any of these people in a debate they either

1. have never been out of OZ it was just what they saw on tv
2. cant put a sentence together himself but heard his mate say it
3. wants to resort to violence

if it makes you feel better if been all over the world and iv never seen such a big collection of dumb, uneducated people than those in oz.. there not all the same but stone a crows there shit load.
More grammatical and spelling errors that you can shake a stick at. So what do you know? It looks like you're uneducated too!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 8:01 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LouiseR
More grammatical and spelling errors that you can shake a stick at. So what do you know? It looks like you're uneducated too!
lol didnt realise i was taking an english test... you dont worry about me and my education im doing just fine

The point still remains that anti Americanism is very much alive and the fact you defend it shocking... BTW id like to add a 4. Educated, self opininated. idiots

as for spelling stick this in your pipe

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 8:08 am
Banned

this is the only form of acceptable racisam

this is the only form of acceptable racism

Lost In Translation

Today's word is ................. Fluctuations

I was at my bank today; there was a short line.

There was just one lady in front of me, an Asian lady who was trying to exchange yen for dollars.
It was obvious she was a little irritated . . . She asked the teller, "Why it change? Yesterday, I get two hunat dolla fo yen. Today I only get hunat eighty? Why et change?"

The teller shrugged his shoulders and said, "Fluctuations."

The Asian lady says, "Fluc you white people too"
Old Jan 20th 2011, 8:10 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.
all very clever though I'd rather not have to play 'countdown' with every word someone writes.....not implying you though
Old Jan 20th 2011, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

lol didnt realise i was taking an english test... you dont worry about me and my education im doing just fine
Just find it hilarious that you call people dumb and uneducated and in the same breath display how dumb and uneducated you are...

Unless of course you're dyslexic it which case it's not your fault for your poor spelling.

The point still remains that anti Americanism is very much alive and the fact you defend it shocking...
Really? Do I? Where?

Wow that's amazing. I have never seen that before... ever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.