Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
the reason he was being a bit spiky was that he was responding to some rather venomous posts.
I would say he brought it on himself.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Oh no, it was pretty thorough. I've been married for 19 years and even my old man hasn't been quite so intimate as the security lady. Not that I'm complaining...Being a middle aged white woman travelling on a Canadian passport and an around the world ticket I must be a security risk. I've not had the TSA feel-up, though so can't say if they would do a gynaecological exam along with the breast check.
I see you grew up in Toronto? So did I. I used to live in North York, and I went to school at UCC. Canada is a happy medium, I will say.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:33 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Yes, the TSA do the whole gynaecological thing... Women have a tendency to hide things in there. Could be a bomb!
I'll remember not to wear undies next time. Give the pervs a little surprise.
Originally Posted by BILDER
I see you grew up in Toronto? .
No I didn't.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
By all accounts, the full body search in the UK is not as thorough as the one conducted by the US TSA although I can't speak from first hand experience.
And you ignorant numnut, you go through a 3D scanner which, I might add can be found at Sydney International Airport. IF you don't want to go through this, it is a pat down, there is no orifice exam (sorry to disappoint )
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:36 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

And you ignorant numnut, you go through a 3D scanner which, I might add can be found at Sydney International Airport. IF you don't want to go through this, it is a pat down, there is no orifice exam (sorry to disappoint )
Are the insults really necessary? And there is a patdown if security feels like it - x-ray scan or not. (NOT 3D, x-ray)
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:38 pm
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'll remember not to wear undies next time. Give the pervs a little surprise.
eeeeew
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

why have you got it in for this bloke?
the reason he was being a bit spiky was that he was responding to some rather venomous posts. I don't think you can pin all of America's woes on him! Grow up, sheila
Because his attitude is symptomatic of the misunderstanding that a lot of people have when they first strike established relations between Mediterraneans and Anglo Australians. The fact that I live in what is probably the most Mediterranean area of Australia makes me feel like it's my responsibilty to make a very strong and vocal point on the Locals populations behalf. Most visitors take the time to suss the situation out first though.

If you look back I was very sympathetic in my first couple of posts re his plight.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Well we both know just how stupid men can be after drinking a few with their buddies......
That's so true.....just visit the Earl's Court area of London sometime and you will see plenty of pissed up stupid men there.....most of them Aussies as Earl's Court is where they all hang out in a form of Ocker Colony.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:41 pm
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Because his attitude is symptomatic of the misunderstanding that a lot of people have when they first strike established relations between Mediterraneans and Anglo Australians. The fact that I live in what is probably the most Mediterranean area of Australia makes me feel like it's my responsibilty to make a very strong and vocal point on the Locals populations behalf. Most visitors take the time to suss the situation out first though.

If you look back I was very sympathetic in my first couple of posts re his plight.
fair enough
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

We are talking about if you refuse the scanner you numnut. Yes, it is a pat down which firmly feels the genitalia. No one said it was a body cavity search (that's what they do if you fail the pat down).

What is it with Americans and their ability (inability) to read English?

For the record, the scanners at Sydney are a different tech.

Last edited by Deancm_MKII; Jan 20th 2011 at 10:02 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

the reason he was being a bit spiky was that he was responding to some rather venomous posts. I don't think you can pin all of America's woes on him! Grow up, sheila
Probably because he was twisting ozzie's words into something nasty that ozzie didn't say. Ozzie wasn't pinning all of America's woes on him. He was just pointing out that his rants are hypocritical.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

...We must look at the future. If you insist on looking at the past, look at the White Australia policy until 1974! that is very recent.
The US didn't throw off racial segregation until the 1970s. What's your point?

The White Australia is a long dead policy that has been confined to the dustbin of history. If only US racial integration was as successful as Australia's multicultural policies, you'd have something genuine to crow about.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
That's so true.....just visit the Earl's Court area of London sometime and you will see plenty of pissed up stupid men there.....most of them Aussies as Earl's Court is where they all hang out in a form of Ocker Colony.
Where do you live? In the 1980s?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:21 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

One reason is that he dared to post what were seen as critical comments about Australia in the Barbie

.........as usual he got personally attacked for it
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
One reason is that he dared to post what were seen as critical comments about Australia in the Barbie

.........as usual he got personally attacked for it
Found some new mates?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.