Aborigines?

Old Aug 4th 2010, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Aborigines?

I have aboriginal neighbours. None of them have ever given me any hassle. In fact have been pretty friendly to me, helping me out with milk, when I have run out etc. My neighbour on the left of me seems pretty terriefied of me though. I guess she must have heard me shouting at the kids LOL.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 5:05 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
As is usual with threads which discuss the plight of the aboriginal, this is going around in circles. There have been a good number of posts that would have enlighted the OP on the subject- but alas they seem to have disappeared.
The truth is that this is why its so hard to solve mate as everyone has their own views. I think everyone's views are valid - maybe one day it'll be solved
Old Aug 4th 2010, 5:33 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asprilla
There are certainly lots of varying opinions. Ask your Aussie bogan on the street in downtown Cairns what he thinks about aboriginals, and he'll give you a interesting summation, complete with plenty of colourful language. He'll probably have been affected by things he has witnessed directly, and maybe even have been a victim himself.

Ask your civil servant working on "community issues" and you'll hear a different story. A more politically correct story, that is.

The aboriginal people in Australia are looked down upon by every other race. Why? Partly because most of them do not share our values and ideals. But mostly, because too many of them drink, do drugs, don't educate their children, and rob people. Why do they do this ? Perhaps they've always carried on this way. Or perhaps (and here is a more realistic answer) they've gone a bit downhill over the past couple of hundred years because we came along. Is that their fault, or ours? Perhaps that's "all in the past" and we should ignore it.....

I'm not sure where I am heading with this .... but you say in your post that they are "a lost people". Are they ? Some of them, probably. But I'd like to think that not all of them are that way.
I really don't believe that there is an answer to this, it's intractable and likely to persist for generations to come.
Obviously not all are "lost" but as a group I think that term applies to far too many of them.
Things in the past can't be just ignored, but unless you can actually alter the outcome of past events, there really isn't much you can do, other than say that they got a raw deal.... continually saying that though isn't going to help in the long run.

Hypothetically, what would happen if Australia was to hand back, lets say NT,SA and WA, and say this is now your land again. Are we seriously suggesting that they would go back to how they lived 200 years ago?

Surely they can't just 'go back' anymore than we can?

I'm rambling.. !

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Aug 4th 2010 at 5:46 am.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Muslims and Aborigines are two completely different sets of circumstances and bear no resemblance at all.
Haha, don't you believe it........when asked what living in the UAE is like by people back in Aus, I quite often say it's like building a huge modern city in Port Hedland and letting the aborigines run it. The local emirati people have only been out of the desert for 30 or 40 years though.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 7:19 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kim67
Haha, don't you believe it........when asked what living in the UAE is like by people back in Aus, I quite often say it's like building a huge modern city in Port Hedland and letting the aborigines run it. The local emirati people have only been out of the desert for 30 or 40 years though.
l read alot of Aboriginies are becoming muslims these days such as Rugby player and boxer Anthony Mundine.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
I don't think I'm the one that needs educating
Judging by your level of written English, I think you should rethink that statement.

"That website is wrote by Aboriginals maybe it's a bit bias. The problems your mentioning are truly awful and its a huge social problem. However I dont belive that raping children (often their own) can be put down to mis treatment by whites years ago. There are many many disadvantaged people in the world that don't have any where near the amount of problems the Australian Aboriginals do. Why that is I don't know!"
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
l read alot of Aboriginies are becoming muslims these days such as Rugby player and boxer Anthony Mundine.
Hes been a Muslim for more than a decade and is the only aboriginal person that I can think of thats ever converted.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:28 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenandPam
Judging by your level of written English, I think you should rethink that statement.

"That website is wrote by Aboriginals maybe it's a bit bias. The problems your mentioning are truly awful and its a huge social problem. However I dont belive that raping children (often their own) can be put down to mis treatment by whites years ago. There are many many disadvantaged people in the world that don't have any where near the amount of problems the Australian Aboriginals do. Why that is I don't know!"
I take it you dont have much of a life!!
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you dont have much of a life!!
Didnt you know, if you dont spell everything correctly then you have no right to an opinion.

Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:06 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Didnt you know, if you dont spell everything correctly then you have no right to an opinion.

My PA is gonna get the bullet for that load of shyte. You just cannit get the staff these days.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 7:48 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

A very common statement and I hear it a lot.

They really don't do themselves any favours, I dont know any and the only ones I have come across have some kind of addiction or are in prision. I often look up coroners reports and quite a few are regarding Aboriginals.
I find it absolutly heart breaking how these people live and treat others I have often found myself in tears just from reading them, and I'm sorry to say that most of what people see is only the tip of the iceburg. I personally don't think that it is anything to do with earlier white settlers for how they are today, thats just an excuse.

You're kidding right!!!!!!!!! They have been here for thousands of years and it's only the last 250 years that their world had completely collapsed. You're on your way to being an exemplary australian - absolutely disgusting way of thinking. Now all you have to do is start chanting the mantra "the government should have finished them all off a hundred years ago"
Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:00 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mohogony
Just say today we gave all of Australia back to the Aboriginies and all the non-Aborigines left Australia, what do you think Australia would be like in one year from now?
Well lets look at this from a historical perspective. They did a pretty good job for at least the last 30000 years, some say up to 60000 years... I suspect that it would take a fair bit of time to shed the abuse heaped on them by the convicts but judging by history they would do ok.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Yes but it's 200+ years ago mate. They need to get over it, move on, improve their chances of survival. Instead they spend the money looking through the bottom of a bottle & then wonder why they die young.

And people need to stop feeling sorry for them. It solves nothing and creates a victim culture.

Move on...
Spoken like someone that is so obtuse it's sickening.

It was only about a hundred years ago that government sanctioned murder of them was stopped. It was only the mid 60s that indigenous were counted as being human in this convict outpost. The only reason they stopped murdering them and started even acknowledging them as human was because of outside pressure for australia to stop their practices of abuse and racism. And if you talk to enough australians you'll hear the same thing still "they should all be shot" How can a person or people get over it if that's all they keep hearing and are treated like garbage.

Not many would fault the jews for being zealots for what they've been through. The indigenous here have been exposed to for a couple hundred years the same thing - from overt racism to government sanctioned extermination. What they've been through break my heart and continues to.
An aussie common euphemism seems appropriate here... Pull your head out mate!
Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:27 am
Banned

Heard lots of people here and elsewhere pretend and pontificate like they're intellectuals about the indigenous as if they're animals on a wildlife documentary - totally separate from human race...

Here's a novel idea... why don't you invite an indigenous and their family over for dinner - get to know them. Ya know... treat them like their humans... It's amazing what a little bit of basic human respect can achieve. Something that has been completely non-existant in this convict outpost.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:29 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mic n mat
Here's a novel idea... why don't you invite an indigenous and their family over for dinner -
..because I don't want my house robbed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.