Aborigines?

Old Aug 6th 2010, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aborigines?

Originally Posted by mic n mat
Spoken like someone that is so obtuse it's sickening.

It was only about a hundred years ago that government sanctioned murder of them was stopped. It was only the mid 60s that indigenous were counted as being human in this convict outpost. The only reason they stopped murdering them and started even acknowledging them as human was because of outside pressure for australia to stop their practices of abuse and racism. And if you talk to enough australians you'll hear the same thing still "they should all be shot" How can a person or people get over it if that's all they keep hearing and are treated like garbage.

Not many would fault the jews for being zealots for what they've been through. The indigenous here have been exposed to for a couple hundred years the same thing - from overt racism to government sanctioned extermination. What they've been through break my heart and continues to.
An aussie common euphemism seems appropriate here... Pull your head out mate!

actually I would and DO... what zionists do in the name of past persecution is COMPLETELY unacceptable.... it makes it doubley a crime against humanity in my mind, that having as a people experienced pograms, persecution and extermination the "victims" practice the same injustices against fellow human beings... considered lesser valued beings by accident of birth .... sorry, not the victims, but the children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of the 'victims' Who have developed an entitlement attitude... but suffered little themselves...

OK... anti zionist rant over...

At some point victims must begin to rebuild their lives... it's easy to make a living from past injustices, when that is an option on offer courtesy of the govt ... much much harder to take control when it is given and move onwards. Those that have taken control and moved on are the ones who we are NOT talking about here...

whether they are the silent majority or not I don't know...
Old Aug 6th 2010, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

You're kidding right!!!!!!!!! They have been here for thousands of years and it's only the last 250 years that their world had completely collapsed. You're on your way to being an exemplary australian - absolutely disgusting way of thinking. Now all you have to do is start chanting the mantra "the government should have finished them all off a hundred years ago"
Well lets look at this from a historical perspective. They did a pretty good job for at least the last 30000 years, some say up to 60000 years... I suspect that it would take a fair bit of time to shed the abuse heaped on them by the convicts but judging by history they would do ok.
I wonder what happened to the people who were here before the aborigines? Could it be that, as in every other country in the world, the present aboriginals got rid of them? The convicts who escaped and survived actually lived with the aborigines, it was the settlers and the British army who were prone to killing.

Spoken like someone that is so obtuse it's sickening.

It was only about a hundred years ago that government sanctioned murder of them was stopped. It was only the mid 60s that indigenous were counted as being human in this convict outpost. The only reason they stopped murdering them and started even acknowledging them as human was because of outside pressure for australia to stop their practices of abuse and racism. And if you talk to enough australians you'll hear the same thing still "they should all be shot" How can a person or people get over it if that's all they keep hearing and are treated like garbage.

This post is so over the top. You really should calm down and post in a more rational manner.

An aussie common euphemism seems appropriate here... Pull your head out mate!
Perhaps you should, until you have more understanding of the situation than you have shown so far.

Heard lots of people here and elsewhere pretend and pontificate like they're intellectuals about the indigenous as if they're animals on a wildlife documentary - totally separate from human race...

I have never heard anyone speak of aboriginals as if they were animals and I've lived here for a very long time.

Here's a novel idea... why don't you invite an indigenous and their family over for dinner - get to know them. Ya know... treat them like their humans... It's amazing what a little bit of basic human respect can achieve. Something that has been completely non-existant in this convict outpost.
I have had aboriginals, we don't call them "indigenous", for dinner, supper etc. Have you?
Old Aug 7th 2010, 12:17 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
I wonder what happened to the people who were here before the aborigines? Could it be that, as in every other country in the world, the present aboriginals got rid of them?
WTF?
Old Aug 7th 2010, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
WTF?
Some years ago remains were discovered of people who predated the aboriginals, who were not related. No, need to swear.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Some years ago remains were discovered of people who predated the aboriginals, who were not related. No, need to swear.
Ha good point. In Canada the French hate the indigenous Americans as they usurp their trademarked right to claim oppression from the English and a distinct People.
Totally hilarious .
Old Aug 7th 2010, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
..because I don't want my house robbed.
Hmm. Good Point.How about walking a mile in their shoes ?
Old Aug 7th 2010, 7:43 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twhurl
Hmm. Good Point.How about walking a mile in their shoes ?
Depends on where they stole them from.

If they are from Athletes Foot then maybe, but not in some of the other rubbish you get here.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 10:07 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

How do they know they predated aboriginals when scientists and archeologists cannot give an accurate time frame of when aboriginals themselves arrived? Is it 40,000 years or 125,000 years?

Either way your point seems to only want to justify their oppression from white settlers today, which is wrong...there is no justification
Old Aug 7th 2010, 10:32 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what happened to the people who were here before the aborigines? Could it be that, as in every other country in the world, the present aboriginals got rid of them? The convicts who escaped and survived actually lived with the aborigines, it was the settlers and the British army who were prone to killing.
Strictly speaking Aborigine comes from "Ab Origine" meaning from the beginning so there were no people before aborigines.

Take New Zealand for example, the Maori are not aboriginal. I was informed by an aboriginal mate of mine that they actually ate all the aborigines in NZ after they arrived so it makes what happened to the Australian aboriginals look pretty mild in comparison.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
How do they know they predated aboriginals when scientists and archeologists cannot give an accurate time frame of when aboriginals themselves arrived? Is it 40,000 years or 125,000 years?

Either way your point seems to only want to justify their oppression from white settlers today, which is wrong...there is no justification
Remains have been found in the Lake Mungo and Kew Swamp areas of NSW and I believe paintings in the Kimberley. As the is no technology at present which can prove, beyound doubt, that they pre-dated the present aboriginal, the experts still debate the issue.
As for justifying oppression, I think you presume too much. My point was that if in fact there were people in Australia before the aboriginal, the aborigines over ran them and in their turn were over run. Many of that race use this as an excuse for their current behaviour instead of making a decent life for themselves, whether in western society or in a more traditional setting.
No one in their right mind would condone oppression in any form and I can assure you I have plenty empathy.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by renth
Strictly speaking Aborigine comes from "Ab Origine" meaning from the beginning so there were no people before aborigines.

Take New Zealand for example, the Maori are not aboriginal. I was informed by an aboriginal mate of mine that they actually ate all the aborigines in NZ after they arrived so it makes what happened to the Australian aboriginals look pretty mild in comparison.
Thank you, but I don't need English or History lessons.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

BayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud of

I have had aboriginals, we don't call them "indigenous", for dinner, supper etc. Have you?
Yes, my granddaughter would never forgive me if I didn't feed her when she comes to visit.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 6:47 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, but I don't need English or History lessons.
I think you do, you asked "I wonder what happened to the people who were here before the aborigines?" by definition there are no people before aborigines. If you don't feel like learning this then maybe some others here might.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by renth
I think you do, you asked "I wonder what happened to the people who were here before the aborigines?" by definition there are no people before aborigines. If you don't feel like learning this then maybe some others here might.
I know the definiton of the word but with more discoveries it could turn out to be a misnomer. You would, no doubt, have been happier with my post if I had written,"I wonder what happened to the people who were here before the aborigines? If the evidence already found can be proved
beyond doubt." Then again you may not. I apologise profusely for not being more explicit.
People much more knowledgable than me are debating this topic.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:04 pm
(It's not my real name)

People much more knowledgable than me are debating this topic.
Like this?
Attached Thumbnails Aborigines?-you.gif  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.