Aborigines?

Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aborigines?

Originally Posted by renth
Like this?
Now you are becoming offensive. Rather a base way to end a discussion.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Buggerit... a discussion ends and I miss the final chapter... AGAIN
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:51 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twhurl
Hmm. Good Point.How about walking a mile in their shoes ?
That is true, we havent walked a mile in their shoes and cannot comprehend what they went through.

However, if some Aboriginies were caught in your house stealing your stuff or perhaps assaulting your family or say your kids get the shit bashed out of them by a group of indigenous people, would you really sympathise on the basis of history?

I havent walked a mile in their shoes, I cannot imagine the horror of what they went through.

But there are many people on this thread that havent been assaulted, robbed or had any trouble from Aboriginals, yet they say whatever happens and whatever they do, is not their fault. And if they were to walk a mile in the shoes of those that have had trouble from them, then they might think a bit differrently.

Oh sure, robbing a house or bashing someone is not as bad as the stolen generation, but I bet if it happened to their family or they suffered continual hassle from them, then they would sing a different tune.

There is good and bad in everyone, but when ALL of the trouble that a person has suffered in and around where they live happens to come from one group of people, it is really hard to not feel nervous when you see them.

Last edited by Cheetah7; Aug 8th 2010 at 1:02 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 1:15 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
That is true, we havent walked a mile in their shoes and cannot comprehend what they went through.

However, if some Aboriginies were caught in your house stealing your stuff or perhaps assaulting your family or say your kids get the shit bashed out of them by a group of indigenous people, would you really sympathise on the basis of history?

I havent walked a mile in their shoes, I cannot imagine the horror of what they went through.

But there are many people on this thread that havent been assaulted, robbed or had any trouble from Aboriginals, yet they say whatever happens and whatever they do, is not their fault. And if they were to walk a mile in the shoes of those that have had trouble from them, then they might think a bit differrently.

Oh sure, robbing a house or bashing someone is not as bad as the stolen generation, but I bet if it happened to their family or they suffered continual hassle from them, then they would sing a different tune.

There is good and bad in everyone, but when ALL of the trouble that a person has suffered in and around where they live happens to come from one group of people, it is really hard to not feel nervous when you see them.
I'm not sure anyone on here is actually suggesting that Aboriginal crimes should be left unpunished due to their history. I think your example unfortunately highlights the issues in perception that the white settlers of this country have of the Aboriginal population. I'm sure there are more cases of white people committing burglaries, shoplifting or assaults than there are aboriginals, yet the stigma that has been attached to the aboriginal people has not equally been attached to the white population.

If your house had been ransacked or you were assaulted by a group of white people would you go the rest of your life fearing all white people?
Old Aug 8th 2010, 1:30 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I'm not sure anyone on here is actually suggesting that Aboriginal crimes should be left unpunished due to their history. I think your example unfortunately highlights the issues in perception that the white settlers of this country have of the Aboriginal population. I'm sure there are more cases of white people committing burglaries, shoplifting or assaults than there are aboriginals, yet the stigma that has been attached to the aboriginal people has not equally been attached to the white population.

If your house had been ransacked or you were assaulted by a group of white people would you go the rest of your life fearing all white people?
I am afraid ALL the trouble round my way has been committed by Aboriginals. Now you do have a point about a house being ransacked by white people.

But on another comparison, if you were continually having trouble with a group of people who were recognisable by their culture/colour then you may well feel nervous each time you see them.

If you narrow it down to a race/culture for example, where my uncle lived he had trouble with pikies/travellers - and I mean alot of trouble so he was wary of all pikies/travellers.

It all depends where you live and who causes the problems as to who makes you nervous and why.

I dont feel sorry for anyone that mugs/rapes/robs another person - and I dont care about their reason for doing so.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 1:36 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I am afraid ALL the trouble round my way has been committed by Aboriginals. Now you do have a point about a house being ransacked by white people.

But on another comparison, if you were continually having trouble with a group of people who were recognisable by their culture/colour then you may well feel nervous each time you see them.

If you narrow it down to a race/culture for example, where my uncle lived he had trouble with pikies/travellers - and I mean alot of trouble so he was wary of all pikies/travellers.

It all depends where you live and who causes the problems as to who makes you nervous and why.

I dont feel sorry for anyone that mugs/rapes/robs another person - and I dont care about their reason for doing so.
Yep, I can understand that. If it is a frequent occurence by a specific group of people that was determined by their race, clothes (hoodies), age, class or whatever then there is good justification for prejudice.

But I do believe that one example of an aboriginal crime is remembered for longer than the same crime committed by a white person

Last edited by Broad Shoulders; Aug 8th 2010 at 1:55 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:53 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Some years ago remains were discovered of people who predated the aboriginals, who were not related. No, need to swear.
Yes l think l also heard something abou how there may have been a race of people here before the Aboriginies and the Aboriginies might have killed them off.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 6:04 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Yes l think l also heard something abou how there may have been a race of people here before the Aboriginies and the Aboriginies might have killed them off.
Which, if proved correct would mean the Aborigines were wiped out by the black people formerly known as Australian Aborigines.

Aboriginal people live all over the world, like Native Americans, and the jungle tribes in the Amazon, they are also aborigines, not just in Australia. I don't think many people understand what the word actually means.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 9:20 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

not many here on the sunshine coast but the one's that are all seem to be good folk.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 10:36 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Yep, I can understand that. If it is a frequent occurence by a specific group of people that was determined by their race, clothes (hoodies), age, class or whatever then there is good justification for prejudice.

But I do believe that one example of an aboriginal crime is remembered for longer than the same crime committed by a white person
And unfortuantely there are a disproportionate number of indigenous people who live in poverty and have suffered disadvantage socially, economically etc - thus contributing to the perception that all indigenous people are of similar character. A bit of a vicious circle really.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

My 7 year old daughter came in from school today telling us all about the aborigines. We had to denude the paperbark off 1 of the trees in our garden so she can take it to her school tomorrow to be shown how to make an "moi moi" shelter that the aborigines used to build.
Well they used to build them she told us till the white men came and did terrible things to the aborigines and stole all their lovely shells and ground them up to make cement to build houses with.

This is the type of crap their teaching our kids in what is otherwise a good school This is all left wing propagander. Weve tried not to talk about the negative side of the colourful natives in front of the kids and have left it up to them to make judgements in their own time but I couldn't keep quiet when I heard this. I asked did the teachers say if they'd done anything wrong to the white settlers? She said no. Did the teacher tell them about the farmers sheep being stolen by the aborigines? She siad no.

I then went on and told her that sometimes teachers don't tell the complete story and that both sides did wrong things to each other. This now has her confused as she thinks teachers are infallable.

The teaching of only one side of the story is dangerous. When we go shopping to our local large shopping center, Midland, We always keep the kids where we can see them and are always wary when packs of natives are roaming about. What happens if she still has this idealised notion of the aborigines when in 6 or 7 years time when she and her friends get the bus into Midland to do some Saturday morning shopping without parents? She'll be lucky if it's only a bashing she gets.

As a matter of interest I know of 4 people around here who have had things stolen or were burgled in the last 12 months and each time it was the natives (including my car) as opposed to no similar crimes by white youths. And this area is only about 0.5% native.

Keel
Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keel
My 7 year old daughter came in from school today telling us all about the aborigines. We had to denude the paperbark off 1 of the trees in our garden so she can take it to her school tomorrow to be shown how to make an "moi moi" shelter that the aborigines used to build.
Well they used to build them she told us till the white men came and did terrible things to the aborigines and stole all their lovely shells and ground them up to make cement to build houses with.

This is the type of crap their teaching our kids in what is otherwise a good school This is all left wing propagander. Weve tried not to talk about the negative side of the colourful natives in front of the kids and have left it up to them to make judgements in their own time but I couldn't keep quiet when I heard this. I asked did the teachers say if they'd done anything wrong to the white settlers? She said no. Did the teacher tell them about the farmers sheep being stolen by the aborigines? She siad no.

I then went on and told her that sometimes teachers don't tell the complete story and that both sides did wrong things to each other. This now has her confused as she thinks teachers are infallable.

The teaching of only one side of the story is dangerous. When we go shopping to our local large shopping center, Midland, We always keep the kids where we can see them and are always wary when packs of natives are roaming about. What happens if she still has this idealised notion of the aborigines when in 6 or 7 years time when she and her friends get the bus into Midland to do some Saturday morning shopping without parents? She'll be lucky if it's only a bashing she gets.

As a matter of interest I know of 4 people around here who have had things stolen or were burgled in the last 12 months and each time it was the natives (including my car) as opposed to no similar crimes by white youths. And this area is only about 0.5% native.

Keel
Are you for real Keel? Do you consider genocide to be equitable to rustling a few sheep?. Jesus thank God you've arrived in the only country in the world founded by societies' lower social orders. I wonder what you would consider to be a bad school? You really sound the ideal BNP candidate.You make a lot of redneck ignorant Australians/Brits/Yankees sound reasonable and articulate
It's not your first stupid intolerant post and I'm sure far from your last.I really hope your children are at least superior in thought than you.

Last edited by kevin747; Aug 9th 2010 at 9:31 am.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:59 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Keel

Yep, I can see how your daughter is going to get a much more balanced view from you than by listening to her teachers.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly can't believe how thick and nasty some of the posters on this thread are. I'm trying to imagine Alf Garnett with a Geordie accent. It's mind boggling.

Last edited by kevin747; Aug 9th 2010 at 9:37 am.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:20 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Keel
And if I'd been kicked off my land and not allowed to fish the river my family had been living on for thousands of years and me and my family were starving - I be stealing flamin sheep as well.

Yeh there are two sides to every story - the one they want you to believe and then theres the truth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.