3 Years on , back in UK

3 Years on , back in UK

Old Aug 6th 2006, 12:31 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 3 Years on , back in UK

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Very good point Phoenix .....

Arkon, who has annoyed the crapper out of me recently, is far more readable as a Aussie knocker.... Therefore goes to the top of my list as the most lucid and intellligent poster that has negative things to say about Aussie. I cannot recall Arkon resorting to insults as easily.... except for labelling most Aussies as thick.

Mind you Arkon doesn't have the online Groupies that PB has
I agree.

PB and Arkon say things at times that are poles apart from many people's views [including mine]. I just shake my head, laugh....and walk away

At least he and others tell it as they see it. They don't post under an assumed name so as to betray who they are.

Would anyone's comments seriously stop anyone from migrating? I doubt it.

I reckon 99.9% people on here are intelligent sensible people with viewpoints all of their own. Most can decipher the wheat from the chaff, besides....how can anyone know what Aus or anywhere is about, until they try it?

Some hate Aus....some hate UK....some generalise about a nation some generalise about its people some generalise about its culture, blah, blah......

If someone wants to think EVERYONE is stoopid cos they choose to live somewhere different from them, so what

I know who's stooopid on that score.

I certainly aint letting anyone get me pissed off cos of it

Fancy a drink? Just don't throw any bottles at me cos I prefer Brisvagas to anywhere else

Last edited by phoenixinoz; Aug 6th 2006 at 12:34 am.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 12:37 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Let's face it a lot of people on here can't hear a bad word about Australia yet are quick to slag of the UK.

Australia is fine, the Uk is fine they're just different some like one some like the other.

I like Melbourne and Sydney, I went to Brisbane once and hated it and I'm sure I wouldn't like Perth either.

It's all about personal preference.

Posts like PB's and Arkons are more than welcome in my eyes as it gives a view other than through the rose tints which most people use.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 12:38 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

pommie Bastard [keith] came here as an engineer for Orbital engines a perth company, i got the feeling from his early posts that things wer,nt going well when his posts started knock his fellow work mates, then were he lived, then western Australia then the country as a whole.
He then started to have a dig at any BE oz is good posters, and went into spasms of glee at any oz is bad posts.
Thus setting the tone for his eventual departure, i have noticed in his latest post a number of mistakes and grammatical errors,? unusual for PB.
I think PB is not happy in Kinver hence his re emergence and i look forward to the up and coming KINVER is SHITE posts ............. mm
Old Aug 6th 2006, 1:24 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Just want to thanl you PB as it was your posts that made us choose brizzy.
Good on ya.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=31
seconded
Old Aug 6th 2006, 1:27 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wengerboy
To be honest I've never heard a good word said about Perth, well not from anyone who doesn't live there or on there way there.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:09 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
pommie Bastard [keith] came here as an engineer for Orbital engines a perth company, i got the feeling from his early posts that things wer,nt going well when his posts started knock his fellow work mates, then were he lived, then western Australia then the country as a whole.
He then started to have a dig at any BE oz is good posters, and went into spasms of glee at any oz is bad posts.
Thus setting the tone for his eventual departure, i have noticed in his latest post a number of mistakes and grammatical errors,? unusual for PB.
I think PB is not happy in Kinver hence his re emergence and i look forward to the up and coming KINVER is SHITE posts ............. mm
Keith?? that's nothing like the name for the image I'd conjured up of him :scared:
Keith of Kinver I'm sure I've read some "Dear Deidre" letters signed by that pseudonym
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Kimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hels
I think you better look back at the posts again...the post right BEFORE this one PB called somone witless??? The post you have quoted above is well after he started referring to people on this forum as sad cases etc....
IMO, calling someone 'witless/sad cases', is nowhere near calling someone an 'utter wanker'...dunno if that's just me?!!! I find that far more insulting.

See, again....not sure you have really read the posts....I cant see where ANYONE has slated him for not liking Australia....They are more slating him because of the tone of his posts and his digs he makes towards people who do happen to like the place or want to move there....HUGE difference in my opinion....
same goes for you sweetie you appear to have also only seen what you wanted to see

Of course it doesnt NEED to be taken like this...of course people could just sit here all happy that someone is blatently saying they are all ignorant because if they come to Australia to try it out to see if THEY like it, and not cancel all of their dreams and plans because some shallow insignificant little man didnt like it they are stupid....
where did he actually say that?!!! Answer : nowhere

Of course.....everyone, thats it!! We are all not allowed to have the right to respond to these claims as he is the one with the right to voice his thoughts on here...but no one else is
Sure you are, but perhaps you should think about whether he is actually insulting you first, whether he is actually saying you're all ignorant or merely expressing his opinion, his experience
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:46 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cresta57
Keith?? that's nothing like the name for the image I'd conjured up of him :scared:
Keith of Kinver I'm sure I've read some "Dear Deidre" letters signed by that pseudonym
Mate are you not drunk yet

Memorable quotes from Keith from The Office...

“I watched that Peak Practice.”
“Yeah, I’ve never seen it.”
“Bloody repeat.”
“Annoying innit?”
“Not for me, I hadn't seen it.”
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cresta57
ROFPMSL
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by rossifumi

“Bloody repeat.”
“Annoying innit?”
I've only ever seen about half an episode of the office and didn't like it.

It must be good though as you have to give things a time, maybe I should download it.

I've been watching sopranos and have run out of series 6 and I've nearly exhausted Curb your enthusiasm.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:50 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kimka
IMO, calling someone 'witless/sad cases', is nowhere near calling someone an 'utter wanker'...dunno if that's just me?!!! I find that far more insulting....
are you in Oz Kimka?
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We're working on it
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:52 am
Account Closed

“Bloody repeat.”
“Annoying innit?”

The Office. Best new comedy in a long time.

Do you know any pixies, elves or dwarfs
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
We're working on it
Have you run away with cresta and opened up your own brewery Polly
Old Aug 6th 2006, 4:14 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fraser
I've only ever seen about half an episode of the office and didn't like it.

It must be good though as you have to give things a time, maybe I should download it.

I've been watching sopranos and have run out of series 6 and I've nearly exhausted Curb your enthusiasm.
Download series 1 & 2 and give it time. I was just watching it the other day being all nostalgic. Our Aussie neighbours have borrowed it so it'll be interesting to hear thier thoughts. I asked if they had watched much British comedy and my mate replies.."yeah we used to watch some mothers do av 'em"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.