Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

3 Years on , back in UK

3 Years on , back in UK

Old Aug 4th 2006, 2:59 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Years on , back in UK

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I've got a vague Idea of what they must be like, having spent plenty of time around Bath.
I lived in Bath for a decade. I think I'd sooner move to Harpenden than return there...
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:05 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whoever
Pommie Bastard,

People like you deserve to stay in England. 'Backwards thinking' is what comes to mind.
New fish to fry , off to a backward land I take it , another wannabe immo? to the unlucky country.

Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:07 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pommie bastard
New fish to fry , off to a backward land I take it , another wannabe immo? to the unlucky country.

Thought you could have been funny....but you're not.
Can't you change the record?

Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:12 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Thought you could have been funny....but you're not.
Can't you change the record?

Hum one I will play it , Advance Australia Fair do .
Being a Pom refuge must be loads of fun why do you need me to make you laugh , give me an Aussie Joke , come on thats got to be easy for you?
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

Hum one I will play it , Advance Australia Fair do .
Being a Pom refuge must be loads of fun why do you need me to make you laugh , give me an Aussie Joke , come on thats got to be easy for you?
Look, I like it here...you don't - end of story.

Don't you have anything else to talk about?
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

give me an Aussie Joke , come on thats got to be easy for you?
Workplace/IR rules - theres a joke, "tasty" cheese - theres another......
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by CasG
Look, I like it here...you don't - end of story.

Don't you have anything else to talk about?
You start a thread on your love of your life in OZ , feel free , I am sure it would be far more interesting.
Ask a question and maybe I can answer it , is that not what a forum does ?
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

whoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to behold

Honestly, to me... I feel sorry for you. You obviously have nothing better to do than go on a forum and bitch about a country that you don't live in, and don't like.

Move on. Arguing with a 22 year old isn't cool.

lol

Best wishes, enjoy life!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was for people MOVING TO Australia so why is he on here? Does he not have a life in the wonderful UK
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by whoever
Honestly, to me... I feel sorry for you. You obviously have nothing better to do than go on a forum and bitch about a country that you don't live in, and don't like.

Move on. Arguing with a 22 year old isn't cool.

lol

Best wishes, enjoy life!
So true , just off now must go , enjoy your weekends my refuge friends ,
off to buy a CD of Land of Hope and Glory .
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

You start a thread on your love of your life in OZ , feel free , I am sure it would be far more interesting.
Ask a question and maybe I can answer it , is that not what a forum does ?
I've did one...a while back entitled 'Quality of Life'.

Yes, a forum is for discussing different issues....I asked whether you have anything else to offer this one....surely your life is not so negative that you just want to be taunting the rest of us.

Some have bitten, including me...but now I want to know if you have anything positive to add.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
I lived in Bath for a decade. I think I'd sooner move to Harpenden than return there...
Are you still here?

Tut,tut.

Get out and do your paper-round.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 6:58 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

The end ??
Old Aug 4th 2006, 7:40 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gedge
Another poster of time gone by. Has someone opened a pandora's box?
Still happy back in the UK Rich? Nice to see you back.
Happy?? Not happy exactly....there's a Govt tax on happiness in the UK, it starts with £1 a litre in fuel (riding my bikes and driving my truck make me happy...filling them does not), continues with the cost of utilities, and council tax and ends with your home being sold by the Govt to fund any care you need in your later years.......

Whether another attempted emigration is the answer I don't know; each and every country has it's positives and negatives. I'm in a totally different situation 3 years on....new (sane) girlfriend (very qualified hairdresser, so Oz would be possible), living in Lancs instead of Cheshire. Nothing's set, nothing's thrown out...staying here (maybe), emigrating again (maybe, hence my revisiting BE...the advice given here was in the most, good)....who knows. I do know I'd move to the USA tomorrow, every time I've visited (3 times in 3 years), I've loved it, but it's easier to inhabit Mars than get into the US, so it's out of the question.

Oh well, I'll keep my options wide open and see what comes.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

daveroo is a jewel in the roughdaveroo is a jewel in the roughdaveroo is a jewel in the roughdaveroo is a jewel in the rough

[Is that the midlands where you darent walk the streets for fear of getting shot or stabbed or is that the midlands where people dont think twice about glassing you in the face.3 years on and you still cant admit it shame on you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.